Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 16:18:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Cruiser is this?  (Read 4058 times)

The Captain

• Forum member
Re: Which Cruiser is this?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 15:41:38 »

WOW. Just look at the diffrence in picture. And that is why we encourage you to get google Earth instead ;D.

Apoigies from me der Bandit. I have never heard of the name Virtual Earth before and I thought you were mixing it up with google Earth :-[. Is it a forign software? Is that why I have never heard of it?

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 15:44:57 »

its from microsoft i think. i have a feeling its even older than google earth :-\

DerBandit

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 15:56:02 »

Yes it's from M$ and the good Quality pics you have in the Birds Eye view. Those are much more detailed then the ones in Google Earth. The one in my screenshot is a good example and it was not yet the closed distance possible.

The pictures for the birds eye view are made by a plane wit high resolution cams passing the areas in different directions. That's why you actually can see objects from different sides.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 15:58:33 by DerBandit »
Es grüßt

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 21:17:18 »

Hi DerBandit,
Virtual Earth from M$, (I'm not a fan of MicroSoft, I put up with their software because it is used world wide, (I have seen better windows systems)), is free to download but you need an authentic XP/Vista installed.

It is good but some of the areas are older than others, if you look at the image below you will see that the Millenium Tower in Portsmouth, (which was started in about 2002), the footings are there but that is all. There is probably a 5 year gap between the two areas.

There are only a few areas that have the Birdseye view available. If you go outside of a major city or town then there are not that many.

I like it and use it all the time for finding routes to places that I don't know. I also use it to look at areas suggested in the SS08 forum as a place that should be included like The Thames and Liverpool.

Regards, Dave

Sorry, I had to edit this post as the pictures were over the memory limit
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 21:30:25 by Dave M »
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 21:33:10 »

Here is the other picture that I wanted to include in the last post.

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines