Hello Guest September 23, 2024, 20:22:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Recommendations  (Read 1431 times)

MelyMuniz

• Forum member
Ship Sim Recommendations
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:10:26 »

Hey everyone. I have been playing Ship Sim Extreme for a little while now. And I have joined a few servers and said to people, "who thinks the game should have more ships?" And almost everyone said they do. I had some ideas for those new ships. The ideas are:

Aircraft Carrier
Battleship
Submarine

Basically just NAVY ships. These ships may not be added but please remember they are just ideas. Hope you guys like these ideas.
Im a girl. Not a guy. ;)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: Ship Sim Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 02:35:27 »

great ideas, theres already some unplayable navy ships, i don't think it would be to hard to make them available player ships.

but a submarine... that might not work. if we want to go underwater, there would have to be graphics there too and that would lag alot of computers.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 02:38:19 »

Hello MelyMuniz,

Take the idea of adding the USS Nimitz to Ship Simulator;
the problem is that VSTEP must ask the US navy to add their ship in this simulator. But since this is a simulation mend for peace simulations, there is a low chance of the ship being added to SS.

Also an important factor, is that there are some people sinking the ship and put it on YouTube in most cases, so I don't think any shipping line or navy likes to see their ship sinking (can also mean hatred to them).

As for a submarine; I think that won't be a good idea, since the environments would need a full underwater interior which will be a huge graphic consumer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:39:56 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

*M*A*S*

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 17:07:48 »

Leave it to the jokers attack post sinking of ships on YouTube to ruin it for everyone.  But I also agree. Submarines on shipsim? Bad Idea.   More tractor tugs of different types and Offshore Supply Vessels with a Dynamic Positioning capability? Extremely good idea for future shipyard downloads.... :captain:
*M*A*S*
Ships Officer
U.S. Merchant Marine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines