Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 16:50:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great !! Navy Vessels  (Read 2870 times)

tonibamestre

• Forum member
Great !! Navy Vessels
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:34 »

My congratulations VStep Dev Team,at last I see that our voices have been heard. I really celebrate to have implemented a nice frigate into SS,now my question is,would not be possible to continue creating more units of these class? The range of possibilities is incredible,think for example on a Wasp LPH from the US Navy,or an Improved Nimitz CVN,Invincible class,Ticonderoga,.........
Even though we all agree this is not a combat sim,all comunity would welcome the progressive implementation of this kind of vessels and more worldwide sceneries according to them.One thing I would like to request personally,is the capability to full navigate the oceans and seas from coast to coast with online real weather-sea state.

Great job,keep on working Guys !! 

Quaysider

• Forum member
Re: Great !! Navy Vessels
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 13:30:28 »

My congratulations VStep Dev Team,at last I see that our voices have been heard. I really celebrate to have implemented a nice frigate into SS,now my question is,would not be possible to continue creating more units of these class? The range of possibilities is incredible,think for example on a Wasp LPH from the US Navy,or an Improved Nimitz CVN,Invincible class,Ticonderoga,.........
Even though we all agree this is not a combat sim,all comunity would welcome the progressive implementation of this kind of vessels and more worldwide sceneries according to them.One thing I would like to request personally,is the capability to full navigate the oceans and seas from coast to coast with online real weather-sea state.

Great job,keep on working Guys !! 

Sorry but we don't all welcome these vessels - I for one do not want warships adding, especially if that detracts from adding more merchant vessels.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 13:39:57 »

Just a sidenote here, this frigate is for SS08 Pro, not SS08, just FYI.

Fred

Second Mate

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 13:54:18 »

yeah, but its a start to a glourious future

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 14:00:23 »

Says who?

There are no plans yet to include this in the game version, or to go that way with the game version in the future at all.

Anything's possible, but let's not jump to conclusions yet, to prevent people gettig dissapointed and blaming VSTEP for not living up to promisses they never even made.  ;)

;D

Fred

tonibamestre

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 19:30:05 »

And,why dont you make 2 development teams? one dedicated to civilian and commercial naval projects and another one focused on Navies military vessels. This way both could navigate together into the same sceneries,simulating for example the scort tasks of our Navies into the Indian Ocean against the somali pirates and so on......

Come on guys,Navies at sea to protect our Freedom and our Commerce !!

;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 19:46:10 »

Yes but most navy's don't want there ships featured in a video game where you can sink them, and if it is highly detailed.

Any navy ships VSTEP model are going to have to be fictional.

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 19:52:33 »

OK Fred, let's you and I make two development teams and do what is being asked.

Please take your teams of winged demons and get them programming the SS08 version now, and I will take my angelic choir and work on the Pro version.

It's as easy as that, isn't it?

Why won't you do that?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 00:43:56 »

Why won't you do that?

;D

Possibly because - as you so rightly hinted - things don't work like that in the real world.  ;)  ;D

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:45:59 »

Hi all,

This game is from origine a simulator-game, NOT an arcade-game.

That is the attraction for most of us, old or new; let's keep it that way is my opinion !

The dynamics of a fregat could be interesting as it is a ship, but we would never be interested in the military aspects of it.

So, it is of no use to discus it here, because VSTEP did not step into that trap, in the first place.

I think, it is principle here: this is simulating navigating ships; nothing more, nothing less.

vr. gr. kind regards, Erik
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 13:55:04 »

Come on guys,Navies at sea to protect our Freedom and our Commerce !!
 ;)

Tonibamaster,
Than later do you will ask to make the canons shuting the pirates ships? The after some guys will start shuting anyone on the multiplayer and or creating war missions.

Those war fish are really owned of a great manoeuvrebility and high hydronamic and ship's interactions for deep sea and shallow waters too. and also a nice shape.

BUT,
The idea of war fish into the SS08 game version still not very confortable by so many users, we don't have pirates into the SS attacking our ship's.

Cheers

Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 15:47:50 »

I would LOVE to see a navy ship in the game.

I would hate to see working canons and stuff like that.
That would be a lot of effort wasted.

But I love the design and characteristics of navy ships.

They look beautifull, are fast and well manouverable.
That is why I would like to see one navy ship in the game.

I just want to make clear that I would like a navy ship but NO working guns.
Fast patrol ships are allso verry nice.

I think navy ships are much more beautifull then those boxy cruise ships and ferry's for wich people keep asking.
A navy ship would be something 'new'.

And, not every navy ship has weapons on it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 15:51:08 by Sam »

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 16:42:18 »

Theres no problem having navy ships in the SS08P since it's made for professional training purposes etc already stated by other in this thread. I guess the navy have their own military high-tec simulators that is 10 times better than what VSTEP have made. I don't think that this navy ship will have any great influence on the selling of the SS08P...

When it comes to the standard version STICK to what this game is supposed to be - a ship simulator.
Weapons and strategic warfare in a multi player environment is another kind of simulator already adopted in plenty of similar game titles. Who knows what the next Ubisoft Silent Hunter will bring?
What do you actually learn about these BANG BANG games? How to use a weapon...sneak attacks,..or strategic war techniques. Maybe you learn some history...some of it but that's probably just all.
How easy is it to use a gun in a FPS game compared to use the controls in a Boeing 737 cockpit  for a completely newbie? Well, the gun is quite easy...move the mouse to aim and then press the left mouse button.

So what for the cockpit then? Is that just a movement with the mouse and one-click operation? I barely don't think so. Those who have played Flight Simulator does know what i takes to fly a commercial aircraft "after the book". Now we have not come that far in Ship Simulator yet...because the controls and the command bridge is mostly static instruments that have no function at all. Besides of that the navigation system in Ship Simulator is quite simple...extremely simple....same goes for the maneuverability of the ship..quite easy!
We have not yet seen any light houses...and I cud make this list go on and on. So if VSTEP wont dive into naval warfare you already have a job to finish - to make Ship Simulator a lot more advanced for us who already have played this game for a long time now and that have a background from real sailing, maritime jobs or got educational experience/knowledge around this...because it's plenty of us in this forum that would like to see a lot more working instruments on the bridge, even better physics, better environments when it comes to navigation..all that stuff..requested on these forums dozens of times.

And to those kiddies who wants these naval ships so badly...it's dozens of them in Virtual Sailor..and they have working weapons. Do we need yet another game with the same stuff? NO!!!
Don't come here and ask for naval ships! Either you are completely blind or you have not a clue abut what game to search for! :(

And if you really believe that I'm fooling you now I can assure you that I have played MS Flight Simulator since the 2000 version, FPS shooter games like Crysis, Far Cry, strategy games like Age of Empires, dozens of PS2 games and I have been using Virtual Sailor since the 6.7 version. What game genre gives me most knowledge - the simulators of course! I don't need yet another game with blood and killing when I just can switch on my TV and see all the same.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 17:00:38 by JHB »

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 18:06:13 »

I agree with you.

Well, just sailing a ship is quite easy.

But, if you want to do it the right way, it becomes a lot more difficult.
And with that, I mean the way without scratching any paint.

On a airplane, you must keep your speed, rate of descend, altitude, throttle, flaps, airbrakes, ... in control.
That is difficult, yes. But I still don't think it is more difficult then manouvering a big ship properly.

You must allways think 5-10 minutes ahead on a ship, beceaus it reacts verry slow.

The sim still misses wind and tide.
That would make it a lot more challenging.

I find it stupid that these 'kids' allways give suggestions wich make the game 'double as realistic'.
Like, the funnels of the titanic are to dark, I would like to see persons on the bridge, ...

Realism is for me: dynamics from wind, tide and propellor. Traffic that follows the rules. Navigational equipment that works realisticly.
Those are the things wich vstep should work on, and not all those other 'stupid' features.

And I think, that a navy ship would be a great addition to the game.
If you want, you can manouver it in to port.
Or patrol the sea while going 25 knots.
That is what I like on a navy ship.

It shouldn't have the guns, I just like it for its beauty and characteristics.
A lot of navy ships are just for patrolling, taking away mines, ... wich has nothing to do with warfare or battle.

But, I don't want a aircraft carrier, it is to big and not made to manouver in a harbor.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 18:08:40 by Sam »

tonibamestre

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 18:20:27 »

I would like an Aircraft Carrier,a big one,the USS Kitty Hawk or an Improved Nimitz class why not.To be able to explore its Bridges up on the island,every inch of its Flight Deck,go downstairs to the long hangar,to the fantail till the anchors bay,visit the CIC,the Admiral quarters,......Well,in few words, a big city.
We dont need missiles and flames for that, do we gentlemen? 

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 18:41:38 »

We dont need missiles and flames for that, do we gentlemen? 

Nope indeed we do not.. but I fear we need very powerfull pc's to be able to cope with it..   :D

But it would be very nice. To sail her, walk around on her and get a feel for the mind boggling scale of such a vessel, and so on. I think it was the game Crysis, in which there was a (partly modeled) AC Carrier, I walked around on that when I played the game over at a mate's house, and although it was restricted in how far you could walk around on it, it was very detailed, and I thought to myself.... well, you can guess... ;D

Fred

tonibamestre

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 19:11:48 »

Well,in fact there is a group of mod developers from US that are building an entire warfare mod for Crysis called Battlecry Redemption.There,this Carrier you are talking about is going to be fully modeled,and so around 10 or 15 vessels from the USNavy and Soviet Navy. I wish them the best with that.
Now anyway,some kind of vessel like that would be desirable into SS I think,even a vintage one,think about a Yorktown,an Essex,Midway or the veteran Forrestal. :) ;)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 20:16:19 »

Nope indeed we do not.. but I fear we need very powerfull pc's to be able to cope with it..   :D

But it would be very nice. To sail her, walk around on her and get a feel for the mind boggling scale of such a vessel, and so on. I think it was the game Crysis, in which there was a (partly modeled) AC Carrier, I walked around on that when I played the game over at a mate's house, and although it was restricted in how far you could walk around on it, it was very detailed, and I thought to myself.... well, you can guess... ;D

Fred

That's correct. Crysis have a very detailed aircraft carrier both on single player and multi player. It's also a part of the frozen ocean in Crysis Warhead. I have them both...great FPS games ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfcWN_So_CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI9NwVPg6tE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20O-zkvsmuU

God I miss to be on board again... ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 20:21:27 by JHB »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines