Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:34:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red eagle - White Screen off death  (Read 1279 times)

cdfwalkz

• Forum member
Red eagle - White Screen off death
« on: March 08, 2010, 21:04:14 »

Hi,
When I go to play any of the red eagle missions all I get is a white screen, and have to restart ship sim 08. This only happens on these mission, of which I downloaded from the ship yard

Any suggestions

mvsmith

Re: Red eagle - White Screen off death
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 22:54:42 »

Hi cdfwalkz,
Welcome to the forum.
First, you must register your serial key for SS 2008 in your profile to get access to the Missions board where you should ask questions about missions by following this procedure:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,13994.0.html

Give as much information as possible about a specific mission. You should also post your DxDiag here.
Your dxdiag can be obtained by following these instructions:

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

You can then post your reply with the file attached.

Also, please post the version and build number of SS 2008 that appears in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen when you start SS.

Regards,
Marty

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 23:00:37 by mvsmith »

cdfwalkz

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 19:46:32 »

Hi Marty,
I have registered my serial number. The missions in question are the the red eagle missions which are downloaded with the ship from the shipyard(www.shipsim.com).
My current build of ss08 is 1.4.2 and DX Diag is attached

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 20:52:48 »

Hi cdfwalkz,

A few users have trouble with Packs from the Shipyard. In some cases the problem is cured by simply downloading and installing the pack again.

It is important to first save the pack to your desktop, or wherever, and then install by double-clicking it. There is some evidence that clicking Run does not always result in a good installation.

If you want to uninstall a pack, you can run the installer with all boxes un-checked.

Regards,
Marty

By “white screen”, do you mean a totally white screen filling the entire monitor?
When you get it, try reducing it to the taskbar via the Windows button or Alt+Tab, and then clicking the QuestViewer button on the task bar. Let me know what happens.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 21:45:02 by mvsmith »

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 03:10:26 »

Hi,
When I go to play any of the red eagle missions all I get is a white screen, and have to restart ship sim 08. This only happens on these mission, of which I downloaded from the ship yard

Any suggestions
at least you have the red eagle missions. :( i dont have any red eagle missions :'(     so i tried to reinstall the game but never woks :( (i 've reinstall the game about 5 times because i had no red eagle missions) i am sure that something is wrong with my ship sim 08  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines