Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 07:54:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268751 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2007, 09:06:55 »

So DJM, in this quote you said it was an initial release date.

The 17th August was an initial release date, meeting targets with game development isn't an exact science unfortunately.  The 2 weeks approximation was exactly that, nothing more.  Unfortunately it seems that some people have assumed it was an exact date, this is not and never was, the case :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2007, 09:07:09 »

i should know it, again delayed.... well, i don't wait for a patch anymore

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2007, 09:09:22 »

The 17th August was an initial release date, meeting targets with game development isn't an exact science unfortunately.  The 2 weeks approximation was exactly that, nothing more.  Unfortunately it seems that some people have assumed it was an exact date, this is not and never was, the case :)

Regards.

DJM.

Thank you DJM but I can see that the original 17th of august was a release date (official) but greonnegaard says EVERYTHING in the FAQ is estimate so what i'm saying two mods are saying two different things. That's what I don't get.

Jackal

• Forum member
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2007, 09:15:48 »

Keep up moaning and talking again and again about the not-yet-released-patch guys! By the time you're finished, I'm sure it will be out.  ;D
Ciao,

Corrado

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:19 »

;D

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #380 on: August 31, 2007, 09:18:44 »

Keep up moaning and talking again and again about the not-yet-released-patch guys! By the time you're finished, I'm sure it will be out.  ;D
Ciao,

Corrado

I think I will thank you very much.

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #381 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21:25 »

I agree with Jackal. Go play something else, like bioshock or ports of call. I have a idea.  people so dont have a girl friends get one. then u have a lot stuff  do when u are waiting for the patch. :) i am sure the patch are coming 2 christmas. :D

Aaron1927

• Forum member
« Reply #382 on: August 31, 2007, 09:23:53 »

Does anyone know roughly how many mb the patch will be eg.  between 20mb - 70mb or something like 1.5GB - 4GB as it could take days for my computer to download.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #383 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:30 »

Thank you DJM but I can see that the original 17th of august was a release date (official) but greonnegaard says EVERYTHING in the FAQ is estimate so what i'm saying two mods are saying two different things. That's what I don't get.

It's all about wording, we are in fact saying exactly the same thing ;)

The initial date was over-run because of unforseen problems (it may have been official, but as previously stated, nothing is an exact science), the new approximated date was stated to allow the Developers time to fine-tune the patch.

If I can quote from the FAQ's:

Small error patch

The 17th of August a patch should be released fixing a lot of bugs.

Save game

In a future patch the savegame will be introduced. In other words, from then on you will be able to save your progress. It is not clear yet in which patch it is going to be included.

Hovercraft and Jet Ski

The Hovercraft and Jet Ski will be introduced in a free patch. Date: unknown.

Sinking ships

The ability to sink ships will probably be introduced in the next patch (17th of August)

Now, take a look at the underlined parts (which I have highlighted for one reason), see the obvious statements here?  Some of the features we will see in this patch weren't planned for this patch, so we are getting more than we actually expected and no definite date was set for features that were initially to be included.  It's all good in my personal opinion ;)

I hope this explains the issue further :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #384 on: August 31, 2007, 09:29:45 »

So you and groennegaard ARE saying the same thing but with other wording ok. I was confused that's all.

Thanks ;)

Shipaddict

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #385 on: August 31, 2007, 09:31:04 »

So you and groennegaard ARE saying the same thing but with other wording ok. I was confused that's all.

Thanks ;)

Shipaddict

No problem. it's all just different use of phrases/words anyway ;)

The patch will be worth the wait as we've said on many occasions :D

Regards.

DJM.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2007, 09:31:30 »

Yes it will be worth the wait.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2007, 09:50:32 »

now i know what the patch will be at the end of this year

Gertjan

« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:02 »

WTF! delayed again!!!

Do you need more testing again? Why dont you just release it, if it still has bugs you could allways release another patch afterwards fixing it. Its no shame, EA does it all the time, but it keeps their customers HAPPY and PLAYING!

I havent played for over a week now cause the bugs are driving me nuts!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2007, 10:07:55 »

WTF! delayed again!!!

Do you need more testing again? Why dont you just release it, if it still has bugs you could allways release another patch afterwards fixing it. Its no shame, EA does it all the time, but it keeps their customers HAPPY and PLAYING!

I havent played for over a week now cause the bugs are driving me nuts!

Ok, how many members would be upset with a faulty patch?  A lot I would imagine, Vstep want this to be right, so the delay is necessary :)

Regards.

DJM.

captain_Adam

• Forum member
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2007, 10:13:11 »

Ok....so the patch is deleyed 2 weeks from now (31st August) so that means it may be done on the 14th September or does it mean that on the 17th August it would be 2 weeks from then so that means it should be out today some time, correct ?
Shipsim08....

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2007, 10:14:59 »

Ok....so the patch is deleyed 2 weeks from now (31st August) so that means it may be done on the 14th September or does it mean that on the 17th August it would be 2 weeks from then so that means it should be out today some time, correct ?

The patch was delayed on 17th August for 2 weeks, it is now delayed until possibly next week :)

Regards.

DJM.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2007, 10:18:45 »

The patch was delayed on 17th August for 2 weeks, it is now delayed until possibly next week :)

Regards.

DJM.

Does possible mean that it MIGHT be out before then? ;D

Regarding what Gertjan said:

People do want a bug free patch but maybe to somepeople so much waiting could put them off shipsim. So in someways maybe VSTEP will possibly lose customers. (Doubt it though)

Just a thought and opinion. ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2007, 10:23:58 »

I'd like to quote from Pjotr's original post from yesterday:

Where did people get the idea that we were releasing the patch on aug 31?
In earlier posts we stated we met some unexpected bugs, so things were all delayed until further notice.
We now fixed this bug, finally. Tomorrow we will first make a Gold Master for the Benelux market.
Then we'll work on the 1.1 patch, but that needs to be tested as well for at least a few days.
So my current best estimate for the patch release is some time next week.
We don't want to give out specific dates any more because we don't know what comes up from the patch testing...
Trust me, we just want to do it as soon as possible, as there are many more things we need to work on, like multiplayer, an add-on pack with 2 historic tugs, other language versions of the game, a subscription service for new vessels, the patch for the old add-on pack, a professional training version of the game (mini bridge sim), etc.

I've highlighted the most relevant part in bold ;)

All opinions are appreciated of course, but I would like to offer a more objective look at this situation:

It's a patch.  Nobody's life is at risk from a delay.  Asking Vstep to release an incomplete/faulty patch will not solve the problem, I believe it would make things worse.

Just my own personal opinion of course ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2007, 10:27:37 »

yup, we all have different opinions ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:08 »

yup, we all have different opinions ;)

Indeed we do, that's what makes us all individual ;)

Gertjan

« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2007, 10:29:44 »

I dont think that many people would be upset, like i said EA does it all the time and do you hear people complaining there?

And its a bugfix, so a lot of bugs should be fixed right? if not those that are left could allways be fixed ion another update.

I like the system valve uses, Steam updates are releaae on a weekly basis, every time fixing minor bugs.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2007, 10:33:44 »

I dont think that many people would be upset, like i said EA does it all the time and do you hear people complaining there?

And its a bugfix, so a lot of bugs should be fixed right? if not those that are left could allways be fixed ion another update.

I like the system valve uses, Steam updates are releaae on a weekly basis, every time fixing minor bugs.

I can see your point of view of course and we do understand that some members will be upset with a further delay.

I remember the fuss that a certain patch release caused last year (for a game I won't mention, but it's not Ship Simulator ;)), everything is not as simple as it may first appear, wouldn't you agree?

I personally believe Vstep are doing the right thing :)

Regards.

DJM.

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2007, 10:37:58 »

I have to say, i dont get why people are getting so stressed about this...it's patch for a game for goodness sake, it's not a blood transfusion, or donor patient that has not turned up,it's not the bank ringing to tell you you cant have your mortage after all & so your purchase falls through, or the garage telling you your car will be in the workshop for another two weeks, it's not going to ruin your day, it's patch to improve a GAME nothing to do with real life...'worse things happen sea' ;) (and they really do!)

So just chill & wait for the patch, it will improve a sim which is already great, it will be worth the wait. 8)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

Parsec

• Forum member
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2007, 10:39:56 »

Hmmm... the patch has been delayed, and that has resulted in quite a few frustrated owners of the game judging by the posts on this forum. What I personally think VSTEP should have done, was to make the released game free of bugs with a first patch, then added more features in later patches. Now, it seems like VSTEP have opted to add quite a few new features in the first upcoming patch, which will be good as long as they don't introduce more bugs.

I hope that VSTEP have expanded their line-up of betatesters, to cover more technical specifications of computers and get more feedback on things. I've understood from posts on this forum that several of the betatesters didn't have problems that have occured for others, eg. sinking ships.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines