Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 05:13:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: teaser 2010  (Read 30123 times)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
Re: teaser 2010
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2008, 17:29:14 »

Maybe to put out all the fires they cause by ramming other ships??
I can imagine alot of ramming going on on SS10 MP with the greenpeace boat..
Regards,
James

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2008, 17:32:29 »

Are you saying everyone will try to destroy anything to do with greenpeace? are they hated that much? Well the answer to both those is, yes! :D
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Skull Kid

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2008, 17:42:53 »

My new monster computer I am getting for christmas will be eating my old computer and will have no problem running Ship Simulator 2010 ;D. I am soooooooooooooo getting Ship Simulator 2010, just like I got Ship Simulator 2006 and Ship Simulator 2008 :).

TerryRussell

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2008, 22:26:34 »

Are you saying everyone will try to destroy anything to do with greenpeace? are they hated that much? Well the answer to both those is, yes! :D

In that case, I may take the Greenpeace vessel onto the MP servers....

They're generally only hated by the owners of vessels that flout the various UN mandates as to what is permissible on the oceans. And by greedy fishermen currently exterinating one species of fish/cetaceous mamal or another. And owners of vessels carrying cargoes prohibited under internationally agreed protocols.

Drakko

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2008, 22:32:50 »

I hope that the ships come with more lights in the night and i hope the titanic will be there

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2008, 23:11:51 »

Titanic will be in, don't worry.

It's pretty much a constant in all the Ship Sim games ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 00:09:13 »

You know this how?  :police:

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 00:18:54 »

I can imagine alot of ramming going on on SS10 MP with the greenpeace boat..

:laugh: :laugh: lol...yeah same here ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2008, 02:18:30 »

You know this how?  :police:
Because Jason De Donno probably would have said "Hey, Vstep just drapped me and my model!" or something along those lines if suddenly his model was no longer going to be in Ship Sim ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2008, 02:33:21 »

But people within and around the developement team cannot just go and divulge information. Beta material and early stages are not spread around or talked about like that. Even if he'd de dropped, he'd have to wait untill the news is brought out there by VSTEP, before he can talk about it, unless he gets permission. It's in bad form to go and tell the public things that the developer does not want to share with the public yet.

Nathan|C

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 10:31:24 »

Can we please drop the Titanic  ::)

I'd like the developers to spend time on something we all would like. I really don't want Titanic in SS10, just to avoid the hundreds of topics we'll probably get..

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 10:35:20 »

I'd like the developers to spend time on something we all would like. I really don't want Titanic in SS10, just to avoid the hundreds of topics we'll probably get..

Nathan

I fully agree with you, this forum seems totally fixated on Titanic!! If it was dropped in SS10 people could think of more intersting topics to post on!!

Mike

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 10:55:06 »

Its got to the point were if i never read another titanic post
i will be happy                                           :-X

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 12:05:58 »

Of course, Titanic being dropped will also lead to a lack of public interest and a size those who own the game to face dissapointment.

A number of members here alone would probably turn away from the series completely!

I know that even with all these new features, if Titanic was dropped from SS10, I would not buy it, nor would I buy any future Ship Sim game without her inclusion.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 12:15:37 »

Oh please, can't you take a joke?

I don't hate greenpeace.

But I do think a lot of their actions bring human lives in danger and I am not talking about ramming other ships.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2008, 12:20:04 »

Oh please, can't you take a joke?

I don't hate greenpeace.

But I do think a lot of their actions bring human lives in danger and I am not talking about ramming other ships.

I can take a joke, Your joke was funny, my reply was another joke. You say a joke, I say one back, thats how it works ;)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2008, 12:22:43 »

Really good trailer. Hopefully this is the stage where VSTEP have realised that teasing is a good thing (as opposed to revealing lots of information, and then disappointing).

Australia, Dover and Antarctica look great, and I'd love to see a new tug or two (ASD). :)

Nathan|C

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2008, 13:45:27 »

Of course, Titanic being dropped will also lead to a lack of public interest and a size those who own the game to face dissapointment.

A number of members here alone would probably turn away from the series completely!

I know that even with all these new features, if Titanic was dropped from SS10, I would not buy it, nor would I buy any future Ship Sim game without her inclusion.

A lack of Public Interest is a small price to pay for Titanic to be removed.

Of course that was a joke.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2008, 13:53:11 »

Why should titanic go? Its the most famous liner ever, if it goes public interest will decrease and therefore Vstep may not get enough money to produce another game. Besides, its a good ship to play.

Nathan|C

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2008, 14:14:05 »

Titanic is only the "most famous liner" because it sank. I've said that before. Only a few people can play the Titanic because it requires such a good graphics card, and the development time should only really be spent on things we all would like.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2008, 14:33:57 »

I know shes only famous because she sank but shes still famous so she should still be in the game. And if only some people can actually play titanic, can you?

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2008, 14:41:24 »

Titanic is only the "most famous liner" because it sank. I've said that before. Only a few people can play the Titanic because it requires such a good graphics card, and the development time should only really be spent on things we all would like.

Correct as usual

mvsmith

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2008, 16:25:56 »

Hi Mike,

Have you ever wondered what all those Titanic fanatics actually do with her in the sim?
There are very few missions being written for her, except for the ones we routinely reject because they consist only of one or more Titanics and one or more icebergs.

Their principal activity seems to be talking about her on this forum. They don’t need her in the sim in order to do that.

Have a good Christmas Mike.
Regards,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2008, 16:28:55 »

That will make a loud "thud".

But that would be drowned out by the cheering of those of us who really don't care abut this rotting piece of steel.

Now, let's talk about something more exciting...

How about the jetski?

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2008, 16:54:17 »

Hi Mike,

Have you ever wondered what all those Titanic fanatics actually do with her in the sim?
There are very few missions being written for her, except for the ones we routinely reject because they consist only of one or more Titanics and one or more icebergs.

Their principal activity seems to be talking about her on this forum. They don’t need her in the sim in order to do that.

Have a good Christmas Mike.
Regards,
Marty

Marty

I fully agree with you, there are only a couple of people who support this ill fated ship, must be fans of Leonardo di Caprio!! They make so much noise between them that dropping the ship would be a relief to all.

After all if you look for realism in a simulator you can sail the ship from Southampton into the Atlantic and that it is, the ship in any other environment is pointless.

Happy Christmas to you too.

Mike
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines