Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 22:37:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M/S Estonia  (Read 2634 times)

IzGORetyna

• Forum member
M/S Estonia
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:41:39 »

Hello all!
Soon it's gonna be 20 years since M/S Estonia sank in bad weather in the Baltic sea in 1994. Any chance of Estonia DLC? That would be something...

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: M/S Estonia
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:11 »

Hi
To put it simply no there will not .

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 12:31:21 »

Hi
To put it simply no there will not .

Thats a bit harsh  :doh:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:49:55 »

Hi
I apologize it was not meant to be So many members think a D.L.C can be
just done and not that it takes months to plan and put together and the time
work +money involved.
                                                                                           Eric

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 17:38:25 »

If Vstep released a ADK (addon development kit) they wouldn't need to make DLC's. After all, they have already made the tools...

In relation to the "Estonia" DLC request, I hope there won't be one. I know this sounds harsh, but an awful lot of people lost there lives when the Estonia went down, and I feel it wouldn't be morally correct to release a DLC to commemorate a ship that took so many people to their grave.
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 18:47:03 »

There are many other large ferries that look identical (not exactly- just in terms of size) to Estonia, but are from a different company.

As we just had a DLC on ferries, i dont think vstep will be looking forward to realeasing any more this year. (not for ferries, but maybe something else)

Although ferries do seem to be quite popular around the shipsim community and it would be great if we could have some other ferries, particulary one that can suit the Dover-Calais enviroment  :-\

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 21:21:07 »

If Vstep released a ADK (addon development kit) they wouldn't need to make DLC's. After all, they have already made the tools...

In relation to the "Estonia" DLC request, I hope there won't be one. I know this sounds harsh, but an awful lot of people lost there lives when the Estonia went down, and I feel it wouldn't be morally correct to release a DLC to commemorate a ship that took so many people to their grave.

Couldn't agree more with both of those points, considering how many youtube videos there are of "hurr durr, look how I made ship x sink", I would hate to see anything similar with a ship where so many lost their lives.

I realise that the OP's request was more in line with the idea that it would be a fitting tribute, but I think it would be inappropriate.

I love Jelly Otter :)

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 21:31:25 »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 13:46:39 by I love Jelly Otter :) »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:51 »

Whilst I agree with Danny and Clanky totally on the subject of morbid fascination with ships that became coffins, I am reminded of a certain ship in this "simulator" series by the name of tita..zzz...n...i...c which even had a "can you dodge the iceberg (lettuce?)" mission. So good taste is an afterthought.

PS on the vs forum there IS a sort-of Estonia if anyone really wants it. I believe there's even a version of it lying on its side under 5,000 tonnes of concrete and a Navy submarine standing guard to keep away "sightseers"
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 17:02:28 »

Hi
I apologize it was not meant to be So many members think a D.L.C can be
just done and not that it takes months to plan and put together and the time
work +money involved.
                                                                                           Eric

Just throwin' the ball around here but maybe the Ship Sim Team should launch a Kickstarter project so we (the community) can personally fund some DLC. It allows for personal opinion in DLC to be voiced directly. With Kickstarter you can award "prizes" to people who donate certain designated amounts of money set by the developers and lets say if you pay 20 Euro or over, you get the DLC for free when it comes out. The best part is, if the project isn't successful, everyone gets their donations back, so really, its the community that decides the DLC. Also, VSTEP wouldn't have to worry about the money situation because they would get it right then. Major video game developers use it all the time to fund DLC and sometimes even games, so its legitimate. Bottom line is: Everybody wins. Phewww, that was a lot. Anyone else agree??

http://www.kickstarter.com/ (http://www.kickstarter.com/)
www.shipsimuscg.webs.com
http://pctrs.yolasite.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines