Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:30:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Overpowered tugboat  (Read 4656 times)

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
Overpowered tugboat
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:24:39 »

Hi, I found that you can make fire come from the stacks on the pushboat, and tugboat. if you do not belive me here's some photos
hello :D

cptnchris

• Forum member
Re: Overpowered tugboat
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:30:19 »

Are you sure........  :-\

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:16:42 »

yea they're easter eggs

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:17:01 »

Never heard about them, but now I have!  :thumbs:

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:02:50 »

NorthStar,
Please do not start topics in the Ship Simulator 2008 root that should go elsewhere. I asked you to follow the posting rules:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,11578.0.html

I’ll move this topic one more time, but if you persist, your topics will be removed without warning.
The subject of cheats and Easter eggs has been covered at length on other boards, and is well known to most members.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:08:13 by mvsmith »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:39:07 »

is well known to most members.

that's about it really, the search button is a wonderful thing. And let me guess, you had to get the cheat for the flames somewhere...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:40:47 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 16:20:20 »

Dear Mvsmith, I am getting tierd of this moving thing. do not think I do not know that you enforce the rule, and I am sorry for that, but to me it just seemed like this was the place for this desscussion. Thus I will not ever participate in this fourm again, because I do not want you to go though this trouble. so I am just going to quit this fourm, for lake of knowlage, goodbye everyone.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 16:41:44 »

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,11578.msg136934.html#msg136934
There is no need to get so upset NorthStar-Eble guy, If you check this post you will see that Marty is perfectly correct to move your posts. If you are unhappy then it is only because you actually posted in the wrong place. There is no necessity to get upset when help such as this is offered, you should be happy that somebody cares. :doh:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 16:47:02 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 20:40:20 »

Okay, I will not quit ;D. and I do say well said Angus

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 20:41:59 »

how do I become a global moderator

Wave Music

• Forum member
keep it gnarly

mvsmith

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 20:54:20 »

how do I become a global moderator

By moving a lot of posts.
Regards,
Marty

John Carter

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 21:15:56 »

There is no need to get so upset NorthStar-Eble guy, If you check this post you will see that Marty is perfectly correct to move your posts. If you are unhappy then it is only because you actually posted in the wrong place. There is no necessity to get upset when help such as this is offered, you should be happy that somebody cares. :doh:
i agree it may be perfectly correct, according to the rules, to move posts, but it would be better to encourage new members of ship sim, not poo on them from a height.
surely, we want to keep new members, not drive them away.

- Edited for language. Mad_Fred
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 21:47:50 by Mad_Fred »
Bad Boy BFC

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 21:59:14 »

Just a note here..

Moving a post to a board that is more relevant, in order to keep the forum tidy, is just a normal procedure, and it does not diminish the topic in question at all.

Once new members are familiar with the posting guidelines, they usually don't post in the wrong place anymore, but it happens when people are new. And it's no problem at all. We've all been new at one point and unfamiliar with the way of things.

But then it should also not be a problem, when we just do our jobs, and put them in the place they belong. The topic can just continue there, anyway.  

The encouragement is right there, as I see it. Since the moving of the topic and the linking to the guidelines is help, meant to get a new member familiar with the way of things, is it not?  I don't see where poo comes into it, to be honest, and find that a bit unfair. If one does not listen, then we have at least done our best. And that's not woth such a remark I think.

If the guidelines are ignored and one posts in the wrong board after having been helped and pointed towards the rules already, should we then also ignore our task of keeping the forum clean? I hope not.. It would get messy :-\

Damned if we do, damned if we don't, sometimes.. it seems.

Kind Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 22:00:45 by Mad_Fred »

mvsmith

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 22:09:43 »

John, in what way did I poo on NorthStar? This was his third topic posted in the root today. In both prior topics I informed him of the posting rules and asked him please not to post in the root. He ignored both requests.

He was not driven from the forum. He chose to leave rather than pay attention to rules intended to keep the forum organized, hence useful, hence an attractive place.

We try to instruct users on the correct way to use this forum, and there are bold blue topics to guide them. However, many never bother to read the instructions or heed requests until it is necessary to get their attention.

Many simply post wherever they please and leave it to the moderators to sort it. Who is really being pooed upon?

John Carter

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 22:45:21 »

NorthStar,
I’ll move this topic one more time, but if you persist, your topics will be removed without warning.

this is not the most encouraging remark i have seen made to new forum members.

how about something like : welcome to the forum, did you know the best place for this post is .........
i'll help you by moving it there.

now that is much more friendly.
Bad Boy BFC

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 22:56:53 »

Did you not see him welcoming the guy to the forum in his other topic?

And even so, then it is still not 'defecating' on someone, if he simply states the rules and points to the guildelines..

I think you have overstepped the line, kind Sir. And I would like you to leave it at that, closing off this line of discussion so that we don't have to close off the whole topic.

If you wish to criticise a staff member, you can do so by sending me a pm. As per the forum rules. Which you kindly ignore by argueing with staff, proving my point once more. You can't hold us responsible for posting rules as reminders, if you people don't follow them. And after so much time of doing that, it gets annoying on some days, and then maybe our messages are not super cheery. We're just human too, you know.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

* edit - typo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 22:59:28 by Mad_Fred »

John Carter

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 23:13:57 »

thank you for your kind words fred. my point has been made. i will not comment further, as it will not be productive.

best regards ....... jc
Bad Boy BFC

Ozy783

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 00:16:39 »

Oh Yeah, I got those on the Little Yellow Pilot boat :)
Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2006: Official Addon
Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes & All DLC

My PC:
AMD Athlon x4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 (Approx. Total Memory: 2423MB)

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 15:27:19 »

there are many *ahem* hidden features for Pioneer. A little delving will reveal them...

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 23:09:08 »

Okay, those moderator requirements pretty much rule me out! ;D ecsecpt the Ship simulator Ethusiest! :lol:

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 23:15:06 »

John, in what way did I poo on NorthStar? This was his third topic posted in the root today. In both prior topics I informed him of the posting rules and asked him please not to post in the root. He ignored both requests.

He was not driven from the forum. He chose to leave rather than pay attention to rules intended to keep the forum organized, hence useful, hence an attractive place.

We try to instruct users on the correct way to use this forum, and there are bold blue topics to guide them. However, many never bother to read the instructions or heed requests until it is necessary to get their attention.

Many simply post wherever they please and leave it to the moderators to sort it. Who is really being pooed upon?

I happened three times! I am ever so sorry, but I did not post more than one of this  topic. There must have been a problem with the internet at the time, or a glitch on the internet. I did not post this same topic three time, sorry for my dumb internet connection.
reguards,
NorthStar

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 12:37:11 »

Okay, those moderator requirements pretty much rule me out! ;D ecsecpt the Ship simulator Ethusiest! :lol:

I meet all those requirements except previous moderation experience, but there are two more I think should be added.

1. You can be on the forum for at least 6 hours a day, most days.

2. you need a brilliant understanding of computers and software.

mvsmith

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 14:17:12 »

I happened three times! I am ever so sorry, but I did not post more than one of this  topic. There must have been a problem with the internet at the time, or a glitch on the internet. I did not post this same topic three time, sorry for my dumb internet connection.
reguards,
NorthStar

Hi NorthStar-Eble  guy,

You did not post the same topic three times. You posted three different topics in the Ship Simulator 2008 root:
“Overpowered tugboat”
“Is The S. S. Furie a good ship to buy?”
“North star is a shrimper? a Crabber? A fisher?......”

I know that, for a new user, knowing where to post can be confusing. Even long-time members often can’t understand, or just don’t care. That is why there are bold blue topics at the top of most boards to explain where and how to post. I recommend that you read these to avoid problems in the future.

Most boards, like this one and “Small talk” are chat boards with few restrictions. I don’t much care what goes on in them.

However, certain boards such as “Technical support”, “Missions”, and “Development corner > Mission Creation” are serious support boards where members look for solutions to problems they have. In order that those boards be useful and as easy to use as possible, they need to be kept free of irrelevant posts.

Unfortunately, some irresponsible long-time users can’t understand the distinction between the two types. They often foul the support boards with irrelevant, unhelpful, erroneous, often insipid comments. This does a disservice to other users.

The Ship Simulator 2008 root is a support board because it is where questions about the demo can be asked, and where users, or potential purchasers, who have not registered can ask for help or information about SS 2008. For this reason, other topics are routinely moved to a more appropriate board. When that is done, a reason is given along with a reminder about the posting rules.

It is unfortunate that this incident was overblown by the meddling of someone who occasionally comes out of the woodwork to engage in sniping from the sidelines.
I hope you find the rest of your forum experience more pleasant.

Regards,
Marty

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 00:03:06 »

sorry, Marty. I am not a good oganizer, but I just belived that this was the right place for it. unfortunetly I am a idiot, so I can not organize my topics, and I am sorry for annoying you with my useless posts.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines