Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:13:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add on packs  (Read 3877 times)

gunwharf

• Forum member
Add on packs
« on: July 17, 2007, 00:00:25 »

Just had an idea

Why don't VSTEP create add on packs for various scenary like MS Flight SIm does. YOu could have North Sea V1.0 which would include Hawich - Hook of Holland or English Channel West which would include Portsmouth/Cherberg, St Malo etc with the appropriate ships.

Flog it for £15 a go and jobs a goodun!!

mporter

• Forum member
Re: Add on packs
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 00:20:25 »

Good idea, but probably lack of staff and time is why they don't --at least not now.  I think that eventually it will be possible for users to model areas/harbors and then we will see more of htem.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 17:07:49 »

well right now they are adding more scenery in the game for free so why bring that up. They are already working as hard as they can for what we are getting with the game.
Ich hasse dich.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 19:03:50 »

I think add ons like thease need to be done by other companys leaving vstep free to better the sim and fix any bugs that we find and why just stick to new areas how about pro versions of ships with radar and auto pilot etc etc and improved weather and waves ie being able to have real weather

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 00:36:25 »

well right now they are adding more scenery in the game for free so why bring that up. They are already working as hard as they can for what we are getting with the game.

You can't expect them to add in too much free- they are running a business...

As for development time. Until the main engine is sorted fully, I agree. But maybe (if there's an economic case) they can turn their attention to developing add ons.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

klompie

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:04 »

Or make it like MS FS where you can add planes and scenery made by other users... as much as you want

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:58:13 »

also a nice idea indeed, but the program to make models for shipsim (quest3d, 3d studio max ect.) is for proffesional users, i can handle 3d studio max  ;D

Timbo

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 12:42:43 »

also a nice idea indeed, but the program to make models for shipsim (quest3d, 3d studio max ect.) is for proffesional users, i can handle 3d studio max  ;D

Hi All,
       Take a look at this link on the forum,great idea thanks V Step you got my vote.

Cheers Timbo  :) :)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1071.0.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 13:50:52 by Timbo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines