Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:21:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship simulator on Google Earth  (Read 10692 times)

Grasort

• Forum member
Ship simulator on Google Earth
« on: November 27, 2009, 19:45:00 »

Anyone seen this already? See link; http://www.planetinaction.com/ships.htm

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 18:01:03 by Grasort »

Eelkon

Re: Ship simulator on Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 22:49:04 »

Is dat de terschelling op je plaatje ?

matt5674

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 01:04:11 »

VSTEP kinda fiddled around with Google Earth to make some of the port maps in th bridge of Ocean Star. Som of the maps are upside down in the bridge.

Grasort

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 20:42:54 »

Ik dacht het wel ja (al een oud fotootje). Maar het kan ook zijn dat dit de Rotterdam is, dat weet ik niet meer. Die komt hier wel vaker in de buurt. Die gaat bij Stellendam door de sluis, de grote plas op.

Ik heb even gezocht, maar precies deze foto heb ik niet meer op m'n computer. Nog wel andere van de Rotterdam en de Terschelling.

Eelkon

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:12 »

De terschelling ligt hier best wel vaak in harlingen,een klasgenoot zn pa werkt erop ;)

firestar12

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 01:54:20 »

Anyone seen this already? See link; http://www.planetinaction.com/ships.htm
That's fun.
Chose a ship and sail it around in Google Earth. Maybe VSTEP can also interact with Google Earth? You then might be able to sail your own favorite ship from VSTEP in waters that you are actually familliar with in real life, anywhere on the planet - or get to sail anywhere you want, and then see the actual real surroundings etc. That's like a real trip.
Maybe VSTEP could make it possible to download an environment this way from Google Earth, any you want, and place it in the Ship Simulator Mission Editor or such.
Well think of it what you like.
Maybe it's another idea amoung just so many others.
Anyway, I had fun with this - even though screen quality is less than from VSTEP.
I have added this to my collection of Ship Sim 2006&Add-on and Ship Sim 2008 New Horizons.
I'm also waiting for the new Ship Sim 2010 - I would like to have Ship Sim Pro - but that would prove financially impossible...
Have fun everyone!
I sure hope no one minds me posting here, but since you posted it in English, I can't help but give my 2 cents.
 If VSTEP were to do that, then it wouldn't exactly be the same "simulator". If they were to do that, ShipSim wouldn't exactly be known for it's realism. There'd also be an infinite amount of model work to do, the world is a huge place. This would also breach the EULA, since Google Earth is free software, and ShipSim isn't, it would make things much easier to distribute, and as far as I know, Google Earth only knows how to view ".kmz" model files, which you can easily convert to a Collada file, and import and modify, meaning more copyright issues. It is however, an interesting idea, nevertheless. :)

Rough Translation to Dutch:

Ik hoop dat niemand me geesten posting hier, maar omdat je op de hoogte dat in het Engels, ik kan het niet helpen, maar geef mijn 2 cent.
 Als VSTEP waren om dat te doen, dan is het niet precies hetzelfde zou zijn "simulator". Als ze dat doen, zou ShipSim niet precies bekend om zijn realisme. Er zou ook een oneindige hoeveelheid van het model werk te doen, de wereld is een grote plaats. Dit zou ook inbreuk op de EULA, aangezien Google Earth is gratis software en ShipSim niet is, zou het er allemaal veel gemakkelijker te verspreiden, en voor zover ik weet, is Google Earth alleen weet hoe te bekijken ". Kmz" model bestanden, die u gemakkelijk kunt converteren naar een Collada bestand, importeren en wijzigen, betekenis meer auteursrecht. Het is echter een interessant idee, maar toch. :)

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 02:23:06 »

Its very hard to play that game, lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines