Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 04:51:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Video in SSPro feat. Coast Guard Cutter and Frigate  (Read 865 times)

MMMMMM

• Forum member
New Video in SSPro feat. Coast Guard Cutter and Frigate
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:39:28 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQ052IZcg8&feature=sub

Look at this new video guys

It shows the Frigates Bridge at the end its supper cool and the RIB is in it to

MMMMMM

• Forum member
Re: New Video in SSPro feat. Coast Guard Cutter and Frigate
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:15:27 »

No it was just posted yesturday

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:26:48 »

Uhm not sure but hasnt this been around for awhile ???

Nay, this is a brand new video.

I know the general rule around here as regards the content of SSE vs SSP2 is one of 'SSE might not have this/that etc', but from the way I see it, I don't see why Vstep would go through such efforts as to create thoroughly detailed models of both ships, and ports, for a simulator only to be used by high-level certification places as a training-tool etc.
The reason they look so good in my opinion, is because that side helps sell SSE, aka the general retail version, where the 'eye-candy' has a bigger factor than the more serious, business/training version.
So, based off of my thoughts on this, I'd be hugely surprised if anything we saw in regards to ships and ports, was NOT in SSE. I guess only time will tell though. :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 21:05:32 »

Mind you..

Some content of the Pro version will never be in SSE to begin with, and some content is specially made with the wishes of some major customers for Pro in mind. So those will also not see the light in SSE, most likely.

Indeed, only time will tell. But it's tricky to say that everything we see in Pro will be in SSe, just cause is was made.. that's unfortunatly for those with this expectation, not true I am afraid. Best to aim low, and be surprised, than aim too high and be dissapointed.  ;)

Fred.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 21:24:02 »

I am going to suggest that if the average person (myself included) were to have use of something akin to PRO then there would be a lot of us who wouldn't manage to A)run it on a desktop PC B)get frustrated by the complexity of the model/weather conspiring against us.

Games that are too hard are never popular... A dedicated PRO training tool would have the same effect
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 07:43:48 »

Mind you..

Some content of the Pro version will never be in SSE to begin with, and some content is specially made with the wishes of some major customers for Pro in mind. So those will also not see the light in SSE, most likely.

Indeed, only time will tell. But it's tricky to say that everything we see in Pro will be in SSe, just cause is was made.. that's unfortunatly for those with this expectation, not true I am afraid. Best to aim low, and be surprised, than aim too high and be dissapointed.  ;)

Fred.

Yes but in terms of just the playable ships, and ports (so not including the improved sea-dynamics, plus all extra items that are really only needed in the Pro version etc), there's a chance they might not put them in SSE?! Very unlikely I'd say, but luckily, I'm not one to be disappointed if I was wrong there. Just make sure they put the Bugsier 2 in there, with Hamburg and Rotterdam, and I'd buy it on that basis alone. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines