Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 23:17:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boxed or Download  (Read 11517 times)

deltaecho

• Forum member
Re: Boxed or Download
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 22:19:10 »

heres my dxdiag. can you check it out fred?

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 22:21:05 »

I have an i7 core 920 processor, with 6 GB RAM, and a Radeon 5850 graphics card.

A WHAT?? Fred please don't scare me!!

Your computer SHOULD hand Ship Simulator Extremes LIKE A PICE OF CAKE! If you have at lest one smallest problem with that, i can throw my computer trough the window...

I have Intel Core Duo E7300 2X 2.66 Ghz - 3 GB DDR 2 RAM on 800 Mghz - Nvidia 8600 GT with 512 Mb, and 640 GB on WD hard disc.

That is almost a twice lover than your specs, that means i'm in a trouble  ???

Deltaecho:

Your computer is also a machine, all the parts seams to be three times better than SSE needs, but i'm a little bit scared about Graphic Card.

More opinions?

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 22:24:06 by Captain. Mitch »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 22:32:36 »

Yes, Mitch.. it runs like a dream actually.  :P

Deltaecho,

You really do indeed need a proper graphics card in that machine. CPU and RAM are fine, but that integrated graphics chip won't do, I am afraid.

Even if it can use enough of the needed memory from your leftover RAM, it's not really a gaming solution, so I predict you won't run it properly, if at all, with that.

But I'm no expert on these things.

Regards,
Fred

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 22:37:19 »

Oh, thank you for informations, i was already scared. I just hope now it will work.

Deltaecho, if you have any possibility to upgrade your graphic card that would be the best solution...
Because integrated graphic card are not made for games, and they do not support games, so sorry for saying you that, but i'm scared you will have problems with that.

All the rest is GREAT, but the graphic card...

But as i'm saying THERE IS ALWAYS A HOPE!

Many luck, and kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 22:53:30 »

Boxed regular edition.

Over 12 USD in shipping!

According to the FAQ, I should get it 3 weeks (or less?) after release if standard shipping delivery time applies.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 22:55:34 by RMS Gigantic »

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 23:55:09 »

Deltaecho,

You really do indeed need a proper graphics card in that machine. CPU and RAM are fine, but that integrated graphics chip won't do, I am afraid.

Even if it can use enough of the needed memory from your leftover RAM, it's not really a gaming solution, so I predict you won't run it properly, if at all, with that.

But I'm no expert on these things.

Regards,
Fred
it ran fine with FSX ???

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 00:04:19 »

FSX is also almost 4 years old and hardly a benchmark for modern games. If you compare the minimum specs for FSX and SSE youll notice how far apart these games are.

Here is the FSX one:
   * Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
    * PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
    * 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
    * 14 GB available hard disk space
    * DVD-ROM drive
    * 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
    * Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    * Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
    * 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

And SSE:
   * Operating system: Windows XP (Min. service pack 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    * 32 and 64 bits OS supported
    * Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Vista or Windows 7)
    * Processor: 3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor
    * Video card: Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 with 256MB ram (At least Shader model 3.0)
    * Hard disc space: 3,5GB
    * Drive: 4x PC DVD-ROM
    * Input controllers: Mouse with scroll wheel
    * Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    * DirectX: Version 9.0c
    * Controller: Optional controller support DirectX 9.0c compatible
    * Internet: Broadband Internet connection required for Multiplayer
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 00:06:40 by dodweb »

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 00:09:58 »

god :C now i have to find out what kind of graphics card my computer will take if i upgrade it. and i have no clue how to do it

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 00:12:07 »

it ran fine with FSX ???

But that's an old game though, by now... And a totally different one at that.

You can't compare one game to another, specially if it's years old, and use it to speculate if another will work just as well, I am afraid.

Maybe.. just maybe, if your machine can still run SSE with the 'stolen RAM' for the graphics chip, it might run.

But I'd bet on it that it will not be a superb performace at all.. Just being realistic. You might get lucky, or it might not run at all. But I cannot imagine it performing on the medium to high end of the settings.

Fred

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 00:14:54 »

i cant figure out what kind of graphics card to buy to upgrade to

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 00:20:11 »

There have been many threads on the subject already. Is your computer a desktop or a laptop?

If it is a desktop, how much would you be willing to spend for a graphics card? What kind of power supply do you have? How familiar are you with changing internal components in a PC?

Search a bit through the posts here and youll get a general idea of a low, medium and high level graphics card as well as rough pricerange.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 00:26:06 »

im just gunna email my uncle. he builds custom pc's for a living and he'll know what the maximum card can go in. as for spending, anything

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 00:33:48 »

Sounds like a good plan and a good uncle to know  :thumbs: Good luck!

mvsmith

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 00:46:11 »

Two things that can make it difficult or not feasible to upgrade an existing computer:

Most high end graphics cards are double width. Viewed from their external connectors, they require, in addition to a slot on the left with the correct bus connector, an empty slot on the right. They also require a power supply of sufficient capacity.

In order for the processor to handle multi-threading efficiently, the RAM must be fast enough to handle the traffic. This means DDR3 instead of the DDR2 found in most of the older computers.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 00:50:18 »

i have 6GB DDR3

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:20 »

Yeah your i3 system should be more than able to cope with the game. There are also many "singleslot" highend cards on the market, especially from ATi if I remember right, so I wouldnt worry too much about that either.

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:01 »

You also want to look at the wattage on your computers power supply, newer cards often require a lot more power than older models, when i updated to a Nvidia geforce 9800 GT i had to upgrade my power supply to 650w from 350 odd (standard for most pc's not made for gamming) and check if your computer is pci, pci express or agb (i think) hope this helps! :)

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 04:33:06 »

how can i check  the power?

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 14:46:10 »

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 15:47:19 »

The GT240 is slightly better than the 9800GT which is somewhat better than the 8800GT which is the minimum requirement for the game. I would assume that you could run SSE at low settings, perhaps a bit more.

I'd consider something like a GT460, they retail at around $200 and should be able to run the game at pretty high settings.. would require two slots and a somewhat powerful power supply though.

Considering that the game is out in 4 days, perhaps its better to sit on the fence until then and see what other people experience? Then youll know for sure how a lot of different videocards will perform with the game and it is a lot easier to decide what card to get.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 15:51:01 »

my uncle said,
"Ya, it's several levels up from the specs you gave me! Nvidia has the 400 series(best and pricey)200 series, 9 series, 8 series, 7, 6, 5---- this is second to the top!"

i will just get a 400 series instead ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines