Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 19:26:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What type of Fishing boats Would you want If Vstep were to add them to Shipsim

Creel Boats
- 7 (9.2%)
Seine Netter
- 10 (13.2%)
Drifter/ side trawler
- 16 (21.1%)
Stern trawler
- 41 (53.9%)
Other [State Witch]
- 2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Boats/Ships  (Read 2435 times)

Saphire

• Forum member
Fishing Boats/Ships
« on: October 17, 2007, 17:38:19 »

I just wondererd What boats people would want in shipsim.

Teamspeak member!

fletcher

• Forum member
Re: Fishing Boats/Ships
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 21:22:55 »

I don't know anything about the different types of fishing boats, besides what I see on the water in Rhode Island. I do, however, think that adding a fishing boat would be a great addition. It would allow for a completely new style of mission.

CPT Patrick

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 20:12:25 »

I would like eberybody if it could be possible..:P
but if I must choose I dont really know:P
but it would be cool if the steerhouse is so realistic as possible inside:)
and we could use the searching lights on top:D
that would be COOOL ;D :D

CPT Patrick

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 20:17:21 »

I forget something..:P
I'm not sure witch type of boat it is but a crab boat like them on deadliest catch would be cool:)

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 05:36:08 »

Hello all,

There's many topics about what kind of ship do you like in the SS?

Visit this link too:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,938.450.html

This kind of discussion a bit repetitive into the forum nowadays off course helpfully.

I just wondering what really gonna be added by VSTEP?

Cheers
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 22:28:29 »

More fishing boats would be great. Even though they might not be controllable. A handful of 'low' poly-models would add greater variation to the missions.

When I'm on duty, how mysteriously it may sound, there is always a handful of fishing vessels in my way. It doesn't matter which waters I'm in or what time it is. They are always there and they never look the same.  ;D

Perhaps this is a realistic task for some of the talented modellers on the forum?  ;)

Regards
groennegaard
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 22:39:02 by groennegaard »

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 22:51:44 »

Hi Groennegaard.

Here in Selsey, the local Lifeboat Crew might tell you stories of how it is that whenever they go to the rescue of a boat, there is always a fisherman nearby claiming that he is entitled to salvage rights because he has dropped his nets, burnt gallons and gallons of fuel  and lost thousands of pounds of catch going to the rescue of that vessel in distress. They will also tell you that it doesn't matter if the resuce is taking place off the Shetland Isles, Cornwall, Dover or France its always the same fisherman;D

That aside, it would be very good to have some proper lifeboats. Arun Class 42 foot vessels would be good. If they could be launched down a lifeboat ramp from the Lifeboat House (as we have inSelsey), that would be fantastic!

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 23:01:10 »

I just wondererd What boats people would want in shipsim.

Speaking of fishing ships and trawlers, i have a topic on Ship Sim about that. It's called "Sea Shepard" and it is located in the "Development corner" in the form, and its a vessel that i have made, well my first vessel actually that i ever made. And yes it is a trawler, well not sure if it is a stern trawler but anyway.And if you like old and rusty trawlers you will like this one :)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Saphire

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 19:56:50 »

Speaking of fishing ships and trawlers, i have a topic on Ship Sim about that. It's called "Sea Shepard" and it is located in the "Development corner" in the form, and its a vessel that i have made, well my first vessel actually that i ever made. And yes it is a trawler, well not sure if it is a stern trawler but anyway.And if you like old and rusty trawlers you will like this one :)

Great!

Teamspeak member!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines