Hello Guest October 06, 2024, 23:47:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Web Host  (Read 1386 times)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
My Web Host
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:10:10 »

WOW!

The site will keep you up-to-date with simpler information. Please check there. [June 1st, 2008 @ 2:05PM CPT]

As of this morning, ETA remains this evening and even into Monday morning. At this point, I'm unsure with the current events occurring at the data center. [June 1st, 2008 @ 10:32AM CPT]

All-In-One Notice from our host: "This evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room. Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost.

We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department.

This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site. Our initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Rest assured we are working around the clock.

We are in the process of communicating with all affected customers. we are planning to post updates every hour via our forum and in our customer portal. Our interactive voice response system is updating customers as well.

There is no impact in any of our other five data centers.

I am sorry that this accident has occurred and I apologize for the impact." [May 31, 2008 @ 10:56PM CPT]

We are awaiting a status update from the host. They are currently in a meeting deciding what to do. [May 31, 2008 @ 10:00PM CPT]

Notice from our host: "Today at approximately 5:45 p.m., a transformer in our H1 data center in Houston caught fire (gasp!), thus requiring us to take down all generators as instructed by the fire department. All servers are down. Teams are working on resolving the issue." ETA remains at 12-48 hours. [May 31, 2008 @ 8:42PM CPT]

Data center is experiencing electrical issues. It has been said a fire broke out in the main electrical area of the data center. Downtime ETA could be up to 12-48 hours. [May 31, 2008 @ 7:28PM CPT]

Network issue identified. Hardware intact. [May 31, 2008 @ 6:33PM CPT]

Possible hardware failure identified [May 31, 2008 @ 6:24PM CPT]

Unknown issue taking place [May 31, 2008 @ 6:05PM CPT]

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: My Web Host
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 21:05:28 »

We are currently being moved to another data center. ETA remains at this afternoon. [June 3rd, 2008 @ 1:27PM CPT]

Backup generator failed. They are installing a new one. ETA this afternoon. [June 3rd, 2008 @ 12:43PM CPT]

We are online with backup generators. We will be moving hosts in the next 24 hours. [June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:18PM CPT]

An enhanced update was sent to us and has been posted on the main site's outage page. Refer to that for detailed information on the outage. Until tomorrow, I'm out. [June 2nd, 2008 @ 12:43AM CPT]

Their generators failed XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines