Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 14:30:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Way point on dry land!  (Read 2071 times)

struggler

• Forum member
Way point on dry land!
« on: December 11, 2012, 13:55:50 »

Hello
When I get as far as the actual docking of Oceana in "Marseille docking with Oceana", I find that the pale green way point star on the chart is in fact on dry land (yellow) some distance from the sea, and completely unattainable.   Any advice gratefully received, please.

Struggler

clanky

• Forum member
Re: Way point on dry land!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 16:31:46 »

Walk?

struggler

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 00:59:11 »

Very slightly amusing, Clanky.   However I do need to know if this strange phenomenon could have been caused by an error on my part, or by a faulty download, or by a known bug in the system, or whatever.   I would be most grateful for any constructive comments please!

Struggler

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:22:24 »

This reminds me of an SS2008 custom mission by mvsmith set in Marseille, called 'prisoner transfer puzzle' whereby the way-point was on dry land.  The mission utilised an 'undocumented feature' (bug) in the program to sail through a solid wall to complete the mission.  The puzzle was to work out how and where?
We're all buddies in boats

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 18:13:42 »

Hi struggler,
I have just played this mission through again to check for you. The final waypoint for "Oceana" is shown on the attached picture. If your waypoint is not there then I can only assume that your download of the mission is corrupted somehow. That being the case, try deleting the mission and re-download it again, which usually solves this kind of problem.

Regards,
Traddles
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

struggler

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 18:58:16 »

Thank you for your message, Traddles.   I have tried your suggestion of deleting and re-downloading this mission but the unwanted waypoint is still there right from the start of the mission.   I suppose I could try deleting SSE completely and reloading, but is it worth the bother?   I don't think so!

Thanks once again

Struggler

struggler

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 23:46:33 »

Hello

I am coming back to this topic because I have, after all this time re-run this mission successfully and i now know the very simple reason for the problem, which is that I deployed the wrong craft from Oceana to take passengers into Marseilles harbour, which mistake obviously upset the system.   As  none of your contributors mentioned this I though it worthwhile to send this little postscript.

Paul

kathy4691

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 13:13:00 »

The green waypoint marker that you saw on land was a point entity associated with one of the photo-ops. It is used in a “Photo – Taken Photo Contains Entity” condition to check whether a photo has been taken. Normally the point is set invisible right after the photo is taken.
It is possible for there to be more than one “waypoint” marker visible on the chart at one time. The last one to be made visible will control the CTW and the small open circle on the conning circle.
The mission is unlocked, so you can open it in the editor to see how your choice of a deployable might have left that point visible at the end. When you tried to dock, did you have the marker on the conning circle enabled? The middle button below the conning circle should be red to enable that marker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines