Hello Guest September 27, 2024, 23:29:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extremes: US Coast Guard ships  (Read 1131 times)

Phantom2

• Forum member
Extremes: US Coast Guard ships
« on: September 29, 2011, 15:51:35 »

I am thoroughly enjoying SS Extremes, and it runs smoothly at highest resolution (1600x1200) with all the settings at their highest on my system. I especially like the very nice US Coast Guard cutter. My Dad was in the US Coast Guard during and after WW2, and served on one of the big cutters (not the more recent 378' version (1967) in the game), and also  on a 47-foot Motor Lifeboat (MLB) on Lake Superior. Those giant fresh water waves rolled the MLB many times and he said it was like serving on a submarine, and they saved a lot of lives in stormy emergencies. Be nice to have the MLB in the game.

My Dad would have enjoyed these Extremes ships very much. I am currently working on a simple mission on San Francisco Bay with the CG cutter and the 87' Protector. Since I sailed there on my own boats in the 70s, and was also on a US Destroyer on the Bay in the 60s, I am well familiar with all the SF Bay area. Of course I have also sailed it many times and designed missions on my VSK5 simulator.
"The humblest craft that floats makes its appeal to a seaman by the faithfulness of her life." "The true peace of God begins at any point 1,000 miles from the nearest land."
 -Joseph Conrad
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines