Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 19:53:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing scenery and boats can be good for all......  (Read 1688 times)

cjordan

• Forum member
Sharing scenery and boats can be good for all......
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:10 »

Years and years ago Microsoft Flight Simulator was launched and look at the following now. Freeware Payware Shareware, and it didn't hurt Microsoft at all. I would love to see this evolve the way Flight simulator did with a Global scenery base and people could add and share scenerys, ships, boats, sailboats and sail the world together online or offline. the radar is possible radio channels to communicate GPS Navigation and instead of Air Traffic Controllers, we have harbour masters....... The possibility's are endless. And Then we won't be able to wait for the next release of Ship Simulator. I think it would be a good thing for the company to have a huge following. and as the graphics and computers get better and faster, lookout.......  I'm not trying to plug MS or FS but the way the community works together is amazing. Now you can fly anywhere in the world, and reconize the scenery, there is no reason we couldn't sail the world and recognize any port.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough, Happy sailing, Cal ;D 

JHB

• Forum member
Re: Sharing scenery and boats can be good for all......
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:41:25 »

I agree sooo much in what you have just written. Now they just have to make a function that makes it able to add add-ons straight into the game which will be a major challenge for VSTEP (what I have been reading). First of all the add-ons need to be in file formats that the game engine can read. Second they have to show up inside the game and the installation will hopefully be simple.

Another thing is to have available tools for the add-on developer so he can run the add-on inside the game to test it before he releases the add-on public.

Yes a major challenge… ;)

greyhill

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 19:03:19 »

i agree fully, i think out side developers should be able add, whether shareware, payware or freeware, posted earlier some pics of ships and boats available to flight sim, it would be great if some of these people got involved for some of the addons are truly amazing in quality

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2623.0.html
ships used to be made of wood, and sailed by men of steel, now the ships are made of steel, and the men of wood.

cjordan

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 21:23:15 »

There has been some really good scenery's and aircraft released for FS over the years, and a lot of garbage, But you just don't install the garbage. A lot of freeware is out there and pay ware. A lot of businesses have been based just on the scenery's and aircraft made. If VStep thinks they can have it all to themselves I think they are sadly mistaken. This year Microsoft released the SDKs at the same time FS X was released. I heard some company's even got the SDKs before release. They still control Flight Simulator and the direction it is taking. They add a few planes to wet our appetite and let others continue to make great add-ons for it. If they don't take the blinders off MS will get on this also. (I think they have started already) Boats in FS X that you can control! soon someone will make a scenery maker that will put ports in accurately, MS will add the code so the weather will generate the waves.    FSPassenger is one add-on that allows you to create a company to haul people around and make a profit depending on your skills. That would be great to do in a passenger liner. Sail from Miami through the Panama Canal to Seattle in a Passenger Liner or NewYork to London in a yacht, with real weather, hmmmmm......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines