Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:36:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video of the North Star..?  (Read 1213 times)

Chrystine

• Forum member
Video of the North Star..?
« on: November 07, 2008, 22:46:33 »

Greetings all,

I’ve spent … well – countless hours now over the past several days, watching every ‘video’ I can find of SS 2008 – ‘Official Trailers’ as well as the scores from Users found on You Tube.
  The one I’ve been searching for however, seems conspicuously absent.(?)

Does anyone know of any such video of the North Star?
  ( Love the Screenshots, but would love to see a nicely done video of her as well if there is one ).

I’ll be most grateful for any helpful replies…

Best regards,
   Chrystine

Timbo

• Forum member
Re: Video of the North Star..?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 13:00:38 »

Hi Chrystine,
                 Found this one myself never seen this one very good,also you will like NH as they are some great ships on there.

Cheers Timbo  :) :) :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3HhrhpcV4Gs
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 13:07:46 by Timbo »

Nathan|C

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 13:03:38 »

Hi Chrystine,

I have made a few videos of SS2008 featuring the Northern Star.

You can view my videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyCars552

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 16:59:36 »

Hi Timbo,

Thanks very much!
  That’s just what I had been looking for & wishing to see – great soundtrack as well & the video on the whole quite tastefully composed.

Very kind of you to reply and share the link.
   I’m sure NH is worth the little investment and have no doubt I’ll be doing that as soon as I see that all is well & good with the SS 2008 installation.

Many thanks again!

Hi Nathan,

My thanks to you also.
  I watched all your videos there but, am I missing something?  I saw nothing showing or dealing with the North Star at all, save one very-fleeting image from external camera view that lasts about 2.2 seconds in one of the composite clips. (?)

Maybe I’ve missed something though..?

I will say I quite like your video of the Ocean Star – tastefully and artfully shot with a nice background score.  I can see you have good artistic sensibility.  If I may say it, you should keep doing those sort of projects and further develop & refine that sensibility – I see in your little collection of work there, an admirable store of potential for some truly Masterful pieces.
  Forgive me saying it so – I don’t mean to sound pompous or ‘preachy’ or such.
  I merely voice an observation, my thoughts and opinion.

My thanks again to both!  Much appreciated.

Best regards,
  Chrystine

Nathan|C

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 17:09:05 »

Hi Nathan,

My thanks to you also.
  I watched all your videos there but, am I missing something?  I saw nothing showing or dealing with the North Star at all, save one very-fleeting image from external camera view that lasts about 2.2 seconds in one of the composite clips. (?)

Maybe I’ve missed something though..?

I will say I quite like your video of the Ocean Star – tastefully and artfully shot with a nice background score.  I can see you have good artistic sensibility.  If I may say it, you should keep doing those sort of projects and further develop & refine that sensibility – I see in your little collection of work there, an admirable store of potential for some truly Masterful pieces.
  Forgive me saying it so – I don’t mean to sound pompous or ‘preachy’ or such.
  I merely voice an observation, my thoughts and opinion.

My thanks again to both!  Much appreciated.

Best regards,
  Chrystine

Hi Chrystine,

I'm very glad you enjoyed my videos, i've spent a while on those! Sorry if i got your expectations up, the most you'll see of the Northern Star in my videos is in "SS Furie - Ship Simulator 2008" which shows some of the interior (wheelhouse i think) That video was made by me and my good friend IRI5HJ4CK.

About the Ocean Star vid - which one was that? I think i have a couple with shots of that ship,

Again, thank you for the nice comments on my videos, more will come shortly!

Regards,

Nathan

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 18:39:25 »

Hi Nathan,

“Sorry if i got your expectations up…”

:)  ..No, no worries…  I just went to look, expecting only to see the North Star shot one way or another.
  Unfortunately, that’s the one video/link that only plays the message: We’re sorry, this video is no longer available: - so I wasn’t able to view it.

“About the Ocean Star vid - which one was that?”

Sorry, I should’ve been more specific.
  [ ‘Of course’ ;) ] I mean the one titled: Ship Simulator Ocean Star Mini Cruise.  Rod S. singing ‘Sailing’ in the background.
  Just to say it again, it’s in toto an exceptionally well-executed video in my humble opinion.  Very tastefully done & with a number of very artfully conceived shots blended together in fine style.  The slow pass under the bow is superb.
  On my first viewing of it, I couldn’t help wonder whether anyone else has ever noticed how from that ‘head-on-bow’ angle, looking up in that way, the bow has the Very majestic shape and appearance of a great baleen whale – like a Blue-or Humpback … (head up, as if breaching).

A truly lovely ship, well ‘filmed.’  It’s a clip well worth watching.
  I’ve watched it numerous times now – just went and watched it again…  :)

Thanks again!

Best regards,
  Chrystine

P.S.  You’re of course more than welcome for my humble opinions…

Nathan|C

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 19:13:47 »

Hi Chrystine,

That isn't my video! I think you are looking in my favourites! That one was made by ShipAddict up above!

I can take the credit, if you want  ;D

Nathan

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 19:29:19 »

Gee-wiz Nathan …

What are you saying?  I’m also supposed to be ‘paying attention?’
  Gosh n’ golly …  Right you are of course – hey there it is right to the right-side: “More From: SSShipAddict.”

I’m going to try to become literate someday ….

Well, no I think one of you fine fellows who are expert at operating the heavy crane ought try shift this one over to ShipAddict’s dock …
  ..Pretty-please..?   :)

I must say that casts the video in an even more developed light though – since I already have foot-in-mouth, perhaps I can add – it shows (IMO) a quantum step forward in video production, viewed in relation to numerous of S.A.’s earlier pieces….
  Refinement of artistic sensibility is a beautiful thing to behold in its own right.

Kudos ShipAddict!
  ..&nd I ask both please pardon my error …

Best regards,
   Chrystine

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines