Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 18:20:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tried the Demo, But...  (Read 12510 times)

shipfan55

• Forum member
Re: Tried the Demo, But...
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 16:00:38 »

It should do, any 7 series should be fine ;)

Regards.

DJM.
except for the Nvidia geforce 7300 LE,is too poor for game play.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 16:03:07 »

Do you have the graphics on the best choice with that card and the game runs smoothly?

Just wondered because i might buy that card today ;)
yes!i put everyhting  full except for 3 sliders aND IT WORKS WITH THE LITTELEST AMOUNT LAG ON EARTH!

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 16:07:12 »

Thank you for answer,will probably help me with my choice of new graphic card ;)

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 17:51:47 »

Hey-me again!  ;D Just wondering-How the hell did my card work out that the ferry deserves a better fr than the patrol boat? The harbour patrol boat (forgotten what its called in this one-but its the one thats blue n' white!  ::)) operates at 7-9, whilst the ferry zooms along in the same place at a spacking 16fr! Is it my LOD settings on my card gone bust or something n' it aint loading details proper like? Im really confused! I am aware of the fact that different weather determines where you are placed. (Or at least for me) and so have started in the same place with both-so it cant be weather or environment!

Thanks (Yet) again, Sky.
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 17:54:08 »

Do not really know if I should post this here...but I think I am going to:
If i am installing a new graphic card on my PC and the graphic card is PCI-E 16x and my computer have PCI-E 32x.....can i install the card who have PCI-E 16x then?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 18:07:32 »

The game runs pretty well on my pc depending on what settings I pick. For anyone else's interest my specs are:

AMD Athlon 3400+ Clawhammer (2.4Ghz which is higher to a Intel valued processor)
Team RAM 512MB
200GB + 80GB Slave IDE HDD's
450W PSU
MSI mobo
ATI X1600 PRO 512MB RAM 500Mhz Graphics Card (AGP STILL isn't dead!!  ;D)

Not the best system on earth and I'd love to upgrade to AMD X2, PCI-X, DDR2 and SATA.

TIP: When buying a graphics card ALWAYS check the CORE clock speed, the higher this is the better your games will run. I have a 500mhz Core which isn't fast but isn't slow. So if you need a pretty good graphics card don't get one with anything lower than 500mhz Clock speed and 256MB graphics  ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 22:05:48 »

Hey Capt. Spencer- don't let Orinoco hear you use an AMD... ;)

What exactly is a clawhammer anyway?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 22:13:38 »

Stu

Hey, I like AMD !!

It's just that Core 2 Duos are better

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 22:26:14 »

Stu

You tell me!! lol. It's a good CPU though It rarely reaches 100%. I just need more RAM  :(
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 23:37:46 »

Do not really know if I should post this here...but I think I am going to:
If i am installing a new graphic card on my PC and the graphic card is PCI-E 16x and my computer have PCI-E 32x.....can i install the card who have PCI-E 16x then?

Sorry I missed this post :-[

From what I can tell (never checked before), PCI-e 32x is basically Dual-PCI-e 16x.  This would be used for SLI (Scalable Link Interface), allowing two (yes two ;)) PCI-e 16x cards to be run together ;)

So, you should be fine to buy 1 PCI-e 16x and if you can afford another in the future, get the same type and your PC may just take off :D

Of course, I would also recommend checking this with the supplier, just in case ;)

I hope this answers your question :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 23:43:55 »

Hey, I like AMD !!

It's just that Core 2 Duos are better
Very clever, Orinoco. But not clever enough. Lets not open the intel vs am again, huh?

We all know AMD is far better on a like for like clock speed. Comparing a intel 2 core against an amd single core is NOT a fair comparison  >:(

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 09:03:46 »

I don't wan't to go off-topic but I just got don't agree with something.

Intel dual core is much better than amd dual core, biceaus with an intel processor the 2 cores work together in a one core job (like a game) and with amd just one core of the 2 works in a one core job.

I have an AMD single core beceaus dual core of AMD is sh*t.

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 10:42:44 »

Thank you for answers CaptainSpencer and DJM ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 11:52:19 »

You're welcome :)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 12:57:22 »

Sorry I missed this post :-[

From what I can tell (never checked before), PCI-e 32x is basically Dual-PCI-e 16x.  This would be used for SLI (Scalable Link Interface), allowing two (yes two ;)) PCI-e 16x cards to be run together ;)

So, you should be fine to buy 1 PCI-e 16x and if you can afford another in the future, get the same type and your PC may just take off :D

Of course, I would also recommend checking this with the supplier, just in case ;)

I hope this answers your question :)

Regards.

DJM.

Also make sure you have a beefy PSU (Power Supply Unit) because if you have a underpowered one you may find your PC crashes a lot. In this case get a PSU that has quality not quantity. So for instance look for one that's about 500W and costs around £50 and not one that is £1000W and only about £40. Always check the rails on PSU's. I'm no expert but I've read a lot of reviews and from experience  ;)

Thank you for answers CaptainSpencer and DJM  ;)

You're very welcome Lanedre  ;) :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 13:41:38 »

Also make sure you have a beefy PSU (Power Supply Unit) because if you have a underpowered one you may find your PC crashes a lot. In this case get a PSU that has quality not quantity. So for instance look for one that's about 500W and costs around £50 and not one that is £1000W and only about £40. Always check the rails on PSU's. I'm no expert but I've read a lot of reviews and from experience  ;)

I fully concur with that statement, from experience with friends/family's PC's ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:15 »

Intel dual core is much better than amd dual core, biceaus with an intel processor the 2 cores work together in a one core job (like a game) and with amd just one core of the 2 works in a one core job.

Thankyou for that fine scientific explination. I will stick with my AMD, if that's OK. Are you sure that the intel duo uses both cores at once for single programmes?

Stu

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 15:08:11 »

No offence, but I think that judgemtn lacks foundation and merit-I had an athlon uni running at 3ghz b4 getting my dual 2ghz and this one operates much better! Sure intels are better for games, but they are also really expensive for the freqs you get with them.

I think thats a myth, stu-I have used an intel duo 1.8ghz and it acted in just about the same way in all aspects as my amd.

Sky

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 15:27:35 by [RWP]DJM »
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

SSNick

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 16:12:32 »

except for the Nvidia geforce 7300 LE,is too poor for game play.

What wrong with the Nvidia geforce 7300 LE,it wont work or is it just poor graphics??? ???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines