Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 14:59:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chart Extension  (Read 1143 times)

michael880308

• Forum member
Chart Extension
« on: November 21, 2008, 16:02:19 »

Hi all
I am just wondering is there any possible to extend the chart to a full screen to the other monitor whithout a pro version
It is hard to see anything from a small chart on the top right side but I don't want to extend the chart to a full screen either, that stpos me from seeing some good scenery ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Chart Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 16:42:48 »

Hi michael880308,

If you have two monitors, then set your windows resolution to "horizontal span". So one big wide screen over your two monitors. (Or use the application that came with your grahpics card, for example. Nview or whatever you might have)

Then ingame, set the split screen option, in the graphics options. And then pick a resolution from the list that is twice the width you'd normally have, but the same height. So if you normally run 1024x768, make it 2048x768.

You may have to restart the game, I am not sure there.

But now you should have the main game view on monitor #1 and the chart on monitor #2.

Hope this is clear, if not, feel free to ask!

Regards,
Fred

michael880308

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:42:02 »

Hi fred
I am having some trouble on "horizontal span", what does this means? I am currectly using Nview(ver. 1.3.7) . I can extend my desktop to the other screen, I can also pull some windows to the other screen, but it seems like it doesn't extend the "full desktop"(include start bar, I don't know is this normal or not) and in the game I've select the split screen option but I can't pick a resolution from the list that is twice the width I've normally have(there is no this option in the list) but in the playing environment I can pull the main screen small and see another chart(in one monitor). Maybe you can tell me more details about the steeings in the part of "horizontal span"
thanks a lot
Regards,
Michael
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 15:45:46 by michael880308 »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 16:43:48 »

Hi again,

I've got a few screenshots, I'll show you what I do to make it work.

First I open the Nview control panel, and select horizontal span, from the multiple screen setup page. See image1, below. Click apply, and your desktop should extend over your two monitors now, so a double wide desktop. If you normally run at 1280x1024, it would now be 2560x1024.

Then go into the game, and go to graphics options. Now check the Split screen box, and select a similar, 'double-wide' resolution from the list. See image2.

Then apply this setting. It will switch between modes. Then your second screen will be added. You can allready move the mouse there in the menu. And when you then go ingame, you will have the main game view on one side, and the chart on the other. See image3.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Fred

michael880308

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 17:51:18 »

Thinks for the helps and screen shots
It works prefect this time. Now I can handling the ship perfectly and enjoy the beautiful scenery
Thanks a Lot Again
Regards,
Michael

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 17:56:42 »

My pleasure, Michael!

Great news.. Happy Sailing!!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines