Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:33:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What boat is the less likely to sink the fastest?

Red eagle
- 2 (11.1%)
Titanic
- 5 (27.8%)
Ocean star
- 2 (11.1%)
Freedom 90
- 7 (38.9%)
Red jet 4
- 2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does my ship take forever to sink when i crash it all the time  (Read 12412 times)

Ralphy

• Forum member

You are right about being banned; 30 days, with encouragement from his friends.

What does that mean?

McGherkin

• Forum member

I think that means:

Made my evening #2

nice work

Both quoting the insult aimed at Marty.
Almost never here, try here.

laganviking

• Forum member

...with encouragement from his friends.

I aint his friends  ;)
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

McGherkin

• Forum member

Oh, and Freedom 90 does not sink. It's invincible, 'coz it's a hovercraft.

Ralphy

• Forum member

so does that mean the wmbot and mc are banned to?

Ralphy

• Forum member

Oh, and Freedom 90 does not sink. It's invincible, 'coz it's a hovercraft.

do hovercrafts float in real life when the skirt is not inflated?

McGherkin

• Forum member

Yes, they do, actually. Strictly speaking, a hovercraft does not need a skirt. The first one didn't anyway.

And no I am not banned, because I did not encourage the behaviour of the banned.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 22:14:02 by McGherkin »

Ralphy

• Forum member

no im talking about master captain, your McG

McGherkin

• Forum member

Oh, they're not banned. Yet.

mvsmith

so does that mean the wmbot and mc are banned to?

No, WM just likes to encourage others to get banned.

McGherkin

• Forum member

No matter. He has crashed anyway.

Look what just popped up on my computer.

mvsmith

I told moejoe that he could find information on sinking if he looked. There was no reason to repeat it just for his benefit.
When I thought he was a kid, I was inclined not to ban him, but at 23 his behavior was inexcusable.

McGherkin

• Forum member

But since you are taking the trouble of posting, why not just answer?

He may not know how to search?

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

I told moejoe that he could find information on sinking if he looked. There was no reason to repeat it just for his benefit.
When I thought he was a kid, I was inclined not to ban him, but at 23 his behavior was inexcusable.

Do you honestly believe he is 23?  :-\ :doh:
Regards,
Jonah

McGherkin

• Forum member

Do you honestly believe he is 23?  :-\ :doh:

His position requires him to believe him. Unless there is concrete evidence stating otherwise.

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

Ah, i see.
Regards,
Jonah

McGherkin

• Forum member

perhaps MoJo meant 2-3 instead of 23?

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

Thats the only logical explaination  :doh: :P
Regards,
Jonah

mvsmith

But since you are taking the trouble of posting, why not just answer?

He may not know how to search?

Because, to give a full and correct answer, as opposed to your quick and erroneous answers, is not something that can be accomplished in a few sentences. The subject has been further complicated by the diddling of the dynamics in the SuperPacks, which has broken some missions involving sinking.

I think it far more productive to encourage him to use the resources on the forum to gain a fuller understanding of the simulator.

If he is going to be an active member of this forum (something that is in doubt at the moment), he should learn to use the Search function. There is no excuse not to. There is help available on using Search. There is even help on finding the help on Search.

We realize how desperately you are trying to become a moderator. You are not going about it in an intelligent manner by sniping from the sidelines.

McGherkin

• Forum member

We realize how desperately you are trying to become a moderator. You are not going about it in an intelligent manner by sniping from the sidelines.

That was not called for. I have no intention of becoming a moderator. Nor am I sniping from the sidelines, I am merely trying to help. Isn't that what the forum is for? If you have an issue with that, I would prefer you kept your 'remarks' to PMs, or not at all.

I think a simplified answer would have diffused the situation much better than just telling him to search the forum. Sure, suggest that he searches the forum to widen his knowledge, but at least answer his question briefly first.

mvsmith

If you just want to help, then try giving complete and correct help, rather than criticizing those who have spent a lot more time and effort giving effective help than you have.
How many manuals or tutorials have you bothered to write?

McGherkin

• Forum member

Just because I am incorrect once in a while, does not mean that you have to bawl me out. Where possible I give the best help I can. I do not criticise the people distrubuting the help, but here I take issue with the manner in which the help is dealt out. People criticise you for your abrupt manner and I try to ignore this because you are generally correct. But actually insulting a forum member? That I do not agree with at all.

I don't write manuals and tutorials because I do not consider myself to be an expert in the game. But I still offer advice here and there and for the most part, it is correct. But then nobody is perfect. It is a shame that people are remembered for the negative aspects.

However, I have no wish to continue this juvenile argument about who is more right than someone else. I will not be posting more on this topic, and I will make it a point to always stay censored on your support topics.

mvsmith

If you have an issue with that, I would prefer you kept your 'remarks' to PMs, or not at all.

That coward’s dodge will not work. You have no compunction about attacking me publicly over the way I do my job. You cannot expect a courtesy that you don’t extend to others.

McGherkin

• Forum member

I retracted my courtesy when you insulted me.

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

I must agree with you Shane...its kind of inappropriate of you Marty. You can't act like that just because your a moderator...he's trying to help and you should be thankful...and i cannot disagree with McG...
Regards,
Jonah
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines