Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 18:18:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Star Line Announcement Topic  (Read 1929 times)

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
Blue Star Line Announcement Topic
« on: April 13, 2009, 20:57:51 »

Hello everyone!
I would like to annoucne Blue Star Line once again. In this topic, you will find the purpose of Blue Star Line. There are also many fun positions at Blue Star Line, which anyone may take up! To start:
BSL, like any other SS company such as Titan Shipping, Sunset Line, etc, etc, is just a community that is trying to basically make the simulation better for ourselves. The company servers help out with that. Most of our 64 members agree that the simulation is better if it seems like when your on MP, aiming at a certain objective, which is what we do(such as dock the Vermaas at Bassin de Maribeau in Marseille), it almost seems that your serving a purpose, like real ship captains do, whether it be transporting cargo or passengers(ferry/cruise ship). Blue Star Line is just like an ordinary, real life company, but virtual.
We now have many open job positions, that most anyone can take up, except for Moderator and Administrator, every other position is currently open. To list some open positions in our company....
-Event referee's
-Photographer's
-Event Organization Comittee
-Vessel Modelers
-Member Attraction Comittee-THIS IS A BIG ONE GUYS ;)
-News Reporters
-Camera Man
-Server Hosts
-Virtual Sailor Expert

Please join us at:
http://bluestarline.bestoforum.net/ NEW FORUM: http://bluestarline.smfforfree.com/
and to apply for positions:  
COMING SOON ON OUR NEW FORUM.

We also have a Virtual Sailor Section, so VS enthusiasts are also invited. We would like some Add-on creators for VS, so anyone that has modelling skills, please come on over and join us, and show us what you can do, and i assure you, that you will be appreciated!

We are looking for people to host our servers! Please come on over and help us out if you are capable!

We have a modelling section for BSL now aswell, any program is accepted, if you can model, this is your place to be! If we dont have a section on our forum for your program, please let us know!

Hope to see you soon!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 19:58:43 by Kapn Jonah »
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
Re: Blue Star Line Announcement Topic
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 00:14:21 »

Announcement:
We need 2 new administrators. 2 just resigned, and it looks like they need replacing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 00:37:16 by Mad_Fred »
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 00:55:25 »

Announcement:
Server hosts are needed, people that can host 1 server 12 hours a day every day, or 24-7.
Also, promotions are available, if you join and are a worthy candidate, you can be promoted.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:22:15 by Kapn Jonah »
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:19 »

Announcement:
The Blue Star Line forum has been hacked and will not be restored until about Friday...you can still join if you want, positions are still available, but you wont be given the positions you apply for until after the complete restoration of the forum. If anyone wants to help out, drop me a PM. The Hacker also deleted about half of the members (32 out of 62) so now there are 30 left over and we have a terrible appearance. Dont be turned off by this, it will be fixed soon enough.
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:29:17 »

Announcement:
We now have a new forum! SMF For Free has better security than phpBB and im sure it will be more of a success! Here is the new link : http://bluestarline.smfforfree.com/
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 00:59:26 »

Announcement:
Virtual Sailor Expert needed.
3D Modelling Expert needed.
Please join and send me a PM on the BSL forum if you are interested, if you have questions about the positions, PM me here on this forum first ;)
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 01:20:00 »

Announcement:
With our new SMF forum, i have installed a Game Arcade, that users can play while on the forum. I hope this feature is a success! To use the arcade, you must register and click the "ARCADE" button on the Navbar, or go here(same link): http://bluestarline.smfforfree.com/index.php?action=arcade
Thanks!
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 19:18:44 »

Announcement:
The arcade has been updated after a notification that it doesnt let members play. The permissions have been updated so that all members are permitted to play.

We now have a webpage, please visit the forum and press "HOME" to get to the webpage. This page is currently under contruction

Thanks!
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:14:37 »

Announcement

BSL's first competition has been released! Since we dont have server's yet, this competition will be just on the forum. This involves recruiting new members for us in your free time, contributing and posting on the forum every day(not all day, but alteast one or 2 posts and visits a day),without spamming, and ofcourse, doing whatever you can to make BSL a better place, whether it be making constructive suggestions, or helpg out with every day problems. The winner, will be rewarded the Title "BSL Commodore"

You will be given a special signature that dignafies that you are the winner of the competition and you are the first BSL Commodore.

The contest is based on whoever has the most hours online, and most posts, at the end of May.

Have fun!

BTW: I will not be participating in this competition, since im the administrator.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 20:59:38 by Kapn Jonah »
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 19:45:54 »

Announcement:

The winner of the BSL Commodore competition is Captain Matt! Captain Matt has the most posts and most hours online for the last month, 1 day, 2 hours and 5 minutes! Congratulations Matt, you are BSL's new Commodore ;)
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 19:48:22 »

Hey all,

I have recruited 2 people to host one BSL server each! It gives me great honour to announce that our very own Master Captain and dudwasup have stepped up to the plate and volunteered to host a server each at pre arranged times throughout each day, for approximately 8 hours each. Please join up at the forum to vote on what environment you would rather and what ships you would prefer in the servers!

Thank you!

;D
Regards,
Jonah

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 00:28:06 »

Hey all,

We have started up a fun new program starting up at Blue Star Line, that I would like to announce. We have started up some multiplayer challenges, in which you follow instructions in topics posted upon the BSL Forum, under the "Maritime School" category, labelled as "Test#-Name of Challenge".

Regards,
Jonah
Regards,
Jonah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines