Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:31:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional Ships in shipsim2008  (Read 1194 times)

STE1N

Additional Ships in shipsim2008
« on: March 25, 2009, 20:28:48 »

I'm watching (like it's written in the shipyard) frequently for any new vessels, but now after 4 months..
i'm starting to get a bit curious about it....
First they came with nice news a navy frigate was added...  And of course the long waiting is payed off with the message it's only added to the pro version.

Also, there is a nice modelling department on the forum, nothing to complain about that at all!
I really like the progress that is being made there, but wouldn't it be nice to see a couple those ships back in the
shipyard downloadsection???

Like to see some reasons for that ;D

Best regards,

Shipsim enthousiast,

KapiSTE1N
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 20:33:33 by STE1N »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Additional Ships in shipsim2008
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 21:13:52 »

Hiya :)

A lot of the models in the New Vessel Design Group are made in Google Sketchup or programs like it that VSTEP can't really use for the game.

VSTEP also have very high standards on what they will put in the game, if you cross out the the models that won't meet the standards there will be very few I think ;)

Also about the Shipyard, I believe that VSTEP are concentrating on development on the new ShipSim 2010, so we will just have to be patient :)

SA

matt5674

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 21:46:30 »

But VStep can accept 3D Max models right? Here are a few vids of some of the ships from SS08, which was still Ship Sim 2007 then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9FCEDvOeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UkgVbmpkJQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEiSwPztUeI&feature=related

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:15 »

I'm watching (like it's written in the shipyard) frequently for any new vessels, but now after 4 months..
i'm starting to get a bit curious about it....
First they came with nice news a navy frigate was added...  And of course the long waiting is payed off with the message it's only added to the pro version.

Also, there is a nice modelling department on the forum, nothing to complain about that at all!
I really like the progress that is being made there, but wouldn't it be nice to see a couple those ships back in the
shipyard downloadsection???

Like to see some reasons for that ;D

Best regards,

Shipsim enthousiast,

KapiSTE1N

Well, the main reason seems to be the enormous effort to make a new ship incl. dynamics, damage model, walkthrough mode... compared to the price and the selled pieces. :-[

Regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines