Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 00:07:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1027   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides  (Read 3381034 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides
« Reply #25400 on: November 24, 2014, 08:58:20 »

European Ship Simulator? That name isn't censored or forbidden.  ;)
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm getting a sarcastic vibe from your message.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:27:44 by Mr Robville »

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #25401 on: November 24, 2014, 17:53:33 »

European Ship Simulator? That name isn't censored or forbidden.  ;)
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm getting a sarcastic vibe from your message.

None meant at all Mr Robville. Sorry if it came across that way

ci

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25402 on: November 26, 2014, 20:20:40 »

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/11622550.__240_000_spare_ferry_propeller_blades_stolen/
Ops... Someone might be in trouble... ::)
I seen these blades and they are absolutely huge - they are much bigger than me! Punch one of them and your will lose!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 20:24:12 by Captain Cadet »
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25403 on: November 27, 2014, 08:57:56 »

None meant at all Mr Robville. Sorry if it came across that way

ci

My mistake then! All good  :thumbs:

@CC,
I wonder how they were able to remove it without anyone noticing. Well, perhaps people just thought they were official workers. Best robberies/theft are the ones in plain sight. For instance, here in Rotterdam some week ago, a jewelry store has been robbed with a forklift truck. They used the fork to penetrate the shop window in the middle of the day with loads of people walking past it. They all thought that they were from a construction company going to do maintenance.  :doh:

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25404 on: November 27, 2014, 13:03:31 »

For instance, here in Rotterdam some week ago, a jewelry store has been robbed with a forklift truck. They used the fork to penetrate the shop window in the middle of the day with loads of people walking past it. They all thought that they were from a construction company going to do maintenance.  :doh:

Thats the thing - Turn up with a truck with a hihab crane or a JCB forklift wearing hi-vis, look official and no-one takes any notice.  :doh:

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #25405 on: November 27, 2014, 18:54:17 »

:doh:
What makes it more embarrassing is that they are stored opposite the freight department and there is always someone there - I think customs are based there. Also down the road from there a police station and security is based - security have windows looking at the roads and that's the only exit from there! And people are working moving freight, fixing things and so on till about 2.30 am in the morning! The whole Harbour is covered in CCTV and it's not on it at all!
As I read somewhere one of the workers said it was "bit embarrassing" and that the police are baffled!
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25406 on: December 09, 2014, 18:11:51 »

Sorry for posting here this problem but I HAVE A REALLY HUGE HUGE HUGE PROBLEM and I need some help! I don't have any other account at another site to post something like this. Well the story begins on Sunday! Suddenly I saw my webcam indicator light turned on. I immediatelly rebooted the pc and after a few secs the light turned on again. I did a system restore a couple of days ago and it didn't appeared again... Not more that 30 minutes ago the light turned on again and when I looked at it, it turned off..A few seconds later the exact same thing happened (turned on-when I looked at it, it turned off). Can someone give me an advice? PLEASE!! I know that many of you know a lot about computers! Can it be a virus, a hacker or just a malfunction? I always be careful to what I visit and to what I download... I know the text is really big but, please, give me an advice.
 :'( :'( :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25407 on: December 09, 2014, 18:55:16 »

Sorry for posting here this problem but I HAVE A REALLY HUGE HUGE HUGE PROBLEM and I need some help! I don't have any other account at another site to post something like this. Well the story begins on Sunday! Suddenly I saw my webcam indicator light turned on. I immediatelly rebooted the pc and after a few secs the light turned on again. I did a system restore a couple of days ago and it didn't appeared again... Not more that 30 minutes ago the light turned on again and when I looked at it, it turned off..A few seconds later the exact same thing happened (turned on-when I looked at it, it turned off). Can someone give me an advice? PLEASE!! I know that many of you know a lot about computers! Can it be a virus, a hacker or just a malfunction? I always be careful to what I visit and to what I download... I know the text is really big but, please, give me an advice.
 :'( :'( :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Ok, this could (could - not saying it is) be a hacker - so be careful - best thing to do for now is just to stick something like duck tape or non see through material over it, so they can't see anything. How to find it if it is a bug I don't know I'm afraid.

Here's a news story - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22967622

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25408 on: December 09, 2014, 19:36:00 »

Thanks for your reply mate but I don't think a hacker would only watch me! I read that if you've been hacked then you will receive fake errors or messages from him on your screen... Thankfully (If I can say) the problem is just with the camera and I really don't know what's the main cause. I've watched dozens of videos about how to detect a hacker or a virus and I found out that my pc is safe... And now I've begun wondering if my pc tests the webcam itself or something like this. Can this happen?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25409 on: December 10, 2014, 08:50:42 »

Grab a piece of non-transparent tape, and cover it over your webcam (If you are on a laptop). And if you have an external webcam, always point it towards a wall if you are not using it or unplug it. Hacking webcams is bootcamp exercise for a hacker and not always are these files spotted by antivirus/malware applications.

Remember, they don't always need to film you in particular. If they see an empty living room and know you've left the house they could already have what they want to know. And not every hacker exposes himself by sending fake error messages. If they are after something, they try to stay in the background.

I'm not saying you are hacked, but be aware of it as it is very easy for people to hack those. Keeping the cam covered is always a good practise. Perhaps your webcam is defective, check your model number and see if other people are reporting the same issue with the same model. If no one else reports it, try to remember if you have opened any suspicious emails or downloaded a file from someone whose browsing habits aren't too responsible.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25410 on: December 10, 2014, 14:21:29 »

I turned off the camera from the device manager and I think that everything is ok now. I hust hope that all the other files will remain unaffected...

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25411 on: December 10, 2014, 14:53:14 »

It's still advisable to disable your webcam hardware wise. If one is hacking your webcam he can just as easily turn it on the same way you turned it off. Physically covering your cam overrides any hacking trick since you need to be at the computer in person to remove the cover. No hacker can do that. So until it's covered with a piece of tape, you can never be sure whether or not the webcam is active.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25412 on: December 10, 2014, 16:45:50 »

I updated my pc system and everything is normal...Thanks a lot for all the advice mate!  :thumbs:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25413 on: December 11, 2014, 11:57:20 »

Check this out - http://youtu.be/bnMZXvqOrwM  ;D

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25414 on: December 11, 2014, 14:17:29 »

Check this out - http://youtu.be/bnMZXvqOrwM  ;D

I watched it a couple of days ago and I was amazed!! It's really excellent  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25415 on: December 12, 2014, 17:21:04 »

Best thing is is that its a real Lego set that they sell!  :o

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #25416 on: December 13, 2014, 00:38:48 »

Hey, I actually have that one!  ;D It took three days to build (total build time roughly 12 hours).

Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25417 on: December 13, 2014, 18:49:33 »

Yeah, I want one now!  ::)

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25418 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:09 »

Yeah, I want one now!  ::)

If I had enough legos, I would construct one on my own  :captain:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #25419 on: December 17, 2014, 22:07:34 »

I built a huge cruise ship when I was younger but it was destroyed by the scrapyard of Mum before I got to photo it  :-\

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #25420 on: December 18, 2014, 01:38:26 »

I used to have a huge Lego collection, and it included two ship hulls, one from the fireboat ( http://brickset.com/sets/7207-1/Fire-Boat )and the much larger one from the container terminal (Huh, can't find it on Brickset). I built a variety of custom ships, including a car carrier, a heavy-lift multipurpose, a couple yachts, and, of course, a taconite freighter. I don't have any pictures of any of them unfortunately.
Today's weather:

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #25421 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:02 »

aah good old Lego  ;D
I used to make big cruiseships, skyscrapers or cities when I was younger. I guess that has evolved to 3D.  :P

Cool set that EEE class ship.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #25422 on: December 19, 2014, 02:42:48 »

Speaking of Lego cities...

Someone has acquired the time and resources to build numerous world-wide skyscrapers in Lego microscale including this segment of the Chicago River.
Today's weather:

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #25423 on: December 21, 2014, 13:52:22 »

Hey there! I have good news! The problem I had with my camera seems to be ok BUT I haven't found the main cause of it... Was it a hacker or a pc error.... Do you have any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #25424 on: December 27, 2014, 02:54:51 »

*Head pops out from under a pile of dust*

*cough* *splutter* *cough*

I'm... *cough* B... *cough*... My lord, there's an awful lot of dus *sneezes*.

*More coughing*
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1027   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines