Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:09:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim2010  (Read 867 times)

purserone

• Forum member
Ship Sim2010
« on: April 07, 2009, 23:55:55 »

Hi ,

I have used the search but can't find an answer, Slap me with a Kipper if i'm wrong!

Will the ships or at least some like Agile Solution and Jumbo Javelin be able to transfer to the new sim, i hope so as this is what finished me with another sim after spending a lot of money on addons for one version and then not being able to use them in the new version,

Cheers,

mvsmith

Re: Ship Sim2010
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 00:28:47 »

Hi Roger,
This is just a guess, but I would think that all of the ships that are available for SS 2009 would be included in SS Extremes, as it may be called.
Extremes is to have a new sea model. I don’t know if that will require different dynamics for all ships. I don’t even know if the models need other changes to work in the graphics engine. It is more than just an update of SS 2008.
We must let the lotus flower unfold itself petal by petal.
Regards,
Marty

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:31:31 »

Hi Roger,
This is just a guess, but I would think that all of the ships that are available for SS 2009 would be included in SS Extremes, as it may be called.
Extremes is to have a new sea model. I don’t know if that will require different dynamics for all ships. I don’t even know if the models need other changes to work in the graphics engine. It is more than just an update of SS 2008.
We must let the lotus flower unfold itself petal by petal.
Regards,
Marty

Marty, do you mean SS2008 there? :)

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 13:42:43 »

Hi SA,
I meant all vessels, 2008 and add-ons, currently available—or available at the time Extremes is released.
But you are right; I could have phrased it better.
Regards,
Marty

Because Extremes will be quite different, internally, from SS2008, I don’t know whether ships from SS2008 can be used in Extremes without modification. Many of the things requested can’t be accomplished in the present architecture.
Wouldn’t buying new ships be a small price to pay for the joy of seeing people scurrying about the ship, or seeing the captain—you—standing on the bridge?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 13:53:33 by mvsmith »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines