Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 17:26:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to SS 08 with a quick question  (Read 693 times)

Capman

• Forum member
New to SS 08 with a quick question
« on: September 15, 2008, 12:39:21 »

I`m new to SS 08 with only just getting the sim, but I have a quick question.

I noticed in the mission list that there is mission to sail the Titanic from Southampton to New York. How long does this take as I can`t seem to find any mention of how to save the sim mid mission if it takes several hours to do.

Keith.

Captain Best

• Forum member
Re: New to SS 08 with a quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 13:20:02 »

HI CapMan.

i will guess 2-4 Hour.

i will have a look. so then i will give you better time how long time is take. maybe ;)

mvsmith

Re: New to SS 08 with a quick question
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 14:20:12 »

Hi Keith, and welcome to the forum,

First: It is best to ask questions about missions in the Missions section because that is where we look for such questions, and where others look for the answers.
When asking about a specific mission, we would appreciate the exact title because there are many missions with similar scenarios. For instance there are at least two missions taking Titanic to NY: An older mission involving an iceberg slalom, and one involving five environments.
The latter takes a minimum of 4 hours 23 minutes. If you attempt that one, I recommend reading the topic on it in the Missions section:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3758.0.html

That mission, like all others except those involving the container crane, can be saved by clicking the “Save your game “ icon in the bottom right corner of the screen—third from the right.
The best time to save is immediately after entering a new environment, as the engines are at stop.
Saving and restarting a mission can sometimes prevent your completion time from being recorded. Not all game state data is saved.

If you have any questions about Titanic 2… or any other mission, you can send me a PM.
Good luck, and have fun.
Regards,
Marty

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines