Hello Guest June 17, 2024, 17:41:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

i think it would be awesome to have some royal navy ships and more fishing ships

yes
- 25 (71.4%)
no
- 10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new ships (ideas)  (Read 3712 times)

mikeyw

• Forum member
new ships (ideas)
« on: November 12, 2011, 17:02:49 »

who else thinks it would be pretty cool :2thumbs:

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: new ships (ideas)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 17:08:09 »

If it's a ship which really excists, you have to ask permission to the owners of the ship. But because there are some people with a 'sinking fetish' which they will put on YouTube the chance will be low that the owners will so.

Also, this idea has been told a lot of times before. ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 17:15:20 »

One, If you ant navy ship you might as well go buy virtual sailor. Two, this is not warship simulator, it is Ship Simulator.
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

mikeyw

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 17:19:08 »

One, If you ant navy ship you might as well go buy virtual sailor. Two, this is not warship simulator, it is Ship Simulator.

what you said dont make any sence, i wasnt just on about navy.. amd yes your right its a ship simulator thats why i said navy and fishing... SHIPS... not aircraft n cars

mikeyw

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 17:19:46 »

Also, this idea has been told a lot of times before. ;)

ah im new you see, and shame really.. is there any way you can add your own ships?

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 17:24:51 »

Well you can look on the VS website... Oh you can install mods!
My PC specs:
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM

mikeyw

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 17:27:24 »

thankyou

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 18:14:28 »

i think more fishing boat wood be nice. like the Andrea Gail (RIP) and ss08's northwestern. and of course the vessels from the deadliest catch. ;D
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 18:24:33 »

is there any way you can add your own ships?

Not in Ship Simulator, but you can in Virtual Sailor, but I strognly advise you not to enter their forums....
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

michael_taal

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 21:15:53 »

well i like navy ships but i know the will never be a player ship for shipsim

i really like fishing vessels or dredgers (pls make the phaedrus a player ship  :angel: )
i`m making some fishing vessels with google skethup and i have a Dredger.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 21:23:15 »

i like the warships. theyre big and fast. ;D

i think making the ai warships in sse player ships is great and i see no reason not to do it. i think that same thing goes for phaedrus and the whaling ships.
Today's weather:

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 21:45:35 »

Well, I would like to have more navy and fishing vessels, but as long as you not can "fishing" with fishing vessels and do anything specific with the navy vessels so is there no meaning with more vessels in my opinion. The reason that I say "more navy vessels" is cause there is already two navy vessels in the game. The US Coast Guard vessels are in the reality just navy-vessels. So instead of more ships, give every vessel their own specific way of use. Like today so can you create a mission and put a rib in a mission where it should be the cutter, or a fishing mission you can use Vermaas, there will be no difference, cause the fishing is only happening in the players fantasy.

Finaly, Virtual Sailor is the old version of that serie of games, it is like SS206/SS2008 and has not been updated sinse mid 2010. The new version of that game is Vehicle Simulator. Which one is best, Vehicle Simultor or Ship Simulator Extreme has been discuessed many times here, but it finaly goes down to what you personaly are looking for. If you like a freeroaming simulator where you can sail around the world with simulated instruments so is Vehicle Simulator better. But if you prefer missions where almost no instruments are simulated and have realy good graphic so is SSE better. There is also a lot of add ons for Vehicle Sim, some payware which have much better qualities than SSE-ships have. Virtual Sailor have a bit of bad reputation of having bad graphic but the new version of that game is much better than the old Virtual Sailor.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 22:27:12 »

it would be nice if the trawler booms on sigita (and all ship's loading cranes) wer operational. ;D
Today's weather:

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 18:19:36 »

@VirtualSkipper:
Not in Ship Simulator, but you can in Virtual Sailor, but I strognly advise you not to enter their forums....

What's wrong with the forums of Virtual Sailor?

Although SSE isn't a wargame, but with Naval vessel you can also do humanitarian, rescue and antipiracy missions. Landing Platform Docks like the the Royal Dutch Navy's Hr.Ms. Rotterdam L800 are well suited for evacuation and humanitarian missions.

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 18:38:58 »

Ask VS who Victor is...
My PC specs:
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 10:31:06 »

Hmm. The common misconception is that all warships in SSE are toothless... Not so, the warship ´protector´ is armed with a fire extinguisher, and I have just checked to see if it works in multiplayer, and it DOES.  Therefore, if someone wanted to; they could organise a "water cannons at dawn" type game in multiplayer.

Other ideas are that opposing players could be on fire and the first player to extinguish the other players fire is the winner.

Now if Vstep would allow for different colour dyes to be added to the warer cannon jets, things could get even more interesting.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 13:23:49 by sydmichel »
We're all buddies in boats

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 16:49:49 »

now protector is not a warship. its a coast guard patrol boat. cutter cood be a warship; it shood be a warship. it has a big turret in the front and a gatling gun in the aft.

vstep, can u make these weapons operational? ;D
Today's weather:

michael_taal

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 17:44:25 »

tomorrow there will be a new ship (the winner) ;D

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 17:49:51 »

Rbsanford, Protector is also a warship, same as the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter. U.S. Coast Guard is a part of the U.S. armed forces. The Coast Guard are also taking part of military operation like in Iraq. So there are actually two(three) warship in SSE(the third is the rib on the Cutter). So even if the Coast Guard mostly are doing civil operations so are their ships warships.

One idea can be to give this ships amunition so they could shoot warnings, but not beeing able to sink ship. Today so do the horn not help much, are you 100 ft away will you not hear it.

Sydmichel, I think your idea with colored water to the water cannon is funny, but, I doubt that it will come in the game. And if Vstep should do anything with the water cannons so should it be to short the length you can use them, today you can take out a fire 700-900 ft and that is not realistic, even if you can shoot the water that distance so has it spread so much that it will not take out the fire.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines