Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 19:46:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jumbo javellin  (Read 1684 times)

tomirox101

• Forum member
jumbo javellin
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:01:19 »

hi there
i have just recently updated the jumbo javelin and i don't know the controls. i know there is the steering wheel, the throttle, the engine switches and the front engine switch, then there is 1 other ones i don't know. it looks like a knob with a throttle attached to it. if you could help me then allot of thanks to you. and sorry about my english ::) ::) ::) ::)::)

cheers

Master Captain

• Forum member
Re: jumbo javellin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:18:12 »

it works like other ships, use the throttle for moving forward and backward and the wheel is to steer, the the knob with a throttle controls a pod under the ship. Though i have yet to discover it to do anything, maybe someone else can clear that up, hope this helps ;)

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:40:31 »

Hi tomirox101.

Welcome to the forum.

This isn't really a Technical Support question, so I'll move this to General Discusions. You'll probably get a lot more replies there!  :thumbs:

matt5674

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:21:31 »

hi there
i have just recently updated the jumbo javelin and i don't know the controls. i know there is the steering wheel, the throttle, the engine switches and the front engine switch, then there is 1 other ones i don't know. it looks like a knob with a throttle attached to it. if you could help me then allot of thanks to you. and sorry about my english ::) ::) ::) ::)::)

cheers
That little "knob thingy" is called a Azimuth Controller. It can go into a 360 degree turn. It is like a stern thruster to go with the bow thruster. Ocean Star and Bugsier 2 have two of these Azimuth propellers and controllers.

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 15:35:19 »

Hi tomirox101,

The joystick controller for Javelin controls a small, retractable, azimuthing propeller near the stern of the ship. “Azimuthing” means that it can be turned in any direction to maneuver the ship for docking or dynamic positioning. It is not used for underway propulsion—it is usually retracted up into the hull when not in use.

Placing the mouse pointer over the control will show three colored rings. The inner blue ring controls the azimuth—the direction the propeller faces. The red and green rings control the speed. Stop is on the border between red and green.

Similar controls are on Ocean Star and Bug 2. Here is one post on maneuvering Ocean Star:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,9012.msg104399/topicseen.html#msg104399

You can find many other posts on the subject if you search, or browse, the forum.
Regards,
Marty

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines