Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 17:17:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scale is off  (Read 2012 times)

dynocomp

• Forum member
Scale is off
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:16:09 »

Maybe it's just me, but it looks to me like the scale of the water texture does not match the size of the ships.  The ships seem to be more like models on a lake rather than huge vessels.  Refer especially to screenshots #3 and #10.  Even the base of the Sydney Harbour Bridge seems much smaller than it really is because of the way the water texture is scaled.  In fact, most of the screen shots seem to lack depth.  The crowded shots don't really seperate the big ships from the smaller ones.  It looks like a bunch of model toys that have different scales.  It's kind of hard to explain, but it all seems off.  I think I like the look of Ship Sim 2008 much better.  Sorry.  I think I'll give this one a miss.

DynoComp

Sebe

• Forum member
Re: Scale is off
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:58:04 »

To me it all looks great! :2thumbs:

for all you know those screenshots were taken many months ago, and it might look even better now. Even if it doesn't you can contact the developers about it and they might patch it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:01:05 by Sebe »

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:22:34 »

Trust me, it will be worth buying   :)

Sjimmenof

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 22:32:03 »

Maybe it's just me, but it looks to me like the scale of the water texture does not match the size of the ships.  The ships seem to be more like models on a lake rather than huge vessels.  Refer especially to screenshots #3 and #10.  Even the base of the Sydney Harbour Bridge seems much smaller than it really is because of the way the water texture is scaled.  In fact, most of the screen shots seem to lack depth.  The crowded shots don't really seperate the big ships from the smaller ones.  It looks like a bunch of model toys that have different scales.  It's kind of hard to explain, but it all seems off.  I think I like the look of Ship Sim 2008 much better.  Sorry.  I think I'll give this one a miss.

DynoComp

Same thoughts here!

Roger

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 22:31:50 »

Considering that most 3D modeling software have many ways to measure relative distance, I highly doubt that the ships in SSX will be differently scaled. It is most likely a visual thing.

I do agree with the water texture though, on the old screenshots you mentioned it seems to need a little tweaking or it could just have been an unlucky angle. I would think that this got sorted before we get the game though, it is probably just a matter of adjusting a few variables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines