Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:03:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission times - Sightseeing around the Solent  (Read 6744 times)

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
Re: Mission times - Sightseeing around the Solent
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:16:52 »

One thing you have not considered is that there is a 10kt speed limit in Portsmouth Harbour for all craft!!!! ???

captseaton

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 16:37:37 »

One thing you have not considered is that there is a 10kt speed limit in Portsmouth Harbour for all craft!!!! ???

Not for RMS Titanic as she is "grandfathered". Built before that speed limit went into effect. :P

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 19:05:37 »

Update for you all ;)

The mission times have been reset on this mission and a couple of other missions that had inaccurate times :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Parsec

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 11:15:50 »

The mission times have been reset on this mission and a couple of other missions that had inaccurate times :)

Hmmm... the game still reports the inaccurate times... and so do the highscore list on this forum too...  ???

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 11:38:43 »

Hmmm... the game still reports the inaccurate times... and so do the highscore list on this forum too...  ???

I just noticed that a few moments ago, I will report this to Vstep :)

It wasn't showing yesterday, but today it is :-\

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

captseaton

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 00:09:47 »

I just noticed that a few moments ago, I will report this to Vstep :)

It wasn't showing yesterday, but today it is :-\

Regards.

DJM.

Wooohoo! That makes me number 3 on that mission. That was the one on my profile that really stuck out like a sore thumb. I was almost 20 minutes off the high mark. Made me look noob.

In other news, Sadsid just beat my time on Inbound Hamburg.  :o

The race is on.

Doc

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 22:06:28 »

Maybe a bit off-topic but just for the fun of it I tried a few missions again today trying to beat some "high-scores"  :) Thing I did quite good  ;D
Maximus V Formula, i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz, G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz, Samsung 840Pro 128GB SSD+WD Black 2TB, Gigabyte GV-R697OC2-2GD, Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD±RW SH224BB, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX750W, Razer DeathAdder 3.5G, Klipsch 2.1 Media Pro Speakers, Windows 7 Ult SP1 x64

Zé das Iscas

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 03:42:48 »

I agree that time ranking is a bit "arcadish" and probably not suitable for most challenges, except for motorboat races of course. Time should be like a reference or a goal but not the only one.
Aspects related with safety, sailing rules, smoothness of the manouvers and stability of ships (since they are carrying people and stuff), company schedules and even the mechanical integrity of the ships, whould make scores a lot more interesting (I know, I know ;D : that must mean a real lot of work for guys at vstep, but it would be really great I think).

Well, for now I'll just try to keep up with the top times and race you guys ;D

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 07:58:22 »

i personally dont really like having the fastest time in the missions as a goal, yes it can be fun but not very realistic at all. Not once during my time at sea did we try and beat any one elses time to navigate, say the Houston ship canal, and dock, that would be considered as dangerous and not very responsible. In fact you would probebly lose your ticket over it. A ship should only be sailed at the safest speed for the conditions, not to beat  a record, just look at the Titanic. I think that each mission should be calculated as if it was a real mission, and the person who matches that overall time should be No1, it would be a lot harder to match that time than beat the fastest

Thats my two cents ;)

That would be great, can only hope that this will be a feature in the next version, unless it can be implemented now but I don't think it can be. I'm sure there would be alot of people that would be angry when the fastest time isn't the winning time but I think it's better the way you described.

I also noticed that when a computer is slower the timer doesn't reflect this so you have a disadvantage. This would be less of an effect with your suggestion! :)
[MPSS]AlexKall
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines