Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 18:22:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace poster gets them into trouble  (Read 1227 times)

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
Greenpeace poster gets them into trouble
« on: July 09, 2009, 13:17:35 »

Hi All I read an artical on the yahoo american homepage that greenpeace put a banner up on Mt. Rushmore to get a message to Mr. Obama. In case you dont know what Mt. Rushmore is, it is the mountain of carved presidents faces :-\

Tell me what you think

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090708/ts_alt_afp/environmentwarmingusprotest
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 13:32:47 by Capt. Matt »

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

capn_cal

• Forum member
Re: Greenpeace poster gets them into trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 13:37:30 »

i saw this too and aint it about global warming?(the message on the banner)
i don't know what to say on here so i'm typing what i'm typing now because i can't think of what else to type

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 18:11:00 »

Hi All I read an artical on the yahoo american homepage that greenpeace put a banner up on Mt. Rushmore to get a message to Mr. Obama. In case you dont know what Mt. Rushmore is, it is the mountain of carved presidents faces :-\

Tell me what you think

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090708/ts_alt_afp/environmentwarmingusprotest

I think Greenpeace put a banner up on Mount Rushmoor, which I know is the mountainside with carvings of the faces of some US Presidents.  :evil:

I think that bringing matters of global urgency to the attention of everyone is a useful thing to do. Whether this was the right way to do it will be something for history to judge, assuming we don't pollute ourselves off the planet in the meanwhile.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 18:52:48 »

Again terry you completely confused me :doh: Well thats a good thing because youve been confusing me pretty much since I got here so if you didnt confuse me I'd think that something was wrong ::)

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

arkon

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:41:41 »

I think that Terry is missing the most important point that Greenpeace is defacing a national memorial. How would he feel if Greenpeace would deface one of the UK's national memorials? The ends do not always justify the means!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:01:00 »

To be quite honest...

They didn't really care what the native Americans, for whom the black hills are a sacred and ancient place of worship, felt about them defacing their memorial.   ;)

I think the rock will survive in it's current state, ultimately. But that was not the case back then though..

Fred.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:03:26 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines