Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 08:15:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Condor Ferry  (Read 26942 times)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: Condor Ferry
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 08:21:47 »

Greetings,Stuart
You said :Lovely boats to travel on.well i never had the chance to try them out.
But i was ones on the crossing between Ramsgate to Ostend,with the Jetfoil.This vessel went fast,however it's not so a comfortable vessel.
No space to walk,infact you can compair it with a plane.
I think i should try the fastcat.It seems that there is place to walk on that vessel.Is there a bar onboard?if you have some info,i would like to recieve some than.
Regards
Marc
N

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 10:29:29 »

Morning Marc,

Yes on these vessels you can walk around and have a bar (or two!). Usually the passenger layout has two open planned decks with a cafe style bar, toilets and seating area on the lower deck and on the upper deck is a further bar, "first class cabin" and further seating areas.   It is well worth a trip on one if you get the chance.  ;D

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 04:01:05 »

how many would of you would like to see the condor ferry in shipsim?

the ship does crossing from poole weymouth and portsmouth  to the channel islands and st malo
Wow, condor ferries, It looks very like the Blue Star Ferries!

condor ferries

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 21:18:16 »

I agree having one of Condor Ferries Inccat (www.incat.com.au) High Speed Catamaran's (Condor Express or Condor Vitesse) in SS08 would be fantastic esp if the developers could add the channel islands as a new route area, the seas around Jersey & Guernsey are some of the most hazardous in the world, the approaches and harbours of St Helier & St Peter Port (St Peter Port is a much nicer harbour than St Helier!) would be good to have to Esp when trying to mavouver one of the "Cat's" into position for loading/unloading!

pwbbounce

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 14:39:47 »

as I've said in many different threads, I'd love to have Express/Vitesse and the Channel Islands in the game!!!

Please add them for the next edition of the game!!!

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 03:38:27 »

I personally think that the people asking other people to model huge vessels don't really know what goes into modeling big ships I think we should turn our attention to ships this size and smaller.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Djsmiler

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 15:53:34 »

I would love to see a condor Ferry and channel islands in the game!

Kristian01

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 11:15:09 »

yes,I would like to see it too in game!
and any type of catamaran! ;)

poozz from croatia! :D
Intel Core i7 2600K, @ OC 4.2GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
MSI GTX 580 TwinfrozerII
MSI P67A-C45
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Corsiar GS800 (800W)
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

jim.smith

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 12:31:21 »

Go for the Condor ferry.But include St Malo as well
Capt Jim ;D

Bigship93

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 21:53:18 »

IT'S GREAT! is a very very nice vessel

Capt.Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 19:57:46 »

It will be fantastic to have this type of vessel in the game. But as a former High Speed Ferry Captain, I can only hope the handling dynamics are better than Red Jet. Jet drive vessels can do magical things when it comes to ship handling. like opening the jets and walking the vessel sideways etc.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 19:59:28 by Capt.Tony »
Capt. Tony Powell
Seven Castle Shipping

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 20:20:55 »

Just a question for you thats always made me wonder...

Last year I travelled on the 'Manannan' which operates around the Isle of Man, Belfast, Heysham and Liverpool, and I noticed when pulling away from the landing stage at liverpool, when moving the sideways, the entire jets themselves were 'dunked' under the water, and then when out at sea doing high speeds, they were right up and just poking out of the water, what is the difference and why do they do this?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 20:39:03 »

I imagine that it creates less spray and wash/wake when under the water. Obviousy out at sea this does not matter and perhaps they become more effective above the water too?

I could and probably am completely wrong of course :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

wilco98

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 17:15:11 »

i love her

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 20:17:19 »

I imagine that it creates less spray and wash/wake when under the water. Obviousy out at sea this does not matter and perhaps they become more effective above the water too?

I could and probably am completely wrong of course :)

Most cats are 'sidewall hovercraft'. They scoop in air between the hulls and compress it by maaking the space underneath smaller as you get further under the stern. This compressed air 'lifts' the vessel, leaving less hull in the water and less drag. Obviously, this lifting effect is only available when the vessel is at speed, so when manoeuvring the  hull will be lower in the water than usual. The waterjets making less mess is just a bonus really.
Almost never here, try here.

banktopman

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 15:35:26 »

Yeah this would be awesome, can't wait ;D

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 13:35:14 »

how many would of you would like to see the condor ferry in shipsim?

the ship does crossing from poole weymouth and portsmouth  to the channel islands and st malo

Hi Jimmer,
            Sorry to disagree with all those " Ooh yes please`s", but I would not call this vessel a `ship`. To my mind a real ship has [or used to have] open decks around which you could walk. Unfortunately such vessels seem to have become a rarity.  Mind you, I suspect that I may well be regarded as a `dinosaur` these days.
                                                                                                                              Regards
                                                                                                                                        Ken.
 PS. I have travelled on this ferry.  Not much different from riding on a bus!
Trampshipman

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 17:11:48 »

Which Condor ferry are you talking about?

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 19:02:39 »

Which Condor ferry are you talking about?

Hi Ferry Man,
                 Poole to Guernsey/Jersey. Similar design to the `seacats` which seem to be appearing in ever greater numbers these days.  Large passenger saloon with rows of seats just like in a bus.  Miniscule `open`or outdoor space postage stamp sized with a howling gale roaring around your ears due to speed.  Also at that time [4 or 5 years back] a really bad reputation for frequent engine breakdowns. I believe that the same vessels or class of vessel are operating today on that route.

Ken. 
Trampshipman

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 19:47:11 »

Ah - probably the Condor Vitesse or Express then.

They have actually replaced the smaller Condor 10 (74m cat) with a sister of them two, the now Condor Rapide

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 22:23:24 »

Ah - probably the Condor Vitesse or Express then.

They have actually replaced the smaller Condor 10 (74m cat) with a sister of them two, the now Condor Rapide

Hi,
  Now that you`ve mentioned it, I do remember the name.  You`re right, it was the Condor Express. !
Regards,
Ken.
Trampshipman

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:25 »

Hi Jimmer,
            Sorry to disagree with all those " Ooh yes please`s", but I would not call this vessel a `ship`. To my mind a real ship has [or used to have] open decks around which you could walk. Unfortunately such vessels seem to have become a rarity.  Mind you, I suspect that I may well be regarded as a `dinosaur` these days.
                                                                                                                              Regards
                                                                                                                                        Ken.
 PS. I have travelled on this ferry.  Not much different from riding on a bus!

Just to say, ive been on this vessel as well, there are some outside deck areas, small, but they are there.

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:07 »

Most cats are 'sidewall hovercraft'. They scoop in air between the hulls and compress it by maaking the space underneath smaller as you get further under the stern. This compressed air 'lifts' the vessel, leaving less hull in the water and less drag. Obviously, this lifting effect is only available when the vessel is at speed, so when manoeuvring the  hull will be lower in the water than usual. The waterjets making less mess is just a bonus really.

Hmm sounds like thats why!

Funky stuff eh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines