Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 05:44:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Quest3D SDK to create ships for ShipSim 2006  (Read 7132 times)

alni

• Forum member
Using Quest3D SDK to create ships for ShipSim 2006
« on: August 09, 2007, 14:21:08 »

Can I use the Quest3D SDK to create my own ships for ShipSim 2006? Or is it illegal?

alni

• Forum member
Re: Using Quest3D SDK to create ships for ShipSim 2006
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:40:56 »

Can someone please answer me?

saken41

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:27:22 »

I don't know :(, ask the developers ;).

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 09:28:52 »

Hiya :)

If no-one responds, it may be the case that no-one has an answer for you unfortunately.  I personally don't use SDK's at all, so I cannot assist you with this either, sorry.

As far as the legal aspect is concerned, I personally wouldn't like to say on that.  It may be that only a developer could answer that queston for you, it is their software after all :)

My advice has always been, if you have ANY doubts about the legality of something, don't do it.  This advice has served me well for years ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

alni

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 17:31:18 »

I've sent a mail to the developers asking this, now I'll wait for an answer

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 19:54:50 »

I've sent a mail to the developers asking this, now I'll wait for an answer

Good idea :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 23:27:52 »

If I understand correctly (and I've been looking at quest in respect of another project) that questviewer is only a very basic part of the programme. Much programming needs to be added to turn quest objects from 3d models to ships.

This is the reason, I understand, why the SDK plans were shelved. If it were that easy vstep would have said "no SDK, but you can use the quest SDK instead..."

EDIT: I must point out that is not a comment from the developers, its only my guess of what they will say.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

alni

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 10:41:00 »

Thanks Stu.
I've only read about the Quest3D SDK on the Quest3D wiki that it contains exporters for some 3d programs

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 14:27:17 »

Thanks Stu.
I've only read about the Quest3D SDK on the Quest3D wiki that it contains exporters for some 3d programs

Yes it does. But you cannot import your 3D model into the Quest 3D editor. Then you would need to have the source files for the game that can be opened in the editor. I'm pretty and quite sure that VSTEP will not give away such files as they probably have a very large value. :D

And by the way, these converters convert to X-files, which is then compiled into another file format that the Quest 3D engine can read. :)

Why do I know all this?... because I got the Quest 3D editor (I was just reading the manual) ;)

alni

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:35:59 »

Yes it does. But you cannot import your 3D model into the Quest 3D editor. Then you would need to have the source files for the game that can be opened in the editor. I'm pretty and quite sure that VSTEP will not give away such files as they probably have a very large value. :D

And by the way, these converters convert to X-files, which is then compiled into another file format that the Quest 3D engine can read. :)

Why do I know all this?... because I got the Quest 3D editor (I was just reading the manual) ;)

okey, thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines