Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 04:43:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do u believe that the world will finis acording to the mayan prophecy (saturday 22 december 2012

yes
- 7 (11.9%)
no
- 47 (79.7%)
i dont know about that prophecy
- 5 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: End of the world  (Read 26951 times)

Timbo

• Forum member
Re: End of the world
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2009, 12:23:07 »

The biggest threat to our planet is in fact ourself, the way we live, because we do not live in harmony with the nature, we are using it to feed our slavery to money.
But you know...the human is so stupid today that the day it faces it's own stupidity its too late.
If 2012 will happen I guess its a action by God a action to re-establish the planet Earth.

Too True JHB,
                        It's the human race that's the problem NOT from outer space or 2012,
we only have one earth.Will give you am example look what is happening to the bees
if they become extinct we are in big big trouble,we all take them for granted but without them no pollination
of flowers means no food !.
  Been watching some of the tv series in uk about charles darwin and was he right,he says that all species
are linked and if one goes it's a chain reaction.So it's our civilization that's totally wrong given money is
everything should not be when people are staving to death.

That's my thoughts anyway.            Cheers Timbo

Ps while we are still here on planet earth,Just though of something else the dinosaurs and the ice-age !!

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2009, 13:33:43 »

Just to test how capable you fellas are about talking about such things as the galaxy and the end of the world...

This is the test:   Good Bye And Thanks For All The Fish

Your reply is your answer.  Pick a good representative for your race of Human. :evil:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2009, 16:52:44 »

I don't believe in such theroies about the world coming to end.
All ahead full!

TerryRussell

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2009, 18:26:13 »

And the Titanic was unsinkable....

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2009, 18:30:30 »

Actually the question about believing in something is irrelevant because believing wont help us to get access to the truth. It would be like going to the NSA office and say hey I believe in US government secrets, can you let me inside now? or I believe in UFOs can you guys give me access to the Area 51 top secrets? because belief will not prove anything and it will not help you 1% more to understand something that is classified information.

How can you believe in something that you have never seen? And if you have seen it will you still believe or not believe? Its not a question about believing but rather getting sources. And when the sources are locked out and is not public accessible then nobody can prove it even if there are one or more sources that seriously state that I was at the Area 51 hangar and did see what they had there then there is still not a question about believing but rather confirming the sources, that someone can confirm the source and that the source is telling the truth. And who can confirm that? Well that will be confirmed the day the information is no longer classified or that something happens that gives us a confirmation.
There are even people that thinks that the global melt down of the poles is conspiracy and that the 9/11 was a inside job performed by the US government. That is all we got, conspiracies and nothing more. The source that many of rely on is the government and the media (and of course our trusted scientists that works for the government) , but who do you think controls the government and the media? Nobody..not one single one, because there is no more powerful sources on this earth that can confirm or dis confirm the truth. So it all means also that these sources that we rely so much on can manipulate their info, the truth that we all hunt for and want to find out.

I don't believe in 2012, but in the same time I believe in 2012 because my voice don't have a value. Why vote for something that we cannot confirm? 2012 confirms itself at 21st December 2012, the confirmation may be a hell of a sight or just a normal day like any day (time will tell..).
In the same time we could make a vote like do you believe in death? and everyone would voted yes because we all know that we going to die someday. In year 3050 everyone would voted no because at that year the humanity have made a miraculous medicine that makes the human live forever.

Things we don't know will stay unknown until the day it happens ourselves. And if this happens only you then you will have a huge problem to explain it or even tell someone about it if you where taken to the rear side of the Moon by some aliens where they did examine you to find out some more about the human anatomy. Likely everyone will laugh about it and your story because they where not there, they where not your eyes and they could not see it and confirm what did happen to you...

IF we one day wake up one morning and see some huge flying alien ships (like in the ID4 movie) I can assure you that the government would have one *** of a day to cover it from us. Likely they would go on air and say that the Russian did bomb the US with a biological weapon which made us all hallucinate...and the media would give us the same news.

Remember that once back in the history the humans believed that the Earth was flat...
They believed it until someone confirmed that it was round...can you imagine that?

I think that the guy who proved it was hunting for the sources rather than stick to the question about believing.
But that was back then, today in our world where we are bombarded with information and it can be really difficult to prove something to be true or false. So we thrust the sources that we always have trusted, the government, the media, the scientists and the books with printed history, but that doesn't mean that we are exposed to the truth..because we don't know all about all kinds of stuff around us. We only know what we know now...today!
But like I said, not all facts are public, many of them are classified material.

Therefore conspiracy and ufos and all this unexplainable stuff will exist for a loooong time..even after my death. It's naturally because we cannot explain everything in space where 1 light year is 9.4605284 × 10^15 kilometers (or to be more precise exactly 9,460,730,472,580.8 km).
Our Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years across, do you think that the US Government got technology to monitor such a huge space down to 1 millimetres.
Just the Milky Way galaxy contains 200 to 400 billion stars...imagine that? :P

I would rather hunt after sources that confirms what is going on instead of asking myself or others IF you belive..because that designs a group A and a group B that will fight each other trying to prove who is telling the truth and who is not (typical for discussion boards like this one). :P

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 18:35:31 by JHB »

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2009, 16:49:42 »

And the Titanic was unsinkable....

Titanic as "unsinkable" was flying in the face of God.

Actually the question about believing in something is irrelevant because believing wont help us to get access to the truth. It would be like going to the NSA office and say hey I believe in US government secrets, can you let me inside now? or I believe in UFOs can you guys give me access to the Area 51 top secrets? because belief will not prove anything and it will not help you 1% more to understand something that is classified information.

How can you believe in something that you have never seen? And if you have seen it will you still believe or not believe? Its not a question about believing but rather getting sources. And when the sources are locked out and is not public accessible then nobody can prove it even if there are one or more sources that seriously state that I was at the Area 51 hangar and did see what they had there then there is still not a question about believing but rather confirming the sources, that someone can confirm the source and that the source is telling the truth. And who can confirm that? Well that will be confirmed the day the information is no longer classified or that something happens that gives us a confirmation.
There are even people that thinks that the global melt down of the poles is conspiracy and that the 9/11 was a inside job performed by the US government. That is all we got, conspiracies and nothing more. The source that many of rely on is the government and the media (and of course our trusted scientists that works for the government) , but who do you think controls the government and the media? Nobody..not one single one, because there is no more powerful sources on this earth that can confirm or dis confirm the truth. So it all means also that these sources that we rely so much on can manipulate their info, the truth that we all hunt for and want to find out.

I don't believe in 2012, but in the same time I believe in 2012 because my voice don't have a value. Why vote for something that we cannot confirm? 2012 confirms itself at 21st December 2012, the confirmation may be a hell of a sight or just a normal day like any day (time will tell..).
In the same time we could make a vote like do you believe in death? and everyone would voted yes because we all know that we going to die someday. In year 3050 everyone would voted no because at that year the humanity have made a miraculous medicine that makes the human live forever.

Things we don't know will stay unknown until the day it happens ourselves. And if this happens only you then you will have a huge problem to explain it or even tell someone about it if you where taken to the rear side of the Moon by some aliens where they did examine you to find out some more about the human anatomy. Likely everyone will laugh about it and your story because they where not there, they where not your eyes and they could not see it and confirm what did happen to you...

IF we one day wake up one morning and see some huge flying alien ships (like in the ID4 movie) I can assure you that the government would have one *** of a day to cover it from us. Likely they would go on air and say that the Russian did bomb the US with a biological weapon which made us all hallucinate...and the media would give us the same news.

Remember that once back in the history the humans believed that the Earth was flat...
They believed it until someone confirmed that it was round...can you imagine that?

I think that the guy who proved it was hunting for the sources rather than stick to the question about believing.
But that was back then, today in our world where we are bombarded with information and it can be really difficult to prove something to be true or false. So we thrust the sources that we always have trusted, the government, the media, the scientists and the books with printed history, but that doesn't mean that we are exposed to the truth..because we don't know all about all kinds of stuff around us. We only know what we know now...today!
But like I said, not all facts are public, many of them are classified material.

Therefore conspiracy and ufos and all this unexplainable stuff will exist for a loooong time..even after my death. It's naturally because we cannot explain everything in space where 1 light year is 9.4605284 × 10^15 kilometers (or to be more precise exactly 9,460,730,472,580.8 km).
Our Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years across, do you think that the US Government got technology to monitor such a huge space down to 1 millimetres.
Just the Milky Way galaxy contains 200 to 400 billion stars...imagine that? :P

I would rather hunt after sources that confirms what is going on instead of asking myself or others IF you belive..because that designs a group A and a group B that will fight each other trying to prove who is telling the truth and who is not (typical for discussion boards like this one). :P

I don't believe Area 51 is hidding proof of aliens.  It's more likely the US Government is using Area 51 to make top secret weapons.   
All ahead full!

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2009, 17:25:24 »

Well one new thing that I read in the news today was that there is a big solar storm coming to Europe.
NASA have made a warning and funny enough they posted this example:

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation. Europe, Scandinavia, China and Japan are also struggling to recover from the same fateful event - a violent storm, 150 million kilometres away on the surface of the sun.

That's posted at New Scientist.com

I don't believe Area 51 is hidding proof of aliens.  It's more likely the US Government is using Area 51 to make top secret weapons.

Yes that's true, technology that they did get from nowhere. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKRYnswV8ow
But of course none of us can know what is going on there at Area 51. I just find it funny that John Lear which is not "someone" can tell these stories.

John Lear is highly regarded in aviation circles. Now retired from flying, he amassed over 19,000 hours of flight time, and has flown in over 100 different types of airplanes in 60 different countries around the world. He flew both commercially and in missions worldwide for the CIA. John Lear holds the most FAA Airman certificates ever earned by any single airman [3] [4], and he has held numerous world records [5].

In 1966 John Lear was co-pilot of a Lear Jet Model 24 (N427LJ) that completed the first round-the-world flight by a business jet. Beginning and ending at Wichita, Kansas, Lear together with two Lear factory pilots Hank Beaird and Rick King set 17 world records between May 23-26, including speed around the world [6] [7]. The official NAA observer was John Zimmerman [8].

That's a bit off-topic from me so I end it here ;)

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2009, 22:17:29 »

People believing the earth is flat is a fairly recent phenomenon, I think even in Aristotlean era they knew the earth was round (shadow on moon). But now some people think it is flat based mainly on the reason that... Not much really. So people believing the earth will end soon falls vaguely into the same category of people just going against common belief of the times.   

Oh and that thing that New Scientist wrote is just showing how easy it would be to pretty much kill off the western world, due to us relying on ever higher-voltage power lines that would basically act like magnets to giant plasma balls that could fly off the sun when it's next period of high activity occurs (2012 ish). No one wants to prepare for it though bwcuase that is the sort of way we live nowadays
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 22:22:28 by Person264 »

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2009, 15:05:55 »

Really all we can do is wait and see. If nothing happens, great. But if something happens... Not great ;D.

There also different beliefs about how the world is going to end, so that makes me believe this is all a guess.

mvsmith

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2009, 15:51:07 »

Robert Frost presented the two principle alternatives. Fire is inevitable, if the ice don’t git us first.
Historically, life has survived many ice ages, and will probably survive the next—thanks to our ability to produce global warming.

It is also a colossal conceit to equate the extinction of Homo sapiens with the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines