Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 18:57:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruise Ship Tragedy  (Read 3380 times)

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
Cruise Ship Tragedy
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:10:16 »

Apperently a few days ago a woman dissepeard off of the Norwegian Pearl while she was sailing throught the Carribean. They are still not sure if she commited Suicide and Jumped off or was thrown off. Kind of sad though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:35:07 by MrFlappy102 »

Kona1988

• Forum member
Re: Cruise Ship Mystery
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:16:07 »

Was in the paper and news around here today too! News and paper said she jumped herself.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 11:14:43 »

That sounds wierd. and horrible
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:18 »

Gentlemen, this is no surprise, Because Gloat was on that ship  ;D

I should now better then not to joke about serious stuff - I agree. It sounds wiered. I have heared many stories about people jumping of ports and cargo ships but not cruise ships? Didn't anyone see her go?

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Nathan|C

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 14:31:40 »

Gentlemen, this is no surprise, Because Gloat was on that ship  ;D

Was that meant to be a joke? Am i missing something or was that not at all funny?

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 16:17:30 »

Was that meant to be a joke? Am i missing something or was that not at all funny?

Think it was a bad joke!

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 16:27:25 »

When you think of all the places people commit suicide a guess a ship is rather similar to a bridge. :-\

Really is sad though. :'(
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 16:45:57 »

after seeing speed 2, i know what her last moments on earth might be, big steel rotating blades comming closer and closer...

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 16:48:07 »

I was thinking that but I wasn't sure I wanted to say it.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 17:01:13 »

I think ships could be out of fashion for that kind of life ending, because nothing can compare to this one.

Nasty!

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 06:05:49 »

You don't think she fainted when she hitted the water? It's pretty far down...

Even if she jumped from where the lifeboats are.

Personally I think something happened while she was on the cruise that caused her to jump. I mean she wouldn't have paid all that money for a carribean cruise if she was planning on commiting suicide.

matt5674

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 08:17:03 »

maybe somewhat at night when almost everyone was asleep she was on the higest most deck when some people weren't looking and jumped and no one heard the splash cause of the sounds that are louder and she could have been chopped up by the propellers of the ship

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 08:19:40 »

Or, it could even 'just' be a bizarre accident..   :-\

matt5674

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 08:20:44 »

well what ever happend to her it will remain a mystery

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 08:23:18 »

Yes I think so. Unless there is a witness, or even a killer, that has not come forth or been arrested yet.. But the sea doesn't leave much evidence, that's for sure.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 08:32:40 »

if they find the body, they could find the answer to the whole thing

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:49 »

if they find the body, they could find the answer to the whole thing

Finding the body would be near impossible, such a small thing in a massive ocean. Took them 85 years to find the titanic, what chance of they got with a body?

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:55 »

If they could know about where she fell, jumped or was push off the ship, they could see what kind off currents were there, and then find out where she would be, wouldn't that be possible?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 18:57:27 »

Arent there security cameras on Cruise Ships?

matt5674

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 22:07:19 »

Finding the body would be near impossible, such a small thing in a massive ocean. Took them 85 years to find the titanic, what chance of they got with a body?
I say around 300 years to find a body by what I think

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 00:52:31 »

remember: 85 years is just time from when Titanic sunk form whe she was discovered, it didnt take 85 years to FIND her

thanks to Washington news for the following:

The family of a Norwegian Cruise Line passenger who has been missing since Christmas said on Monday that it’s likely the woman “chose an unfortunate ending to her life,” jumping off a balcony on the cruise ship into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

On Monday, the U.S. Coast Guard suspended the search for the passenger, Florida journalist Jennifer Ellis Seitz, after covering more than 4,200 square miles of ocean off the coast of the Mexican resort of Cancun. Mexican authorities are reportedly continuing their search for another 48 hours.

In a statement issued by her family to The News Chief newspaper, it was noted that Seitz had “previous emotional issues,” although there were no signs that she was in distress during the seven-night cruise.

“Jennifer was in a very happy and uplifted mood both before and during the cruise,” the family indicated. “She was excited about starting a new job and her future career with a local newspaper. She and her husband had been talking about starting their family. The family suspects that Jennifer chose an unfortunate ending to her life. She was a beautiful and caring person and will be truly missed by all who love her.”

The passenger and her husband, Raymond Seitz, were on the Norwegian Pearl cruise celebrating their one-year anniversary.

Thanks to www.chron.com for the above quotes, for more information on this article please visit their website.

UPDATE! LOOK AT THIS! Thanks to MSNBC (ABC news)
The Coast Guard is searching for a cruise ship employee who fell overboard the Carnival Sensation about 20 miles east of Vero Beach early this morning.

The man is a member of the entertainment staff and was off-duty, according to a statement issued by Carnival. He was seen falling overboard by six crew members about 12:40 a.m., the statement said.

The cruise was returning to Port Canaveral after a four-day Bahamas cruise that started Sunday.

The man, who has not been identified by authorities or by Carnival officials, was the second person to go overboard on a cruise ship in a week. Jennifer Ellis-Seitz, 36, of Winter Haven, was reported missing from the Norwegian Pearl off Cancun, Mexico, last Friday. She has not been found, and that search has been called off.

The Carnival incident was reported to cruise officials by co-workers around 12:50 a.m. Ship personnel contacted the Coast Guard for assistance and started a search for the employee.

Coast Guard search and rescue efforts in Miami and Fort Pierce are using one plane, two helicopters, including one from Clearwater, two 87-foot cutters and a 33-foot response boat. Later today, a C-130 Hercules fixed-wing aircraft will be added, said Petty Officer Second Class James Harless.

The Norwegian Pearl returned to Miami on Sunday after its seven-day cruise to the western Caribbean. The Coast Guard reported images from a ship surveillance camera of someone falling from the ship about 8 p.m. Dec. 25. Raymond Seitz reported his wife missing shortly before 4 a.m. last Friday.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 00:59:08 by Gloat »

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 01:32:25 »

maybe somewhat at night when almost everyone was asleep she was on the higest most deck when some people weren't looking and jumped and no one heard the splash cause of the sounds that are louder and she could have been chopped up by the propellers of the ship
That's a happy thought

Gloat

• Forum member
Re: Cruise Ship Tragedy
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 02:04:27 »

maybe she fell overboard

firestar12

Re: Cruise Ship Tragedy
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 03:38:34 »

This is sad.... :'(

firestar12

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 03:43:33 »

I think ships could be out of fashion for that kind of life ending, because nothing can compare to this one.
Oh GOD. I hurt just thinking about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines