Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 12:04:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic Weather? Where?  (Read 1375 times)

scorezoid

• Forum member
Dynamic Weather? Where?
« on: September 25, 2011, 13:31:39 »

Hey,

i read on Steam news about a new feature: "dynamic weather presets" (here)

---- ReleaseNotes Patch 1.3.5 -> 1.4 ----
[ UPDATE ]

[ General ]

* New Feature: Dynamic weather presets, focussing on actual changing weather during the game

When i check the official release notes, i dont find anything about dynamic weather: http://download.shipsim.com/Extremes/patches/ShipSimExtremes_Update_1.4.0.txt

So actually i found ingame in free roam a option "dynamic snow". But when i played it there were just snow and nothing "dynamic". So how does it work - and where? Is the dynamic weather also in missions and campaigns?

mvsmith

Re: Dynamic Weather? Where?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 15:43:54 »

Hi scorezoid,

I am as mystified as you concerning STEAM’s announcement. If you can’t find any information about it in VSTEP’s release notes or documentation, you might look on the STEAM forum or ask them directly.

Mission creators for SSE have always had the capability to have dynamic weather in their missions—weather that changes over time during the mission.
The SSE weather system is described in the “Mission Editor Guide” that was installed with the game, and in the “Mission Editor Notes” that you can download from:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.0.html

You need to register your serial key in your forum profile to access the latter.
Regards,
Marty

As I’m sure you noticed, on the Weather page of the Free Roaming menu, there is a drop-down list of weather presets—and a preview of the effect that you select.
How “dynamic” the weather is depends upon the wind speed—it is the wind that moves the weather across the environment.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 15:55:03 by mvsmith »

mvsmith

Re: Dynamic Weather? Where?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 16:30:06 »

Campaign Missions differ from free roam in that they are intended by the author to have a certain weather. It would make little sense for the player to change that.
Free roams are constructed in the same way as missions—they just have an environment and ships, but no objectives and no logic except for that needed to support any AI.
You can always make your own free roam in the Mission Editor. You can then include additional Player ships, moorings, barges, etc. You can set whatever dynamic weather you wish, and you can even have it change when you enter different areas of the environment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines