Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 23:12:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ship sim pro, has more ships... will they ever be available to the public?  (Read 6051 times)

02ian

• Forum member

ship sim pro, has more ships... will they ever be available to the public?

i mean the ships are there already built, in the pro version, so what is stopping them from at least being put on the shipyard

its not like 9 new ships and one new environment (according the the proffisional site) can be enough to account for the extra £2700 odd quid professional costs, compared to 08... or are we gonna see these ships come out in the extreme version?

on another note are the furie and elbe being included in extreme cause we didn't get them in the english version?

does anyone know the score about this?
regards
02ian

02ian

• Forum member

#wonders who would pay £2700 for sim game in the public market# least they could do is release it as another add on pack for a more reasonable price like £20

TerryRussell

They are not compatible. You can't drop a ship from one game into the other.

Well, you can, but it won't work. The game simply won't see it or use it.

02ian

• Forum member

out of curiosity what is it about the game which makes them so different and incompatible, since both pieces of software are shipsim... i would have thought they shared common assests and coding in some places (especially where shipsim & pro both share certain vessels... wouldn't it be more logical for the vessels to be common assest so they only needed to be built and coded once, and then just both games designed to read that type of asset... what is it about the ones in pro... that makes them incompatable? (out of curiosity more than anything else)

TJK

HI
The ship simulator pro ARE not a game, it's a training professional  simulator for professional  marine schools to train sea man 
TJK

02ian

• Forum member

i'm not talking about the actual play modes and functions, just the ship assets them selves,

(and i have to say that looking at the videos there it looked pretty fun to me, mind you i also thought the lock and emergency training sims looked pretty fun)

McGherkin

• Forum member

It's all about simulator complexity. SS Pro is more accurate than SS08, but people buying it won't buy it if it hasn't got more ships than a €19 game. So Vstep won't put SS Pro ships on SS 08 for the sake of exclusivity.
Almost never here, try here.

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member

And also, its not just that it has 9 more ships and one other environment that it is so expensive. It has many features , such as the bridge editor, Instructors post, actual consoles, etc, etc. It also has much better graphics and dynamics, if you've ever seen the trailer.
Regards,
Jonah

McGherkin

• Forum member

Plus, when you buy SS Pro, you get the computer to run it...

Wave Music

• Forum member

ship sim pro, has more ships... will they ever be available to the public?

i mean the ships are there already built, in the pro version, so what is stopping them from at least being put on the shipyard

Yeah, why not just someone put them all on the Shipyard in his lunch break, eh?  ;D

But I quite agree with the idea of including Elbe & Furie in the next SS.  Regarding the currency exchange rate, to pay for one ship almost the same amount of money as for the game itself in the local shop here will be kinda... 
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member

Because Pjotr will quite possibly kill them. Then sack them.

saltydog

• Forum member

I think the price for the Elbe and Furie is reasonable, especially when you consider that half that money goes to upkeep and maintenance of these ships..Money well spent I'd say.. ;)

TerryRussell

i'm not talking about the actual play modes and functions, just the ship assets them selves,

(and i have to say that looking at the videos there it looked pretty fun to me, mind you i also thought the lock and emergency training sims looked pretty fun)

Please read what I said above. Although they both have "Ship Simulator" in the title, the similarity ends there.

It is like saying, "Why can't I run Windows 7 media player files in my Windows for Workgroups?". They aren't compatible, they won't work, the underlying systems are completely alien to each other, blah, blah, blah.

Plus, when you buy SS Pro, you get the computer to run it...

Where did you read that? I'm very interested to know...

02ian

• Forum member

yeah, well i suppose exclusivitivity makes sense even if its annoying...

as for the other features pro has

- don't need -

and thats what i was getting at... the price of pro isn't really contributed to by a few ships which retail about £5 each, so wheres the harm in releasing them as an expansion to the rest of us who for the most part can't afford over 2 grand on a single piece of software

surley they would genrate more money by selling a £20 expansion to all the ship sim users (41367 members on the forums) if every forum member bought one they would have to sell about 300 copies of pro to make up the difference, even if they are selling stands and bridge mockups and all of that, it seems to me that the market for cheaper retail versions is just as good as the one for proffession versions

granted i ain't an accountant... i don't know how big the market is for training simulations, but vstep could still make a pretty penny selling off 9 ships that are already mostly built, (at least in terms of 3d models, if the code need modifiying), especially if they just did it over the web, cause it'd be practically no cost other than bandwidth

since the vessels look so similar i was thinking that at least the 3d models were the same, even if the coding wasn't if that isn't the case i apologise

well thats my argument for the realease of them over...
maybe by the time i get a computer that can run ship sim there will be a few more ships out lol

oh the one that comes with the computer was the console one
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 18:59:27 by 02ian »

Captain Darling

• Forum member

Could it ever occur to some that companies might have paid for VSTEP to add their vessels into the Ship Simulator Pro? And there may be agreements, that stops VSTEP from putting them in the game version.

Perhaps, companies paid VSTEP to create models of their ships for training, not to be sunk deliberately in the game version and put onto youtube..

Just my two cents...
Regards,
James

02ian

• Forum member

as to the elbe and the furie... i wouldn't mind paying a few more quid on the box price for the sake of 2 more ships. but i'd rather they were there from the start, rather than buying more stuff on top

large companys just don't know how to have fun  ;)

McGherkin

• Forum member

SS Pro Website:
The Ship Simulator Professional console includes:

Ship Simulator Professional Software (One user license)
PC with sufficient specifications
Console casing for controls and navigation panels
Steering wheel
Double engine controller
3x 42" LCD TV screens
3x Stands for 42" LCD TV screens
2x 19" integrated LCD screens
Integrated speakers
12 month warranty on software and hardware
 Installation assistance & support
If you are interested in learning more about the Ship Simulator Professional console, please contact us at info@shipsimpro.com.

If you're going to get SS Pro, you kind of need to have the console, for realism's sake.

02ian

• Forum member

i imagine that lot costs a fortune since no price was mentioned on the site

TerryRussell

Quote from: TerryRussell on Today at 18:47:34

SS Pro Website:

Huh, I didn't get one....

02ian

• Forum member

it only comes with a pc if you buy one of the consoles or bridge mocks ups

McGherkin

• Forum member

Like I said, a professional company would probably fork out for the console
for realism's sake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines