Hello Guest September 18, 2024, 14:31:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help :/ lost cd. But still have the licence key  (Read 1522 times)

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
Help :/ lost cd. But still have the licence key
« on: September 02, 2011, 00:11:08 »

Hi,
It's been a real long time no visit on this forum. But umm... i recently restored my pc due to  some viruses and i wanted to "re-install" the game so i can play it. But since i never needed the cd when playing the game, i have no idea where it is and I've been looking everywhere for the past week. But, i still do have the license key written on a piece of paper so... If there are any solutions, that would be helpful.

Thanks. :)

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: Help :/ lost cd. But still have the licence key
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 00:16:29 »

unfortunately it is your responsibility to keep track of the disk... sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Dexter
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:32 »

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, as dexter also correctly points out, you're responsible for your own possessions. So there's no chance of getting a new game sent to you, as you can imagine. Sorry.  :)

But, according to the EULA, you are allowed to have one single backup copy of the game that you own a license for.

So, if you were to download the game from a torrent site, then you would not be breaking any rules, since you have a license for the game. You may download that which you already own, in case of emergency, as a backup.

This might be the only solution left to you, unless you can find the disc agian. Please be adviced though, the downloads offered on torrent sites are often accompanied by cracks, key generators and the likes. These are likely to contain malware, viruses, etc.

Download all this at your own risk of course, and don't use such additional content, only use the game installer itself, with your own valid license key. Then you'll end up with a normal and fully functional installation again.

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:10:49 by Mad_Fred »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 13:58:24 »

Our local shop is selling ss08 for £5 in the bargain bin. Perhaps you might have similar luck in Canada- or look online at Amazon or something.

There's loads of copies around; there might even be one on ebay where someone is selling it as they've lost their code- you never know.

Failing that, take up dominoes as a hobby instead.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 21:39:22 »

okay thanks guys :thumbs: for your replies hahaha the funny thing is that i found the CD but it's for ShipSim 06 haha but i dont have the license key anymore... well i guess i'll just have to download it... hopefully my pc wont get messed. I thought downloading torrents were breaking rules but i guess not in this case.  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines