Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 03:01:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Icebreaker Yamal(Яма́л)  (Read 8783 times)

thebigu99

• Forum member
Icebreaker Yamal(Яма́л)
« on: December 31, 2008, 13:28:36 »

Hi it's me again anyone who dislikes the N.S Savannah could maybe like this ship yes you figured it It's a Nuclear Ship again maybe your thinking dosen't this guy ever give up on nuclear geez.

Well no i will not give up on Nuclear.

This time it's an Icebreaker.

The N.S Yamal (Russian: Яма́л) is a Russian Arktika class nuclear powered icebreaker operated by the Murmansk Shipping Company. It is named after the Yamal Peninsula in Northwest Siberia; the name means End of the Land in the Nenets language.

Laid down in Leningrad in 1986, and launched in October 1992, after the end of communism in Russia, she never filled her designed role of keeping shipping lanes open. She has always carried passengers on arctic excursions. Yamal took an excursion to the North Pole to celebrate the Millennium. Yamal is the 12th surface ship ever to reach the north pole.

The Yamal is equipped with a double hull. The outer hull is 48 mm thick where ice is met and 25 mm elsewhere and has a polymer coating to reduce friction. There is water ballast between the inner and outer hulls which can be shifted in order to aid icebreaking. Icebreaking is also assisted by an air bubbling system which can deliver 24 m³/s of air from jets 9 m below the surface. The Yamal can break ice while making way either forwards or backwards.

Yamal is one of Russian "Arctic" family of icebreakers, the most powerful icebreakers in the world. These ships must cruise in cold water to cool their reactors, so they cannot pass through the tropics to undertake voyages in the Southern hemisphere.

Yamal carries one helicopter and several Zodiac boats. Radio and satellite communications systems are installed which can provide navigation, telephone, fax, and email services. Amenities include a large dining room (capable of holding all 100 passengers in one sitting), a library, passenger lounge, auditorium, volleyball court, gymnasium, heated indoor swimming pool, a sauna, and an infirmary. She is equipped with 50 passenger cabins and suites, all with toilets, exterior windows, a television, and a desk.

It's specs.(To tell you about the ship and my N.S Savannah isn't exactly detailed right) ;)

Length: 150 m (136 m at waterline)
Breadth: 30 m (28 m at the waterline)
Draft: 11.08 m
Height: 55 m keel to mast head
Displacement: 23,455 t
Maximum speed: 22 knot (44 km/h)
Cruising speed: 19.5 knot (36 km/h)
Crew: 150 (including 50 officers and engineers)
Passengers: 100, in 50 cabins and mini-suites
Power plant: two OK-900 171 MW nuclear reactors
Propulsion: two steam turbines driving 6 generators, total 75,000 hp (55.3 MW)

In my opinion this ship to will be a great addition to SS because in the next SS there will be antartica so why one Icebreaker when you can have 2 Icebreakers. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wouldn't that be great!

These pics below show her on all of her Expedition's. ;D

EDIT:By the way i am changing my profile picture.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 13:32:52 by thebigu99 »
Thebigu99

Ncena1

• Forum member
Re: Icebreaker Yamal(Яма́л)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 13:35:04 »

of course its a nice ship but i dont think that V-step will realease much more ships for ss2008 and in 2009 is already an Greenpeace icebreaker that u can see in the teaser

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 13:41:45 »

I would love to see the yamal in the game it's a very nice ship, and kapitan khlebnikov is a very nice ship to.
I would not mind to see them in the next shipsim.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 13:42:33 »

Bit red isnt it? :D
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 13:46:17 »

Yes it can get very cold upp there on the northpole  ;)

maritiem

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 13:49:45 »

Thank you for the Reply's and welcome all hope you all had a very good christmas eh ;D ;D :D :)

Anyways yes i know another icebreaker is in production but maybe just add This one and the kapitan klebnikov icebreaker's into the game so that when we travel to the Artic region's in SS we would see all the ships happily breaking ice together.]

Since the tugs already has a few boats in the fleet why not add these icebreakers.

also a more detailed spec of the ship.

Length: 150m (136m at the waterline), Breadth: 30m (28m at the waterline), Draft: 11.08m, Height: keel to mast head 55m.

Displacement: 23,455 tonnes.

Power is supplied by two pressurized water nuclear reactors, each contains 245 enriched uranium fuel rods. Each reactor weighs 160 tonnes and are in a closed compartment under reduced pressure - in the event of a leak, the leak would be in and not out.

Maximum fuel use is 300g of heavy uranium isotopes per day when breaking thick ice. Reactors hold 500kg each when fully fuelled, enough for about 5 years.

The reactors are shielded by steel, high density concrete and water. The nuclear chain reaction can be stopped in 0.6s by full insertion of the control rods.

Radiation on the ship is monitored by 86 sensors throughout the vessel from within the reactor compartment to accommodation areas.

The reactor cores are used to heat water up and produce pressurized steam at 30kgcm2. Each reactor has four boilers, each set of four boilers turn two steam turbines, which spin three dynamos each (confused yet?, that's 12 dynamos in total).

The dynamos supply electric motors which are connected to the propeller shafts. Each motor can supply 25,000 shaft horse power to its screw of which there are three. So in all, the ship can develop 75,000 shaft horse power or 55.3MW - enough electricity to supply a town of 18,750 homes

Propellers are 5.7m diameter,  fixed and weigh 50 tonnes each. Each has four 7 tonne blades, inspection wells allow them to be examined in operation, blades may be replaced at sea.

Maximum speed: 22knots (40kmh), cruising speed 19.5 knots (35kmh) in calm open water. Ice 2.3m thick can be broken at 3 knots (5.5kmh). Maximum thickness of that can be penetrated is estimated at 5m, individual ridges of 9m have been broken.

Steering can also be accomplished by directing the air jets of the bubbling system (comparable to use of bow-thrusters).

Air bubbling system to help ice breaking. Jets 9 m below the surface can deliver 24m3s of air.  

Polymer coatings, specialized hull design, and the rapid movement of ballast water (pumps can move 1m3 (a tonne) of water per second) all these help in moving through and breaking ice.

Powerful lights are carried for operations in the dark of winter.

The cast steel prow is 48cm thick at its strongest point, that's about the same as the diagonal measurement of a 19" computer monitor.

The hull is double with water ballast between the two. The outer hull is 48mm thick armoured steel where ice is met and 25mm elsewhere.

10 x 10cm weighs more than 1.9kg

10cm x 10cm weighs more than 3.7kg

The stern region is cushioned to allow for the close towing of other vessels when helping them through the ice.

An helicopter is carried to help with navigation in ice and for tourist trips.

Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 13:51:09 »

Wow finally people i meet who has a sense of humor please to meet you.

EDIT:anyone know's which is the best program to model this ship then convert it to SS but it must be free of course.

Even though hard i will try my best to make this project alive from now it is still in Planning stage and i have to learn using those program's.

Anyways wish me luck as i am about to embark on an expedition to make the greatest ship in my life probrably my first.

Even if i can't make it i will have to ask for GOAX's help since he is working on the KAPITAN KHLEBNIKOV project following the Pushboat and MS Berge Stahl if cannot help can any of you kind people help me make it a reality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 14:09:37 by thebigu99 »
Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 14:14:23 »

Actually, the majority of people here will be glad to see any new ship for SS just because it's "one more new ship". To sail the Yamal will be interesting as for every new ship. But it could be a bit boring as such kind of big + nuclear icebreakers are only suitable for icebreaking & they're just "carrying themselfs". Of course, you can sail through heavy ice, guide the caravan of ships through ice, rescuing the stucked in ice ships.....  
The combination of AHTS & icebreaker (see attachments) will be more fun & enjoyable as you can supply the oil rig in the ice sea, guide ships through ice, different rescue operations in ice, keeping rig away from heavy ice fields, icebreaking around the rig to protect her....
But if the point of this topic is based on some big + nuclear icebreaker, then we'll be just glad to see "one more new ship".

Anyways cushioncraft you maybe right but the Yamal is full of possibilities imagine you could not afford a real antartic expedition you go and buy SS which is much cheaper then going on a real life cruise adding new ship's will make us all happy we all wan't that ship and that ship to be in SS come on your ship's are really cool maybe even cooler than mine.

My ship and your ship.Maybe my ship can break ultra hard ice and suddenly yours cannot my ship can help your ship it's SS full of possibilities your ship and my ship and many others would make a nice addition to the game.

Oh i have a question how do you add picture signatures?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 14:31:39 by thebigu99 »
Thebigu99

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 14:21:25 »

Actually, the majority of people here will be glad to see any new ship for SS just because it's "one more new ship". To sail the Yamal will be interesting as for every new ship. But it could be a bit boring as such kind of big + nuclear icebreakers are only suitable for icebreaking & they're just "carrying themselfs". Of course, you can sail through heavy ice, guide the caravan of ships through ice, rescuing the stucked in ice ships.....  
The combination of AHTS & icebreaker (see attachments) will be more fun & enjoyable as you can supply the oil rig in the ice sea, guide ships through ice, different rescue operations in ice, keeping rig away from heavy ice fields, icebreaking around the rig to protect her....
But if the point of this topic is based on some big + nuclear icebreaker, then we'll be just glad to see "one more new ship".

How about the Finnish ice breakers Botnica, Nordica and Fennica. In the ice season they are, ofcours, breaking ice in the Baltic sea. Rest of the year they are in the offshore businiss. I think these kind of vessels bring more to the game than the Russian ice breaker, because there are also oil rigs in the game. Btw, did some one from Vstep confirm that there is going to be a ice breaking function in SS10, or is it just something going to be with the ice bergs like we now already have.

http://www.finstaship.fi/fi/pdf/botnica.pdf
It's the crew that makes the difference

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 14:37:11 »

Wow i am so sad to see 2 people dislike my ship well then i cannot argue or force you to like the ship well then i guess nobody even cares about this shp :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I dont mean to offend you though.
Thebigu99

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 14:52:24 »

I didnt say i didnt like your vessel, but for the game the Finnish iceabreakers bring more possibilities  :) i think that is something Vstep has to consider and choosing wisely on which vessel they spend their time and money.

Ncena1

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 15:07:32 »

How about the Finnish ice breakers Botnica, Nordica and Fennica. In the ice season they are, ofcours, breaking ice in the Baltic sea. Rest of the year they are in the offshore businiss. I think these kind of vessels bring more to the game than the Russian ice breaker, because there are also oil rigs in the game. Btw, did some one from Vstep confirm that there is going to be a ice breaking function in SS10, or is it just something going to be with the ice bergs like we now already have.

I think if we get a second icebreaker that would be the best solution because its not only functional at  the Antarctis

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 15:13:23 »

Again right. But if that Greenpeace's "icebreaker" Esperanza is the only one ship to fill the Icebreaker gap in SS10 - then I'm sad & the questions about other possible icebreakers are closed.

Regards,
CC

Ouch got me there CC  ;D But then again, isnt the Esperanza just a fire fighting vessel with the highest ice class?  :P

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 15:23:33 »

what a ugly icebreaker. Give me the Yamal instead of this 'thing' (just my opinion, no offends)

maritiem

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 15:33:40 »

what a ugly icebreaker. Give me the Yamal instead of this 'thing' (just my opinion, no offends)

maritiem

Thank you maritime and others for your kindness.

Anyways tell me which is the best free program so that i can model the Yamal then convert it to SS.I dont care if it's very hard i guess i will have to learn then if i fail can anybody help me with this project please.

Also if VSTEP agrees i will add a 10 page manual with pictures details of the ship,History,technical data and all that stuff.

Now i am happy again thank you maritiem.

And welcome and i hope all of you have a nice christmas.

I know my ship may not be the BEST PROJECT but still there are possiblities.

Ypur ATHS ships are kinda nice though i might consider adding them with my icebreaker pack.

Which i will release as soon as i learn and download those programs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 15:39:10 by thebigu99 »
Thebigu99

Ncena1

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 15:37:11 »

hehehe modelling is not that easy and to get your ship in SS is difficult...

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 15:40:58 »

I know Ncena1 but since nobody want's to make it for me i guess i have to learn too maybe ask VSTEP Permission to make me an official add-on's creater,modeler all that.

Well i hope any of you would help in my first ever project in SS if possible that is.

EDIT:History on the Esperanza The Esperanza (Spanish for "hope") is the latest and largest vessel in the Greenpeace fleet. She was named by none other than our cyberactivists.

The ship was built in Poland in 1984 and was one of 14 Russian fire fighting vessels.  (The ship still bears the marks of her Russian past, such as Russian Cyrillic lettering on the control panels.)  She was refitted and renamed the "Esperanza" in 2002, following a global competition among our online supporters (the "Cyberactivists") to nominate and then vote on her name.  She was launched in Cape Town in a ceremony where she was blessed by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. 

At 72 metres and with a top speed of 15 knots, the ship is ideal for fast and long range work. Her ice class status means we can also work in polar regions.

The works that GreenPeace did to the ship:When the ship was refitted a number of improvements were made to make the ship environmentally friendly and technologically advanced.  These include:

*The removal or safe containment of all asbestos

*Fitting a special fuel system to avoid spillage

*A heating system that recycles the waste energy produced by the engines

*TBT-free hull paint

*Ammonia-based refrigeration and air-conditioning rather than climate changing and ozone depleting Freon gas

*An economic propulsion mode which limits the emission of greenhouse gases
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 15:47:41 by thebigu99 »
Thebigu99

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 15:57:55 »

How come not many people reply this topic anymore.
Thebigu99

gusten

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 16:04:48 »

Or this Swedish icebreaker which I built in model scale 1:75, construction can be seen at this link.
http://web.telia.com/~u46228556/Foto-pa-modell-Ymer-1977-eng.htm

Regards
Gusten

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 16:11:50 »

Or this Swedish icebreaker which I built in model scale 1:75, construction can be seen at this link.

Regards
Gusten

Wow that's some seriously nice ship with your permission allow me to model your ship.
Thebigu99

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 16:17:29 »

Regards
Gusten

I like that one. but what about a more classic icebreaker,  for example the ymer 1 wich was build in 1932?

maritiem

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 16:18:27 »

Wow that's some seriously nice ship with your permission allow me to model your ship.

you don't need to ask permission to him but to the swedish state, because they own all the icebreakers in Sweden.

maritiem

thebigu99

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 16:20:14 »

I like that one. but what about a more classic icebreaker,  for example the ymer 1 wich was build in 1932?

maritiem

SS could use more classical ships i'll consider modelling it.
Thebigu99

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 16:22:06 »

Its a nice ship, and very red ^_^

But I don't think it would be a good addition to  SS, just because of the scale and what not : ) But maybe VS? If you make the model for VS im sure it would be a great addition!

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 16:29:29 »

Its a nice ship, and very red ^_^

But I don't think it would be a good addition to  SS, just because of the scale and what not : )

because of the scale? I guess that the ocean star is even bigger than the yamal. I think it would be a great addition to the game. She is the most powerfull icebreaker in the world.  :angel:

maritiem

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines