Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 01:03:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compass squashed in high resolutions ?  (Read 4967 times)

mvsmith

Re: Compass squashed in high resolutions ?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 15:59:16 »

Hi Terry,
Even after going to the unnecessary trouble of opening his image shack pictures full screen, the worst case squoze does not make the HUD compass unusable for its only real purpose—to see the relative vectors.
Remember the guy who claimed that the Marseilles chart was buggy because he ran aground? After two pages of argument, he admitted that his display could not show the light blue. We do get them, from time to time.
Regards,
Marty

Cdt Stubbing

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 15:51:20 »

Gentlemen, I really didn't intend to get on your nerves. Maybe I sounded bitter after seeing my topic turned into a grammar war :lol:

You're right, opening the full-size pictures takes more than a single click. I've now done what I should have since the beginning : isolated the compass from each screenshot. Was quicker than I thought, and everything sure becomes clearer. Please take a look a that first post again.

I have not counted pixels, but to me the compass still looks either "ok" or "squashed", not "more or less squashed". Anyway, Marty enlightened me on the causes of the problem, which is all I wanted. So it's nothing new, alright. Sorry for the misunderstandings & thanks for bearing with me !

TerryRussell

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 17:42:45 »

My Grandma doesn't fight wars....

I guess that the bottom line is "yep, they do". Which is what I said right at the start. But I still don't notice it in any of the resolutions I've tried. Oh well...

mvsmith

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 18:21:48 »

Terry, perhaps you are gifted with an uncorrected astigmatism.
Cdt, Hijacking of posts is an unfortunate occurrence on this forum. 
I often get grumpy whenever someone asks for a patch. A few hours spent reading past posts might explain why, but it’s simpler just to assume that I’m always that way.
Regards,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 20:05:18 »

I think it's that although I have some very large screens, I don't run them at terribly high resolutions. That way the problem isn't very noticeable.

Or my brain is determined to ignore things it know I'm not worried about. We have a good working relationship.

PS when you and I first started speaking to each other, I did indeed trawl through the forum reading past conversations. Amidst the death threats, condemnations of your soul and general abuse, I found that I understood your humour. Enjoyed it ever since.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 20:08:01 by TerryRussell »

mvsmith

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 20:56:53 »

I found that I understood your humour. Enjoyed it ever since.

I suppose, as a friend, I should urge you to seek help—but, alas, I so desperately need to be understood by someone.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 00:21:58 »

I suppose, as a friend, I should urge you to seek help—but, alas, I so desperately need to be understood by someone.
Are you forgetting someone who needs it more? ::)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines