Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:50:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinion about patch 1.1 for SS2008 (release candidate build 1001)  (Read 4748 times)

m131167

• Forum member

I have started this new thread where the new patch can be discussed. I suggest this new thread because the old "patch time" thread by now is filled with a lot of "off topic statement" and is very long. Also I hope that we can all keep to the topic of this thread so we here can have an good discussion about the patch (hint to the moderators ;-)...lol).
So...I will go first.
When I first got SS08 I was dissapointed about the product and also sceptic about where Vstep were going with SS08. All other things aside by today I must say that I feel re envigourated by the yesterdays release because I feel now that we can see where the contours of a shipsimulator that has a lot of potential...also potential of a commercial succes..which is very important. Yes...there are a some bugs still and the road ahead for all of us is still long and perhaps bumby...and also...remember by posting time this is not a release...its a release candidate.
Howevere the reason for my change of opinion primarily lies with the release of the mission editor. With the ME Vstep has released a tool that...once we can master it... can create very sofisticated and interesting missions with a lot of actions. The only limitation is our own imagination. I expect that we in the future can download a lot of intense missions and therefore I believe that the ME is somewhat critical to the commercial succes of SS08 because the more "arcade minded" customer segment now can be catered for (sorry for the pun...lol). 
To honest using the ME requires training and also some skills  - so before everyone is charging Vstep for not being able to get the ME to work I say...Good job with the ME.
So to sum it up... I feel that we now can see the contours of a product that can mature into the "best ever" desktop ship simulator. And...by now I can reccomend puchasing the product because by now I'm convinced that Vstep both have the intention and the capability to follow the product through all the way.
So guys at Vstep...for now... Before you again hit the keyboards and monitors in the seemingly endless quest to eradicate bugs.... Enjoy your weekend.... with these words...JOB WELL DONE!
Michael Christiansen, Karup - Denmark

Tugboats007

• Forum member
Re: Opinion about patch 1.1 for SS2008 (release candidate build 1001)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 14:46:03 »

Hi all, I too am glad to see the Patch "RC" come out yesterday. With that being said, the amount of Bugs in the patch leaves me to think twice about putting it on my machine for now. I have a SS08 that works OK and would be very frustrated to find that I lost that with it's bugs to a SS08 that now has a new set of bugs. I have not by any means given up on V-Step I think they are doing the best they can. They are trying to bring out a SS that is like nothing out there now. Keep up the GOOD WORK. But for me right now I think I will set back and wait to install the patch unitl it gets a little better.

MJD

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 19:04:01 »

In fact I'm very pleased with the patch so far, I got nothing to report about bugs except a couple of minor things. I suspect that some of you got your own system to blame and not the patch ;)

Great work VSTEP

Jocke

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 14:18:09 »

Changed topic

Regards Jocke
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 14:50:40 by Jocke »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 14:23:57 »

Hiya all :)

Please make any bug reports in the topic below :)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2139.0.html

This is still a Release Candidate and any bugs/issues need reporting to the Development team :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Jocke

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 14:25:51 »

Hi DJM

Sorry, can you move this post to the right topic?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 14:30:14 »

Hi DJM

Sorry, can you move this post to the right topic?

No, you will need to repost it in the correct area, sorry.

No need to apologise :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

simplayer

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 22:33:53 »

Hey guys,
i installed the patch, played a few games and it went all above my expectations.
I don't have a clue why there seem to be so many problems with the update (patch)
I did not do anything special, only installed it, restarted my laptop, and all went fine...
So, for now.... no probs, fine job, my compliments to the developers...

CONSTANTIA ET LABORE

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 22:50:13 »

Hey guys,
i installed the patch, played a few games and it went all above my expectations.
I don't have a clue why there seem to be so many problems with the update (patch)
I did not do anything special, only installed it, restarted my laptop, and all went fine...
So, for now.... no probs, fine job, my compliments to the developers...

Great to hear that you have no problems :)

This topic was started for the Release Candidate version of the patch though, so these problems were reported before the release of the full official patch ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Titanic ship of dreams

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 14:15:58 »

The Titanic turns unrealistic in the patch

cunnigar

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 21:06:40 »

Don't know if i'm in right section but here goes anyhow. Since downloading the patch i am having nothing but trouble,unable to complete missions as waypoints disappear,or in leaving new terminal game waypoint is in middle of ship!Game has shut down on numerous occasions.Ships around me upside down ,up on the docks etc.My ship sinking with no damage done to it.I could go on for hours.What the hell is going on?Is anyone else having this trouble? ???

Aidablu

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 21:22:50 »

Don't know if i'm in right section but here goes anyhow. Since downloading the patch i am having nothing but trouble,unable to complete missions as waypoints disappear,or in leaving new terminal game waypoint is in middle of ship!Game has shut down on numerous occasions.Ships around me upside down ,up on the docks etc.My ship sinking with no damage done to it.I could go on for hours.What the hell is going on?Is anyone else having this trouble? ???

NO nothing like that, and if i had i would report it to vstep and not moaning about it..
HAHA LOOKING FOR MY USERNAME LOOK BELOW

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 21:27:06 »

NO nothing like that, and if i had i would report it to vstep and not moaning about it..

Do you think that was really necessary?  Someone having issues isn't moaning, they have a legitimate problem, wouldn't you agree?

Hiya cunnigar :)

Any issues must be reported in the Technical Support board, you will need to register your licence key into your forum profile to access this area.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the FAQ's, or PM a Moderator, thanks :)

Also, may I suggest searching the Technical Support board before posting ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Aidablu

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 17:24:59 »

Do you think that was really necessary?  Someone having issues isn't moaning, they have a legitimate problem, wouldn't you agree?

Hey DJM

I'm sorry but, i was not myself in this case, i said something that i sould never have said, and i take it back.

And yes i would agree with you DJM
HAHA LOOKING FOR MY USERNAME LOOK BELOW

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 19:14:48 »

Hey DJM

I'm sorry but, i was not myself in this case, i said something that i sould never have said, and i take it back.

And yes i would agree with you DJM

I guess we all have days like that now and again eh :)

It's not necessary to apologise to me for anything, I never take anything personally.  cunnigar was stating his feelings about the situation he finds himself in, if anyone deserves an apology, it would be him :)

Regards.

DJM.

cunnigar

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 15:20:53 »

No bother,i'm not going to get upset over something a stranger says to me!!And i though this forum was to vstep?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 19:01:40 »

And i though this forum was to vstep?

Sorry, I'm not certain of the question you're asking here, could you elaborate please?

Regards.

DJM.

cargohauler

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 19:18:54 »

I found a bug on one of the missions, I'll have more details once I get home and find the mission, but it launches your taxi upwards and it ends up crashing

Godzilla 2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 22:58:56 »

Here's my opinion.

Good job. When I applied patch - I've got a different game. More better, than v 1.0
Mid-mission save function is really useful, especially in a long trip of the "Titanic", from The Solent to New Yourk.

cunnigar

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 23:16:11 »

That guy said i should address my problems to v step and i said i thought putting problems on this forum was addressing v step.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 23:29:01 »

In a way, yes. It is populated by other members like yourself, and moderators. We moderators are not Vstep employees, but we just try to help out as its something we like doing.

In most cases we can manage to get to the bottom of a problem. If we can't then we can refer it up to Vstep. You will see posts from Wout, Pjotr and Mark who do work for Vstep. They do read the forum themsleves, but as they're busy making software we try and answer as many question as possible for them.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines