Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:19:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Specific controls - Where does it say how they work?  (Read 1709 times)

BrianG

• Forum member

Many ships have differrent controls which is as it should be with a simulation. Some are fairly obvious but where do I find out how the others function. For instance on the mission 'Fast craft sightseeing in Hamburg' it shows two joystick controls. How do they work and what is the differrence between the left and the right.

I suggest these details be shown when the CONTROL icon is clicked.

I appreciate that cursor keys can be used but I prefer to learn more about real ship controls.
BrianG
I only see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants - Isaac Newton

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Specific controls - Where does it say how they work?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 14:16:47 »

This one is quite simple! You have one joystick for each waterjet, the left one for port side, the other for starboard side. You can use them each per each for manoeuvring or in combination whilst on journey. In real life, this one works another way. Both water jets are controlled electronical and you can change between manoeuvring and sea going mode. I prefer to cut them in twice by means of the precision steering. That allows me to use one of the water jet for steering and the other for reducing the speed when I berth the craft.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

BrianG

• Forum member
Re: Ship Specific controls - Where does it say how they work?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 15:18:39 »

This one is quite simple! You have one joystick for each waterjet, the left one for port side, the other for starboard side. You can use them each per each for manoeuvring or in combination whilst on journey. In real life, this one works another way. Both water jets are controlled electronical and you can change between manoeuvring and sea going mode. I prefer to cut them in twice by means of the precision steering. That allows me to use one of the water jet for steering and the other for reducing the speed when I berth the craft.

Cheers

Thanks. BrianG
I only see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants - Isaac Newton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines