Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 15:30:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: itunes gift card  (Read 785 times)

firestar12

itunes gift card
« on: December 26, 2008, 17:06:35 »

Well guys, For Christmas I got an itunes giftcard and since I don't have an Ipod (I have a regular MP3 player) I wanted to know if there was any way i can use the Itunes Gift card to put regular music on my MP3 player, I figured I would ask here because I know there are alot of people who do this kinda stuff on here. Thanks-
                          Firestar

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
Re: itunes gift card
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 17:49:08 »

You would have to open an iTunes account. I'm not sure but I think you need to have an iPod to do so. But if you don't get some songs and then find the song files on your hard drive and open them with Windows Media Player or whichever program you prefer. But this all depends on you being able to open an iTunes account without buying an iPod.

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 17:46:23 »

It's quite a coincidence, I redeemed my iTunes gift card yesterday. You need an iTunes account, it doesn't require an iPod at all. When you're signing up remember to click "None" as a payment method and then when it asks for a gift code enter the code on the back of the gift card. It took me a day to figure this out, as I was becoming quite annoyed that Apple wanted my credit card details, I never noticed the "None" button before.

Goldens2

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 19:14:01 »

However, when you purchase the music, be sure to select iTunes plus music (There should be a plus sign next to the price of the music), as the regular iTunes music has a DRM on it called FairPlay (Apple's way of stopping pirates[of the digital variety, not ship] from copying and distributing the music). FairPlay is a bag of hurt, because it won't allow you to play the music on anything else except an iPod. Just make sure you get the iTunes plus music that isn't encrypted with FairPlay.

~Jake

@Jammy: I wouldn't be too concerned about Apple wanting your credit card no. as they are a good company

P.S. If you enter your credit card no. you will be able to purchase more music once your gift card runs out of money (Or you can buy gift cards for yourself and redeem them for yourself)

P.P.S. Here is a link to the UK's iTunes plus store (all iTunes plus music)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/iTunesPlusPage
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 19:20:10 by Goldens2 »
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                 ~Wayne Gretzky

This applies to Photography too!

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 19:19:12 »

Goldens2, it's not security issues that was annoying me, it was that I don't have a credit card, nor do I own any other money giving method account, and I wasn't prepared to ask my Mum to just enter in her details. That's what was bothering me, but that's over now.

Goldens2

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 19:21:37 »

Oh, Ok, just me being confused. (happens alot lately ;))

~Jake
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                 ~Wayne Gretzky

This applies to Photography too!

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 08:56:37 »

This wont help, but i got one this year aswell. although i have an ipod so it ws actually useful to me ;)
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines