Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:29:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Our real first names  (Read 27075 times)

riny

• Forum member
Re: Our real first names
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 13:13:18 »

My real name is: Marinus Hermanus :o
But everyone call me : Riny

TJK

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 15:53:18 »

i think it is very cool name. Tore Johnny.  :)
Tanks but you forgot to tell you name is Sindre  ;)

Second Mate

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 17:24:22 »

Mine is Jon, short for Jonathan, but few people call me that.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 18:38:02 »

Tanks but you forgot to tell you name is Sindre  ;)
my name is Steffen Renè. not sindre ;D

TJK

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 08:42:19 »

my name is Steffen Renè. not sindre ;D
officious I Know that Steffen, joust joking with you to get you to tell you name ;D
your friend
Tore
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 18:24:00 by TJK »

RJK

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 18:22:08 »

Russ. Short for Russell.

Russ K

Ncena1

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 19:02:20 »

I have a danisch name, Niels

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 04:35:09 »

Mine is Alex :).

Not to rain on anyones parade, because it looks as though we all are having one, but I just don't think that we should announce our names publicly on a forum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I am a party pooper ;D.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 09:15:36 »

Hoy,
Mine is Marc,i think you find that logical.Just see to my username"Marcstrat"
Regards
Marc
N

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:35 »

Mine is Alex :).

Not to rain on anyones parade, because it looks as though we all are having one, but I just don't think that we should announce our names publicly on a forum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I am a party pooper ;D.

I don't think first names a problem. Know how many Alex's and Austin's are in the world, no one would ever be able to find you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 19:04:17 »

We had a discussion about this some time ago. One of the members was convinced that by posting our name, we'd get a virus.

If anyone wanted to bother, they could easily find my home address, my work address and so on. My forum name is my real name. My web site is visible. That gives my email address.

Only a couple of weeks ago, I received a nasty email, complete with death wish from someone who objected to my approach on this forum. But so what? I've had received much better death threats in the past.

Now, all that said, for some of the younger members of the forum, I am concerned about some of the strange people that lurk on the internet. I do watch out for dangers as much as I can.

Will posting their real name increase the risks? My assessment is that it probably doesn't, but I will watch out for people disclosing too much information about themselves.

Advice:
(1)
don't give people your phone number, mobile/cell phone number, home address etc under any circumanstances.
(2)
Never, ever, arrange to meet someone you don't know.
(3)
Keep in mind that a 45 year old bald man can claim to be, and appear to be, 12 years old Dodgers fan in their posts.

jim.smith

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 19:54:15 »

I entirely agree with you Terry,on second thoughts do you think it was a good idea to show what we look like,Im thinking of the younger members not us mature gentlemen.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 20:16:10 »

Chief Executive, Dr Terry Russell. Nice Terry.

I have already met 1 online friend, really nice guy, going to meet another this summer. :)

Edit: You have a client in Antarctica!

Edit: And the U.S.C.G.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 20:20:03 by Agent|Austin »

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2009, 05:00:41 »

I've actually talked to one of the forum members. I am trying to catch him when he is online so that we can do a video confrence :).

kuusuru

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2009, 07:13:17 »

Advice:
(1)
don't give people your phone number, mobile/cell phone number, home address etc under any circumanstances.
(2)
Never, ever, arrange to meet someone you don't know.
(3)
Keep in mind that a 45 year old bald man can claim to be, and appear to be, 12 years old Dodgers fan in their posts.

All excellent advice.  Can I add:

(4) Don't give your date of birth, either (useful for ID theft).

(5) Please, please, please don't fall for 419/advance fee/Internet marriage scams.  You're not a gullible twit in real life, so don't act like one online.  There are no millions stashed away from which you will be amply rewarded as soon as you send them the latest transfer fee, and the blushing bride you're going to meet at Lagos International might turn out to be a dozen rather intimidating gentlemen who most definitely are not in the mood for love.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2009, 10:00:31 »

I have 1 rule IF IN DOUBT DO NOT DO IT   
                                                    Eric

TerryRussell

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2009, 16:14:37 »

I haven't received any for a while, but I used to get several emails each day, telling me that someone had come across a sackful of money in some underhand way and that if I joined in by committing some other act of minor dishonesty, they'd let me have some huge sum of money.

The record for a single offer was 400,000,000 US dollars.

The most I ever got offered in a single day (adding them all together) was 2.8 billion pounds sterling.

I used to swap them with a friend who is a breakfast-time DJ on a BBC local radio station. He'd read them out on the air. We had a competition going with some of the listeners to see who got offered the most each day.

Obviously, I believed every word of the stupid, lying attempts to cheat me out of my own money by convincing me to be as dishonest as the sender. NOT  :evil:

firestar12

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2009, 21:39:23 »

I haven't received any for a while, but I used to get several emails each day, telling me that someone had come across a sackful of money in some underhand way and that if I joined in by committing some other act of minor dishonesty, they'd let me have some huge sum of money.

The record for a single offer was 400,000,000 US dollars.

The most I ever got offered in a single day (adding them all together) was 2.8 billion pounds sterling.

I used to swap them with a friend who is a breakfast-time DJ on a BBC local radio station. He'd read them out on the air. We had a competition going with some of the listeners to see who got offered the most each day.

Obviously, I believed every word of the stupid, lying attempts to cheat me out of my own money by convincing me to be as dishonest as the sender. NOT  :evil:
Terry dishonest? No way... ::)

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:14 »

I bet you can't guess  :laugh:
your name is nathan

Packack

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 23:14:30 »

krik (jack) yes I'm dutch!
1: See the tug boat?

2: Big ship, small gap.

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2009, 12:27:57 »

(5) Please, please, please don't fall for 419/advance fee/Internet marriage scams.  You're not a gullible twit in real life, so don't act like one online.  There are no millions stashed away from which you will be amply rewarded as soon as you send them the latest transfer fee, and the blushing bride you're going to meet at Lagos International might turn out to be a dozen rather intimidating gentlemen who most definitely are not in the mood for love.

I wondered what happened to my mail order bride! I've been blaming the Royal Mail all this time.
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2009, 18:19:11 »

I entirely agree with you Terry,on second thoughts do you think it was a good idea to show what we look like,Im thinking of the younger members not us mature gentlemen.

Why don't you pay and join so we can find out more about you. You might be bald too....

Mike

Nathan|C

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2009, 19:44:17 »

your name is nathan

Oh my, how on earth do you know that?

TerryRussell

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2009, 20:19:19 »

So your first name isn't |, then? My bad.

Nathan|C

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2009, 01:46:53 »

The Nathan and the C sometimes get violent, so I had to put a wall between  :police:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines