Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 03:34:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hovercraft Controls  (Read 2829 times)

fletcher

• Forum member
Hovercraft Controls
« on: October 16, 2007, 22:31:35 »

A few questions... what is the significance of that black knob that rotates those vents, just for looks, or what? What does the far left ignition key do, and what about that throttle below it, "high idle" I think it says? What do they all do?

Thanks  ;D

mvsmith

Re: Hovercraft Controls
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 00:21:53 »

The forward thrusters rotated by the black knob allow you to steer, and to back off the beach.
Think of them as a bow thruster. Remember that you are driving a hockey puck. Steering with the after fan vanes causes you to skid. For more controlled steering at low speed, the thruster might work better for you.
The leftmost throttle is for the skirt fan. Use it to lift for movement and to sit down to stop on the beach.
The idle position lifts but reduces the flow to the forward thrusters.

fletcher

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 00:59:12 »

Ah, thank you! I assumed the throttle had something to do with the skirt, but I wasn't too sure.  :)

bobiow

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 21:27:48 »

Living on the Isle of Wight I use this Hovercraft on a regular basis. Once the skirt is inflated the forward
vents will turn the vessel easily off the concrete landing pad in all but the worst weather at slow speed.

The pilot will sometime make use of the port or starboard rear prop just to keep it under control.

Hope this helps.

Bobiow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines