Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 04:22:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese Whaling Ships  (Read 13932 times)

valleyforge

• Forum member
Japanese Whaling Ships
« on: June 20, 2010, 19:55:57 »

It is by now clear that Japanese whaling ships will be in the game. The new question I have is: Will these ships be available to sail, or will they simply be in the Whaling Campaigns and not be anywhere else?
Paul Watson is at it again: Doing absolutely nothing ;)

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
Re: Japanese Whaling Ships
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 22:54:26 »

I doubt they will be able to sail as the Harpoon boats have like the smallest bridge superstructure and i see no interior inside them

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 23:57:43 »

You can newer see interior of a ship from the outside since it's hided to get hight FPS in the game.

Bridge interior is a seperate model, it's like this in SS08 to.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 00:11:26 »

ok, but i still doubt it

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:11:20 »

I'm not shure if you sail them but you atleast can't see from the exterior if you can. :doh:

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:41 »

Frank did say a while back about it :)
Just to clarify things and stop this pointing fingers and second guessing, yes there will be whaling ships (including a huge factory ship as well as hunters) and yes they will be AI.

Regards,

Frank

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 14:31:14 »

But, why are the whaling ships AI.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 18:41:15 »

I'm not too sure entirely.
The Japanese whaling ships in the game are part of the old whaling fleet and not the current ones (Yushin Maru...)
and they are infact the Kyo Maru ships.
This is possibly an agreement by the IRC, and so they do not allow the current ships in the game.
And as you can imagine an organization that does what it does must come under a lot of finger pointing, and they probably wouldn't like seeing videos on youtube of their "Research" Ships being hit by the Greenpeace ships  ::)  But, I can only guess! I don't believe their has been any official confirmation on the topic of the whaling ships apart from the fact that they are only AI. (Even though it would have been nice just to sail it once and get a feel for the ship, as they are quite fast and maneuverable)
I think also that the Greenpeace ship Esperanza has only ever confronted the Kyo ships and never the Yushin ships? (May be wrong). The Esperanza actually looks bigger than the Kyo ships so maybe that was part of the reason too?

This is the Kyo Maru type harpoon ship.

Yushin Maru

Kind Regards

Matthew  :thumbs:

EDIT!: May have found the answer:
Because the missions in SSE from Greenpeace are a long time ago.
Its has been a couple of years since Greenpeace was in the Antartic to confront the whaling fleed.
I think there was only Yushin Maru 1 in that time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 18:57:36 by Matthew Brown »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 19:51:21 »

Lower Left Corner. Nice to see someone can follow instructions. :doh:
Almost never here, try here.

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 23:14:02 »

I must say the news you can't sail these ships is VERY disapointing, those smaller vessels (e.g. Shōnan Maru type things) are a true marvell of engineering and are very fast for their size :/ i don't see why not, can't they just have it like JJ and make them "unsinkable"?

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 23:25:32 »

Also in the presentation video for E3 the first scene is the Nisshin Maru and other smaller whaling vessel and they appear to be all that is there but yes, we don't want to pester people obv but i think a second very clear confirmation is needed  ;)

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 00:42:01 »

Yes it sure would be something to be able to sail in them. But I don't think that the Kyo Maru ships (which are the ones in the game) are as fast, maneuverable as the Yushin Maru ships which are the newer ones.
So it might not be all that fun.  ??? But maybe! And if not, I'm sure it might be possible to make them playable in a superpack like a few other ships.

It seems a bit confusing doesnt it with the different names! But if it helps below is a guide to the current fleet...

This is the one in the game: (Kyo Maru)

Kind Regards

Matthew  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 00:45:36 by Matthew Brown »

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 00:49:18 »

Yes but either way, the ships are very nice, the older ones still look very slender for speed, not sure about maneuverable but hey, i guess we will have to wait...well, if Vstep decide to allow us to sail them at some point *hint hint Vstep* ;)

Alex the ship driver

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 15:38:26 »

what is the kyoshin maru?

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 08:57:32 »

Vstep really should make them playable, when you look at it this way: We can't drive the japanese boats, just greenpeace, what the game really does to the japanese is making them look like the "bad guys", a sort of racism I'd say. It's most common to say that the most of the world look upon whaling as bad, BUT there's also those who don't and don't forget they are actual researching on migration, population and feeding happits, so It's not proven that they are commercial whaling. Here's were people have different opinions.

I'm sure that if Titanic turned out to be an Ai ship for this game, there would be a 1000's threads arguing about this, but when we do the same, not making a 1000 threads, but shares our opinions, we get ingored by Vstep.

Thanks a lot! What happened to your state Frank, in one of the interviews on youtube you say that people on the forum has a big role and that their opinions has something to say during the deveplovment of the game, well I sure doesn't fell like my opinion counts....

Edit:
I've heard them say those boat cant be playable in SSE because their not at a equal stage of graphic like most playable ships in SSE, well when it comes to the whaler thats rubbish. Just look at the pictures I took, do they look bad? No I dont think they do....

I really think they respond the the requirments set for the playable boats for this game!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 18:06:08 by sondre-tide »

matte225

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 18:44:02 »

I would LOVE to play on the Japanese ship. Repelling the GP groups that are trying to attack you with water cannons sounds like great fun!
I mean, the GP ships are playable and they are trying to sink the Japanese ships. The game clearly makes the Japanese into the "bad guys" even though they are the ones under attack.
We can donate to the GP, how about VSTEP make the Japanese ships playable, and have a donation for the ICR?

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 19:07:31 »

I mean, the GP ships are playable and they are trying to sink the Japanese ships.
Ahoy matte225
What do you exactly mean with this bold statement?
Trying to sink those large vessels only with the aid of watercannons is quite impossible, or they have to do it the way as the Sea Shepards are doing. Aiming their watercannons directly to the whalers exhaust pipes could damage their engines and make them vulnerable for foul weather  :thumbdown:
I never heard of or seen some action from the Greenpeace organisation to damage the whalers, nore try to sink them.
Regards
Aad the Pirate
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

matte225

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 19:13:25 »

Ahoy matte225
What do you exactly mean with this bold statement?
Trying to sink those large vessels only with the aid of watercannons is quite impossible, or they have to do it the way as the Sea Shepards are doing. Aiming their watercannons directly to the whalers exhaust pipes could damage their engines and make them vulnerable for foul weather  :thumbdown:
I never heard of or seen some action from the Greenpeace organisation to damage the whalers, nore try to sink them.
Regards
Aad the Pirate
GP has purposely rammed many ships around the world One picture is even posted in this thread. An attack on a ship, is an attack on the people on board.
The Japanese crew on board does not deserve to have their lives threatened in anyway.
many people here are Mariners, and I am sure they would not like a group like GP ramming their ship, or typing chains to your propellers.
It is very dangerous to innocent lives to try to disable a ship that far from any help. It saddens me that VSTEP seems to support this, and targets the Japanese specifically.
Please VSTEP. Lets us drive the Japanese research vessels, and donate to the ICR. It would be great fun to have a defensive campaign while GP tries to attack.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 19:34:12 »

If you're reffering to the pic's on this post http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?topic=19111.msg264900#msg264900
look twice. On the third pic you can clearly se that the GP vessel lies almost dead in the water while the Whaler is full speed ahead and stering to starboard. On the fourth picture you can see that the GP Vessel is still not moving while the Whaler is still speeding. Have a look at the screw wash of both vessels.
So, who is the ramming party?
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

matte225

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 19:50:35 »

If you're reffering to the pic's on this post http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?topic=19111.msg264900#msg264900
look twice. On the third pic you can clearly se that the GP vessel lies almost dead in the water while the Whaler is full speed ahead and stering to starboard. On the fourth picture you can see that the GP Vessel is still not moving while the Whaler is still speeding. Have a look at the screw wash of both vessels.
So, who is the ramming party?
GP is still the party at fault. They went there to block and ram ships. No matter what the "rules of the road" say. GP was only there to cause trouble.
If I get in my car with the purpose of blocking other cars, it is then my fault when there is an accident. Same goes for this.
Since you seem to be simply repeating the same "green" talking points you are told to, you will enver see the truth. The Japanese people there are not hurting anyone, while GP is there to cause harm and vandalism and destroy. So tell me, who is at fault?
VSTEP again, please let us drive the Japanese research vessels. It would be quite the experience with the faster Shonan maru security ship, or the large Nisshin.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 22:31:07 »

what is the kyoshin maru?
She is merely a spotter ship for the ICR.
And a while back a crew member unfortunately fell overboard and was never found.
Don't know if she is still with the ICR, it's still early days in this years whaling season.

Hope that answers your question  :2thumbs:

matte225

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 23:03:08 »

She is merely a spotter ship for the ICR.
And a while back a crew member unfortunately fell overboard and was never found.
Don't know if she is still with the ICR, it's still early days in this years whaling season.

Hope that answers your question  :2thumbs:
She is also the nonlethal research vessel. She was rammed recently as well, and thankfully none of that crew was harmed in that attack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 23:32:07 »

More importantly, what is anyone going to do about the hunting of jars of Marmite? Every day countless jars are consumed just for the pleasure of the purchaser.

They are herded by shelf stackers onto supermarket shelves and picked off one at a time. I have formed the Marmite Shephard Conservation Team (AKA Brown peace) to try and protect each and every jar, for one day all jars will be extinct!
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 12:43:58 »

This is going to get UGLY!!!
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 12:46:35 »

This is going to get UGLY!!!