Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:37:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Mods  (Read 3129 times)

Reece

• Forum member
Sound Mods
« on: June 11, 2008, 15:07:21 »

Hi, that is the one thing as well as the lack of people that could do with some improvements IMO, Strolling around the Titanic is too quiet, would be nice to hear some ship noises, I was going to edit the radio chatter to ambient ship noises but the problem is the same noise is heard in the speed boat, no good having creaking ship noises here!! ;D I am going to edit the external sounds, much too quiet! also some of the sounds suffer from bad clipping, such as the Titanics horn, I have found an almost identical one without the clips, much better, although the movie version does sound awesome, has anyone else done mods in this area, no use reinventing the wheel! :D
Sub captains go down with their ship!

lilfirefighterbailey

• Forum member
Re: Sound Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 22:22:20 »

has anyone else done mods in this area

Hi Reece,

Believe it or not, one of our moderators has created some mods, nothing extreme like new ships but has created new horn and radio sounds for all vessels. The new horn pack is great and is also an exe file (excecutable). So it installs itself.

You can go http://217.45.209.217/cgi-bin/creators/entry.pl

You have to register but read the instructions once you go to that link.

Hope this has helped and i agree with the Titanic theory about better sounds. ;D

Kind Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Founder And Editor
SSN Project Team Founder And Leader
Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Admin/Founder

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 22:54:48 »

I have Studied The site but cannot find any reference to Aplications, can anyone help Please
Anthony (Simaddict)

lilfirefighterbailey

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 23:29:13 »

Hi Sim Addict,

Are you logged in as 'Visitor', If so this is why.

When you first visit the site, you are prompted to register and once done, you should recieve an email confirming your details.

If it is not in your inbox then it is worth checking your 'Junk' Mail.

Once your details have been sent to you and confirmed you can then apply via the 'Applications' Button.

If you have not recieved an email and you are sure it is nowhere then PM Terry Russell as he is the site creator.

Kind Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Founder And Editor
SSN Project Team Founder And Leader
Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Admin/Founder

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 23:51:29 »

The site was being updated, and the Applications section was turned off for a while.

It's back on now.

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15:42 »

I wonder how long it takes before they reply (that's a hint Terry), oh well I may as well go make myself some vegemite sandwiches in the meantime! ;) Are there any new sounds in the expansion packs? :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:30:11 by Reece »

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 09:08:12 »

I wonder how long it takes before they reply (that's a hint Terry), oh well I may as well go make myself some vegemite sandwiches in the meantime! ;) Are there any new sounds in the expansion packs? :-\

Hi Reece.

Well, it does say that it is a manual process. But the section was only switched off for about 45 minutes. It was back on 5 hours before you replied (see above).

Did you apply then? Otherwise why/how would you be considered for membership?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:10:21 by TerryRussell »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15:02 »

Hi Reece.

Well, it does say that it is a manual process. But the section was only switched off for about 45 minutes. It was back on 5 hours before you replied (see above).

Did you apply then? Otherwise why/how would you be considered for membership?  ;D

I have applied but they never replied back   :(, they said that it takes a couple of days and so far it has been almost a week ( day 5).

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 09:24:01 »

Hi Third mate.

Can you PM me and let me know the user name that you applied for? I know that all applications have been dealt with within a couple of hours of receipt.

We have had a couple of people who complained that they hadn't had a reply, but when I checked, they had been accepted within a few minutes. They then looked in their spam filter and found it had been there for a week!

But as a general rule, chaps, can you send me a message if you have any questions? I don't want this thread to turn into something about another site.

Thanks.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:34:45 »

Hi Third mate.

Can you PM me and let me know the user name that you applied for? I know that all applications have been dealt with within a couple of hours of receipt.

We have had a couple of people who complained that they hadn't had a reply, but when I checked, they had been accepted within a few minutes. They then looked in their spam filter and found it had been there for a week!

But as a general rule, chaps, can you send me a message if you have any questions? I don't want this thread to turn into something about another site.

Thanks.

Sure Terry, SPAM!?.... oh boy i have a bad feeling inside me.... :-X

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

SirXpression

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 10:50:25 »

you mean like....this....
That Damn Scotsman

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 11:44:00 »

Well Terry, All systems are working within normal parameters! ;D I'm in. 8)
Oh and just to upset you, I have the full STNG collection including all the movies on DVD! ::) :D
Edit: Couldn't find any sound related mods only missions! :( .... Found it - Freebies! ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:53:25 by Reece »

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 12:43:53 »

Thanks Terry, the sound mods are a vast improvement! ;D
An observation: On the smaller vessels such as a rescue boat, walking around the deck has sound! :) you would think you should be able to with Titanic, funny how some of the xml scripts read ok and others are a mess of errors. ??? :(

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 15:06:46 »

Thanks Terry, the sound mods are a vast improvement! ;D
An observation: On the smaller vessels such as a rescue boat, walking around the deck has sound! :) you would think you should be able to with Titanic, funny how some of the xml scripts read ok and others are a mess of errors. ??? :(

Hi Reece.

I think that the Titanic is actually about correct. On the original, the engines were designed to be very quiet. You have to remember that you are a long long way from the engine room when you go walkabouts and the sound might have been that low in real life. Probably the Ship SImulator version is not far from the truth.

Reece

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 16:18:00 »

Oh if only there was a sound for it though, I would make a 10 minute loop of creaking, wind gusts, clanking, engine/pump noises, a bang every now and then etc etc, would be great, even if a little more than reality, dead silence is too unrealistic to me, pity there's no people but there ya go.
I just had a go with the super tanker in rough sea, I headed straight for an oil platform, by gum they don't respond very quickly! :D  And yes I hit it! and the tanker slowly sank, damn it looked good, bow first, about 40 degrees down angle! ;D Forgot to take snaps didn't I! ::)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 13:04:18 »

I may be wrong here, but I was under the belief that these sounds that Terry made would come in a patch soon. Will that still be happening, or do you have to join the site to get them?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 13:07:30 »

Hiya Jayshum :)

That is still happening.  Should be available soon :)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 14:18:38 »

The whole idea behind big passenger vessels was that they should be as quiet as it was possible to make them. Funnily enough, talking cargo happen to like peace and quiet, and the "Titanic" was about as quiet as they come. Old fashioned steam engines ARE very, very quiet. It is the modern motor vessels, be they diesel electric or just plain diesel that are noisy ::).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 14:20:13 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 14:21:10 »

Hi Jayshum.

As DJM says, the sound pack will be out soon, very soon. The Vstep collection will be an update on the ones available via the Creator's site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines