Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:28:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why wont it work?  (Read 1683 times)

Titanic13

• Forum member
Why wont it work?
« on: October 10, 2009, 23:16:13 »

when ever i click my titanic model it doesnt show the whole ship. Why?

Wave Music

• Forum member
Re: Why wont it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 23:28:41 »

Could you tell us some more & clear about your problem, please?

I'd suggest you to register your license keys here in your Profile, then you can get quality tech. support (if you're about that).

Also, at present time your problem doesn't sound like it's related to Multiplayer.
keep it gnarly

Titanic13

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 23:32:11 »

sorry :( i must of put it in the wrong section. anyways, when i click on the titanic it doesnt show any buildings,funnels or benches. all it has is the body :(

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 23:45:32 »

Hi WM,

This, as you know, is almost always caused by insufficient available memory. However it would be nice to know the exact circumstances. For instance, in a mission like T2, Titanic can look OK until it jumps to another environment. It might then disappear completely because the former environment is still using memory and there is not enough left to draw Titanic.
It is more likely, in his case, that his system is not adequate to handle a high-poly object like Titanic.
Even on a good system, lifeboats, benches, etc. tend to become mere shadows when you zoom out.
Regards,
Marty

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 23:48:09 »

Had the same problem with my old laptop - its to do with your computer.
Either the processor is too slow, memory being too low or the graphics card is too old/requires software update.

I'll wait until the topic goes into the technical section before i post anymore  ;)
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Titanic13

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 23:57:42 »

i have moved it to General Discussions. It is caled RE:why wont it work

just to let you know

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 00:05:06 »

Titanic13, I think it would be better for you (& for us) to leave your problem for a while. When Fred will get sorted your license key problem, then you'll get tech. support.

To avoid the mess with topics here's something for your reading pleasure.
keep it gnarly

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 01:13:00 »

i have moved it to General Discussions. It is caled RE:why wont it work

just to let you know

Hi Titanic13,

I removed that duplicate topic, since that would only be a new empty one anyway, and moved this whole topic to GE instead.  :thumbs:

Your problem with the Titanic is probably a graphics issue. Maybe you are below specs, or it could be you should update drivers, etc.

But, that would be a Technical Support issue. Let's first deal with the license key problem. Once that is fixed, you can acces the Tech Support section, where we shall then look at your problem again!

I replied in your other topic, about that problem with the key. 

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines