Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 19:48:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to meet specifications with a new laptop  (Read 18223 times)

Master Captain

• Forum member
Re: Trying to meet specifications with a new laptop
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:04 »

this confuses me, you continue to multiply all the cores together when even on intel's website its not listed like that...

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 01:37:06 »

That's your problem, not mine. Go sort it out or something, because I'm not doing anything about a problem that isn't mine in the first place.
Back at last. Extremes all the way!

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 01:38:11 »

Were just trying to correct you...if the processor is a 3 GHz processor and its a quad core it doesn't make it a 12GHz processor...its just not how it works

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 01:38:55 »

i agree with matt, and how can i fix something on intel's website when its the format we are all used to?

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 01:40:12 »

Well this is the first time I've ever heard/seen anybody refer to a processor power that way. In all my life it has always been the same. Even my techno wiz computer building brother always says the power in the maximum combined form.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 01:42:01 »

Well apparently hes not a wiz because any idiot would know that you don't multiply it by the amount of cores

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 01:43:01 »

it just doesn't make sense.... Computers hardly ever run at full capacity and when they do they become sluggish, and if they're at maximum capacity it means they're working quite hard. Makes more sense to tell you how fast a single core is not the whole thing.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member

Thanks TJK!

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 01:45:15 »

I don't think so. I find it easier to know the full power of the processor so I can bear in mind how many of the cores and how much power would be used straight off with less maths... Every forum I've ever been on, bar this one, every member has stated their processor power the way I have here.

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 01:45:58 »

Who said anything about the I-7 being 12.8 Ghz?

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:00 »

upload your dxdiag and we'll see how they state the processor speed

Well obviously you did its a quad core running at 3.2 GHz so that MUST be 12.8 in your mind

Thanks TJK!

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:42 »

could you guys just let it go? I agree that MC and Matt are right about it and so do many other. So what if someones doesn't agree? Just let him have his own opinion on it. You've tried, but it's not changing his mind, so there's nothing more that can be done, both parts have proven their point and further arguing wont get you any longer.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 01:48:41 »

alright how about this, here is my dxdiag. I have an intel core 2 duo running at 2.5ghz and no where does it say i have a 5ghz processor

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 01:49:19 »

could you guys just let it go? I agree that MC and Matt are right about it and so do many other. So what if someones doesn't agree? Just let him have his own opinion on it. You've tried, but it's not changing his mind, so there's nothing more that can be done, both parts have proven their point and further arguing wont get you any longer.

Agreed  :)

And Right-O Keane

Thanks TJK!

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 01:51:04 »

Thank God for that! Firestar has already pointed out how useless this is and I think you've matched him. I'm very easily aggrevated - if I'm in an arguement I'm determined not to lose it, even if there are xx times me on the 'other side'. My nature I suppose.
@Master Captain: Could be because of single core usage... Still, I get some programs which tell me exactly that in their system evaluation - but they don't actually pick up the second core in the first place.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 01:55:27 »

what?? it says right in the dxdiag i'm using a dual core processor look
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

The intel core 2 duo is a dual core processor, if you dont believe me go look it up on intel's website

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 01:57:40 »

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7400  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) Made it bigger in case you couldnt see it  ;)

Thanks TJK!

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:47 »

I kinda saw it... But I mean sometimes you don't get the power of both displayed, you get 'Dual Core' and only the power of 1 core. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes you get 'Dual core' and the combined power. Sometimes you don't get 'Dual core' and the power of 1 core. It depends what diag program you use, DxDiag being the most common I guess, giving you the results you posted.
e.g. I have a simulation game which sees both of my cores and displays their combined power. Another game I have, a racing game, is an older one so only sips power from one core, and only sees that core.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 02:04:56 »

Is that so....so what your saying is that every computer in the world does it wrong?

Thanks TJK!

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 02:06:56 »

yes, this is the standard thing people use, i have NEVER seen another diagnostic post like dxdiag... ever. Every single one has the processor the same way

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:56 »

I bet even in your dxdiag its like that why dont you check?

Thanks TJK!

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 02:13:44 »

I bet even in your dxdiag its like that why dont you check?
Nope, I've already seen my DxDiag twice today, because two games I installed automatically do a DxDiag on their first run. Yes, it is how you say. But this brings you no further towards 'converting' me in an endless arguement which I thought had finished. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed (1:10 AM local time here) and to be honest I can't see why you're still trying to prove your point after TWO forum members have tried to intervene and get us to stop. Now, to put it quite bluntly, you shut up, and so will I. But then again, if you keep going on, you just make me more agitated, and then I will explode. (or I'll just ignore you and you'll get very bored of getting no replies) Which unless I do privately, will end up in me getting banned. And you can blame a bad history of parenting on my father's side for my impertinent, annoying, short fused nature. I'm now subject to it myself, and I pray that it stops with me.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 02:16:37 »

ok well just post your dxdiag so we can see. Also we're not realy interested in your life story about parenting and such, and i will keep going until i feel i'm finished

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 02:16:57 »

Good Night  :)  ::)

Thanks TJK!

jammydodger

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 02:19:34 »

ok well just post your dxdiag so we can see. Also we're not realy interested in your life story about parenting and such, and i will keep going until i feel i'm finished
Life story? Oh, you want more?
And what don't you understand? I said that my DxDiags BOTH said the processor power the way YOU say it! What the hell do you want now? You are not going to like what I say if you get on the wrong end of me. That's no threat, that's a damned fact.
To be honest, I think it's quite SAD that you are continuing your little campaing to 'convert' me. It really makes me wonder if you have NOTHING better to do in your life than play silly little arguements on forums. Get a grip, lad!
GOOD <insert 'something' here> NIGHT!
P.S. Thank you Capt Matt! I pronounce you sane.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines