Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:26:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH thank you  (Read 1615 times)

gzerovti

• Forum member
NH thank you
« on: April 07, 2008, 19:16:20 »

Just received the NH add on by post and installed it immediately.

Thank you VStep for the superb new scenery/port of Padstow, new missions and the new vessels.

Well worth waiting for.

Thanks again.

Terry
A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner

thassos

• Forum member
Re: NH thank you
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 22:31:54 »

The scenery around Padstow is very well modelled and the harbour is very good.   A river area for small boats is a nice change but missions in this area will be limited to leisure, rescue and fishing.
I feel that a stretch of Cornish coast where there are several harbours within short distances would have been better so that you could sail from one harbour to another.
However, it is done now and I suppose that the only hope is that VSTEP might extend the environment to include some of the neighbouring areas.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:58:28 »

Greetings,
Maybe,they will extend it in the future.
Look what they are doing with Port of Rotterdam,in the beginning you could only sail untill 'Erasmusbridge',now you can go further.
I think it's a good system,to extend it in parts.The reason why i say this is that it's a hell of a job to make scenery.On the end it will get further and further,untill the whole area has been made.
I love this idea.
Marc
N

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 14:17:49 »

It would be good if they extended to Port Isaac as that would give 2 small harbours to sail to.

Just a little smile for you about Port Isaac.  We once went there when on holiday and decided to stay for the local brass band concert.  The RNLI were watching over the "car park" which was the harbour at low tide.
When taking my donation to the old salt at the entrance I asked how long the  harbour would stay dry as I didn't want to come back to find my car floating about.  he looked at the harbour then he looked at me and said in all seriousness "Oh no sir.  They doan't flo_at"
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

TJK

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 08:03:33 »

Just received the NH add on by post and installed it immediately.

Thank you VStep for the superb new scenery/port of Padstow, new missions and the new vessels.

Well worth waiting for.

Thanks again.

Terry
just got it in the mail today, and i are 1000% agree with Terry here, it's fantastic  :) tanks V-Step and no i can hawe more fun ;D to the next com ship simulator 09?  :)
TJK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines